Constant crashing

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Constant crashing

• As title, i have been playing for over a month with no problems, until yesterday when early in the evening i played for a while and all was fine,

then i quit to play something else, came back later to set a boot camp score i loaded it up and the game froze / crashed to desk

i started it back up and had to pay 60 gems to play again, even though it wasn’t my fault, i destroued 1 structure and it happened again

mow today the game freezes / crashes to the point of having to hard reset after no more than about 30 seconds after logging in and i’m at the top of the boot camp leader board and now can’t post a score :(

anybody else got this, or any fixes ?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
  • Janissary35680
    @janissary35680

This was happening to me intermittently on my HP laptop (Windows 10). I could recover  sometimes by going to the app’s settings and clicking on “Terminate” sometimes by rebooting the machine; on one occasion about a month ago it got so bad I did a App settings/Reset. I don’t recommend this because you start all over again with a new account and have to get Rovio to find your old account and connect it to the new one, which can only be done if you log in and save your progress with Facebook. For about a month after that, everything was more or less OK but the day before yesterday the problem re-emerged. Nothing else  worked so I did a Reset. This time even the startup Tutorial screens crashed. I did a couple of Uninstall/Reinstall cycles and even a System Restore to a date when I knew the program worked. No joy. I repeated all this yesterday. Still no joy.

I also play AB2 under a different account on an Android  tablet and have no issues there. (Touch wood.) So the problem in my case is the combination of an HP laptop and Win10.

You might have a look at this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/angry-birds-issue/fa1f8f25-8112-4a62-a2bf-897ef636a940?auth=1

AKA: https://bit.ly/3z4ckFm

It didn’t work for me but apparently has for some.

NOTE: If anyone from AYKUT KLAN sees this, the sad story above is the reason why I suddenly disappeared. Hope we won the tournament guys / AYKUT KLAN’dan birileri bunu görürlerse: Birdenbire ortalıktan kaybolmamın nedeni yukarıdaki üzücü hikayedir. Umarım turnuvayı kazandık arkadaşlar. — Janissary48400

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

Well yesterday, it played almost fine, apart from the odd ctd

but today it doesn’t seem to last more than a minute (usually less) before a ctd or a total freeze which i have to reset the pc, it doesn’t seem to matter wether i’m just on the home screen or opening a chest / on tof or actually flinging the first bird before it slows dramatically then crashes.

totally ridiculess

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

The other day it played fine for a couple of days, if i manually clicked save straight after logging in

but since yesterday that doesn’t help as it ctd’s a few seconds after logging in and so i can’t play at all now.

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

Make sure, there are no apps or windows open in the background.

Before starting the game clear the browser cache.

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

The browser cache is  set to clear automatically after it closes and there are no apps running in the background

amd now it has started happening to the game on my win 10 tablet, which was working fine before, i have just had a windows feature update on it (21H1) today and come to think of it, it stated on my desktop after that update, so it might be a windows thing >_<

Edit:I’ve found out that the game works fine offline but not when connected to the internet, i’ve tried useing a previous version of firefox and now an upcomeing beta version but no luck, very confusing

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

The game started working again on my win 10 tablet, although it runs slow (but i haven’t tried it offline)

but not on my desktop (apart from offline, which it works fine and runs quickly and smoothly)

today however the first time i tried, i forgot to disconecct and the game worked ok, (long enough to collect my reward for winning last season of mebc, which ended iirc the first week of june and do a couple of other things), then it crashed again and now it;s back to normal, ie crashing a few seconds after logging in

now i’m very annoyed

KingOfPrussia
    @kingofprussia

I have this issue with AB2. Mine has begun about three weeks ago. The game crashes after being open for 1 min and 10 sec. always. I play on PC (laptop) Win 10, i7, RAM12. The fan starts spinning like crazy, the CPU load goes to 100% followed by the crash.

However, mysteriously,  if I’m offline, it works well. But, there are not much you can do offline.

So now, I’m starting the game, collect the daily spheres and the free chest goodies, feed the chicken, save the progress and then it crashes.

I sent an email to support few days ago, but no resolution so far.

…sad…

So, guys, if you know the fix, please share wit me, I will be very grateful for any help.

Thank you!

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

If you’re getting 1 minute 10 seconds you’re very lucky, i rarely get more than 3-5 seconds, today it logged in, tof immediatly popped up, the game froze and then crashed to desk.

I’d like to play apple hunt, but no chance.

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

The game suddenly started working again today (thursday) after more than a month, i haven’t done anything to it, the game hasn’t been updated and it still wasn’t working after the last windows update yesterday (wednesday),

there wasn’t a windows update today so go figure

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

There was a windows update today and after 2 weeks of the game working fine, it is now broken again, to the point of total freezing after 5-10 seconds requiring a hard reset.

So it’s offline play again for a while, so no tof or boot camp FFS, thx

Edit: a few days ago it suddenly started working on my pc again, but now it started crashing on my windows tablet, first by not playing videos for extra cards or rare chests at best to crashing to windows at worst

and today i entered boot camp and just as the 1st room loaded up and 2 birds appeared in the corner it crashed and when i went back in i had posted a score of zero, so there was no way i was going to risk 60 gems to try again, ffs optemize your game

>_< (very angry face)

king256
    @king256

For Windows 10 users, your save game is located at C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Packages\1ED5AEA5.4160926B82DB_p2gbknwb5d8r2\LocalState\save

Always save your game, you don’t have to save to a facebook profile.

After a fresh installation just copy save files from there to same new directory. Almost everything is saved (Gems, Pearls, Hat sets, Bird Levels, Star rank, Single player progress, Arena class, Spells) The game will just prompt you to input a new username!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Constant crashing

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments (1)

Comments are closed.