Chuck's Last Will not working properly?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Chuck's Last Will not working properly?

• I noticed this today during arena play.  My team consisted of Chuck (Thunderbird) using Last Will, Matilda (Witch) using Nightmare and Bomb (Pirate) using Scissors.

Last Will allows remaining allies an attack against a random target.  But for some reason, whenever Chuck dies with both Matilda and Bomb alive, only Bomb attacks.  But if Chuck dies with Matilda being the only bird alive, then Matilda attacks.  Feeling like I’m being cheated an attack.  The Last Will was working properly when I was using a team consisting of Thunderbird, Witch and Paladin.

Curious to see if this happens to anyone else with either the same birds or any other combination of birds or am I missing something…

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
  • Seb
    @sebth

@bchild

I mentionned it on this thread https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/weapons-classes-banner-best-choices/

In the following cases, it can happened sometimes that Chuck set doesn’t work :

When you attack a bird (not Chuck) with additional damages to others birds (with Beep or Dragon sets as example) and Chuck is killed.

If you attack and kill Chuck first and the next bird is killed just after (by the additional damages) leading to an additional action.

My feeling is that the game cannot make two actions in the same time but for the Last Will, it’s not 100% clear to me.
    As example, if you use the Illusionist Reflect on Red and use the SeaDog Gang Up on Red. When you attack an opponent with Red, Red should attack twice and after the SeaDog should attack the same opponent but the SeaDog don’t do it because you use two actions and in this case, the game does only the first.
    There are others examples of good ideas which don’t work :D

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

This very last week, Last Will seemed to miss some crucial trigger effects to me, too.

Arena match, GoodChuck with Last Will vs. BadChuck with Last Will. My team attack, killing BadChuck, LastWill triggers, their teammate hit GoodChuck killing it. At this point, nothing happens: no additional effect triggers. I usually lose at least one or two reaction attacks with this stack pile bug.

Chuck’s rage is actually cursed by similar time bug. When he is low on life, he attacks first and già Attack will target things that Will kill him, THEN suddenly the rage end. It is a shame because if you play with Chuck, Matilda and Blues, Chuck attacks always First during bis rage; if you are facing Thorne Wall Emblem or ThunderBird defensive shield, their effect Will kill Chuck and block the rage at its first attack.

Chuck killed after his own attack by opponent’s effects NOT ALWAYS triggers Last Will.

Autokilling Chuck doesn’t let Last Will to trigger.

Quite weird behaviours behind one of the most strategic weapon of out teams during tought arena leagues…

Coach MP
    @coachmp

I don’t have last will for my chuck, “GoodChuck.”  But the team I just faced and lost to rather quickly did have Last Will for “BadChuck.”  Let’s just say, it works perfectly fine for the other team!  Which is no help to you (us) as normal players vs the MAN (Rovio.)

bchild
    @bchild

@coachmp

That’s the thing.  It doesn’t work as advertised for me but works fine for my opponents all the time.  At least if it’s broken, make it fair and not work properly for everyone.

On the upside, using it with resurrect emblem does make it somewhat interesting since the opponent goes for Chuck first, I can sometimes start my turn with all three birds alive.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@bchild

@coachmp

@sebth

If you consider Last Will has so many subtle flaws but it still plays a key role on building overwhelming Arena team-based strategies, oh well, it is astonishing! Standing to the point that I’m aware there are bad bugs bringing into the game pesky asimmetrical situation (A.I. effects are always >> our effects) but A.I. gameplay is always completely predictable and you can always build the perfect 3-birds-team to face them, balancing the asimmetricity.

Back to the point, IMHO, it seems that any chuck kill derived by an opponent action not targeting “a bird” but generated by a casual chain of effects will not trigger Last Will. Like @sebth told us listing examples of bugs, splash damage casually killing Chuck does not trigger LW.

On the other hand, the predictability of opponents’ sequence moves is so easy that building a team like the one here is simply letting me to be have an edge over opponents’ teams regardless their global strength https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/weapons-classes-banner-best-choices/

While it is not clear when or how ROVIO will fix minor bugs like these ones we are talking here, it is clear that they randomly take out some dust fixing weapons/class bugs. A couple of Matilda weapons have been fixed late 2017 without announcing it. We can start making tickets about Last Will missing triggers, hoping to bè heard.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@sebth
    This a truly unbelievable bug example :-)

Me:
    1 – Chuck Lightning Bird with Last Will
    2 – Matilda Witch with Endless Chant
    3 – Blues Marksmen with Vengeance
    4 – Banner Valiant with Resurrection Emblem

Rovio
    1 – Paladin with Dragon Breath
    2 – Wizard with Last Will
    3 – Princess
    4 – Valiant with Resurrection

My birds started being wounded by Rovio Paladin.
    It hopefully instant killed my Chuck. But It resurrect.
    Last Will triggered and both Matilda and Blues innocently smashed Rovio’s Chuck. Rovio Last Will triggered, too.
    Fueled by their evil and chaotic spirit both Paladin and Princess killed my poor Marksmen, leaving my Witch with only a few remaining life points.
    Marksmen resurrect and its Thirst of Vengeance triggered too, targeting both Paladin and Princess.
    One got killed and one stunned.
    Rovio cannot stand by my positive rush of events, my team alive and its One almost a mess.
    The entire game got stuck. Not a single blue circle of action was available both for me and my Rovio opponent.

Game freezed. Too lucky. Game loss. :-(

Seb
    @sebth

@maxxmatt @bchild

JYI

If your Chuck is killed by Bird A, the Last Will triggers. BUT if your first bird which attacks randomly (it’s not always the first of the team) kills the Bird A, the Last Will is stopped and your second bird won’t attack.

I let you complain about this bug to Rovio. I complained enough in 2017 ;-)

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@sebth
    Sadly, I did this complain once during 2017 and another one last month. Nothing happened to Last Will and no answer came out from support, yet. :-(

I’m still playing it, even if underpowered, too.

Seb
    @sebth

Last Will does not trigger if Chuck is killed by the Gang Up of the SeaDog

Seb
    @sebth

@maxxmatt

You asked it few weeks ago

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

Thanks @sebth, you gave me a great advice about arena opponents’ team composition through this screenshot. A few days ago I was trying this exact unusual birds/weapons configuration. You faced me and opponents game selector did not manipolate elements and option available. The method applied is not to randomly create a team from all’ the available options of your enemies but to simply selector the last ones they played in Arena or left selected while switching off the game. You helped me/us clearing my mind about this argument, thanks.

Now, only a mistery remains opened… why so many bad teams all’ around arena leagues? ;-) :-) but I suspect that misterious mistery Will bè left unveiled ;-) ;-)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Chuck's Last Will not working properly?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.