Buying rare chests vs. winning rare chests

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Buying rare chests vs. winning rare chests

• In the last couple of days I played a lot, won a lot of free rare chests (arena, daily stuff). Today I bought some rare chest – well not only “some” if you catch my drift.
    So anyway, I started to realize, that I have never ever seen 2000 or even 3500 feathers in a rare chest, that I won from the arena or the daily challenge. Also, very rarely I see 200 or 1000 gems in a rare chest (and by seeing I do not mean actually winning it, just seeing another card displaying those items). I just bough around 9-10 rare chest. In two of them I saw a card showing 3500 feathers, in 4 I saw 200 gems. This is a frequency of those high(er) rewards I definitely haven’t noticed in in chests that I won from the arena or other sources.

And this leads me to my question: is the drop chance for better rewards higher in those chests that you buy than in chests that you win?

Has anybody ever experienced the same thing?
    If there are any of you who don’t mind spending couple of gems on chests (I know there are some who don’t care about 800 gems for example – me included), could you try to verify this?

I know, some will propably call the conspiracy theory card again, but this feels real to me. Better rewards for buying those chest than for winning them seems to be very cheap.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Replies
  • Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Dunno about buying (didn’t bought not even single chest) but best rare chests i always get in arena streak #3.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

Rovio knows that ‘winning’ the chest(s) from the Daily Challenges/King Pig Panic is much easier (to where almost everyone can complete them daily) than allowing your gems to accumulate in order to buy the rare chests, so obviously they would stick better rewards in the chests that don’t come as easy. Just a thought

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

I’ve never bought a rare chest, the odds for the ones I won were quite fair. I regularly get the big prizes.

Considering that there would be no benefit for Rovio to implement something like this and that it probably wouldn’t even be that easy to implement that at all I think it’s safe to say that your experience is just “subjective statistics”.

cognitive
    @cognitive

No benefit? I disagree… The whole point is to entice people to spend gems, and this is as good a way as any.

Difficult to implement? Likewise. An extra parameter in the openRareChest code 😀…

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I only bought those chest because I was buying some legendary chests for feathers and continued with the rare chest when dropping below 900 gems.

@mzimoxs
    : I was going to say so, but yesterday I’m sure I bought 40-50 of those chests. Since I win at least 4-6 every single day, I would suspect similar awards there and not only “subjective statistics”, but this is exactly why I posted it here. Today I already won 4 chests… not one contained anything better than 3 ME or 40 pearls… no gems, no hats,…

I will try to document it.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

And this leads me to my question: is the drop chance for better rewards higher in those chests that you buy than in chests that you win?

I will try to document it.

To make your life easier I’ll answer you right away; no there’s not a difference in drop chance, they have equal rewards.

Take care!
    /Hank

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Thank you for the statement, @hank.
    Then I just opened some darn lucky chest. I finished the feat with opening 300 chests, and only this once saw AND won the 3.500 feathers, not once before have I seen this reward.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

I also saw 3500 feathers chest but got not the feathers but 200 gems today. Don’t remember what the other awards were.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

This topic is quite old, but I feel the need to say something.

@hank
    stated clearly, that there is now difference between chest that we buy or win. I opened quite some legendary chests by now. NEVER have I received or seen 100 Pearls (common card) in a chest that I bought. But with the clan rewards I would say, I won about 15-20 legendary chests. HALF the legendary chests give my 100 Pearls.
    So, you wanna tell me, there is no difference in the chests I buy or the chests I win? Come on…

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

The 100 pearls from legendary chests you win are actually from a x4 hat you already own. There is only a difference in the way it is displayed. I’m pretty sure you find x4 hats you own in chests you buy, too.

Old Boy Smash
    @oldboysmash

I won a rare chest reward for star ranking up and saw 500 gems in there. The card I picked was 40 gems. Damn

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Wait, what? Are you talking about gems or black pearls?? The gems have been deleted from the loot table weeks ago – I would now assume, you saw pearls, not gems.

@mzimoxs
    : that can actually be true… but why is there a different way to display this? I am almost sure I also saw x4 hats in those chests, which were not displayed as 100 pearls.
    But you might be right. However I will look closer next time and see if there is a x4 hat not displayed as pearls in there. Thanks you.

Old Boy Smash
    @oldboysmash

Sorry my mistake did mean to say PEARLS. My sinility kicked in and I got carried away with excitement lol

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

In our clan we had the theory it’s because the chest outcome is predetermined. When you collect your clan rewards you get everything at once. So if the reward from the chest is chosen to be the x4 hat (100 pearls) you already have those 100 pearls before you open the chest, thus the game skips the hat->pearl animation. That doesn’t happen for chests you buy with gems.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I think you’re right, though it’s a crappy way to show the player his “price” – 100 pearls from a 900 gems chest is in fact a slap in the face.

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

Actually, I don’t think the drop rate is better for bought ones. Chances are, as you do a chest your reward is already determined, and the other cards are just there to entice you further – so I reckon if you BUY they show you “better” things you missed out on (so you try to buy more).

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Buying rare chests vs. winning rare chests

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.