Bludgeon and Brawl Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Bludgeon and Brawl Event

• So, since we don’t have a dedicated thread (?) I’ll put my comments that don’t belong in other places here.
    So I did buy the special event bundle, and I haven’t watched the “double reward” ads this time around. I haven’t (knock on wood) had a crash once!

First the bad (again)
    E. Soundwave and Galvatron are pretty much useless at levels 8&9. Can anyone say if they are better at higher levels?
    The new cohort matching system – I know it’s posted elsewhere, so I’ll keep this short; I’m also Not A Fan of it. Very much Not A Fan. I know you want to give new players a chance, but upgrading TFs should help, not hinder.
    While the crashing seems to have stopped, it definitely looks like it WAS the ads, not the device.

The Good –
    A reasonably priced bundle that offered a decent value! Good job Rovio, combined with my happiness over the Halloween event, I actually gave you the five bucks* for an accessory, gems (a decent amount) and TOKENS! Seriously, good work!
    It’s also kind of nice that the groups of bots being used are limited. This gives us time to upgrade bots and once you get to the higher levels, we really need it!

You want to “add new elements” or “make the competitions harder more evenly matched” – forget the new sorting and stick with the limited bot groups! Those of us who’ve heavily invested in a few bots like the Soundwaves and E.Grimlock (like me) are forced to balance our forces out. (And this doesn’t penalize long-time players!)

A Question About the Blues
    Anyone else used Prowl or Bluestreak in regular nodes and/or competition runs? I’ve used Blue in a regular node and the nerfing seems to have been undone!

*I want a chunk of my payment given to the creator/designer/artist who did the Halloween decorating. The price was nice but their work is what pushed me to make a purchase.

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Replies
  • Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

I never noticed the blues were nerfed

acwb16
    @acwb16

I noticed it in a ‘Smashing Pumpkins’ competition run that they seemed to be much worse than the last time I used them, which was in a regular node. I wonder if it was (is?) a competition-only nerfing.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@acwb16 was it Bluestreak or Prowl? Prowl (the white police car)tends to take longer while firing, but deals more damage with his charge bomb while Bluestreak (the blue/grey dune buggy) fires at a moderate rate with medium damage

acwb16
    @acwb16

It was Bluestreak. I used both in the ‘Smashing Pumpkins’ and they both seemed a lot slower walking and firing than the last time I’d used them (which was in a regular node). I’ll have to try Prowl when a node shows up and try him too.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

Galvatron, E Galvatron, Starscream, and Shockwave are all underpowered. They only attack a small area and have a long cooldown time.

acwb16
    @acwb16

What level do you have yours at, Gabee1611? I’m hoping (slim hope, I know) that they get better at higher levels. I know under level 10 isn’t great in competitions anyway, but these guys are AWFUL!

And I’ve run a Prowl node since my last post – he’s way to underpowered to be THAT slow. I’d swear he used to be a lot better, before ‘Smashing Pumpkins’.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

My Galvatron is 15 with all accessories. The rest are 13 with most accessories

@gabe-nestor It is pretty pathetic that your Transformers don’t have the firepower that they should have. And it doesn’t make any sense as to why that is the case because when I call upon those particular characters as teammates, they have stonger firepower if they are at a high level. I think Rovio needs to fix those Transformers so that they have more destructive firepower and faster cooldown times when they are upgraded to the higher levels because the other Transformers do have the necessary firepower. For example, both Soundwave and Nemesis Prime are pretty powerful once they reach level 8, Soundwave, especially, literally, shatters all Of blocks he is firing at, including the stone blocks, most of time with just one shot. That seems to be pretty powerful to me and pretty useful. So I ask Rovio: “Why are some Transformers more powerful than other Transformers at the higher upgrade levels?”

Phillips
    @phillips

Normal Soundwave is all but useless against anything except blocks. Level 15 and he can’t even take off the first quarter of Unicrons health, he can’t beat Boss Pig and flying pigs while the blast will kill surrounding flying pigs it takes about 7 shots to kill the targeted one (not sure as they normally kamikaze me before I can kill them).

So thankful the event ends soon as most of the deceptihogs are useless against Unicron and Boss Pig.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@phillips the only decepticon that is good at killing Unicron and boss pig is energon lockdown with explosive rounds

Phillips
    @phillips

I think I killed unicron once in the event and that was with Bludgeon. Never killed Boss Pig. Don’t have explosive rounds for Energon Lockdown possibly something worthwhile investing some gems in.

Geli
    @geli

@phillips Yes, get the explosive rounds for ELockdown. Defeats Boss Pig and Unicron, although the latter is a bit difficult to defeat due to ELockdown’s “walking” speed. The explo rounds Also helps against swarming helopigs.

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

Just another cheap event over & done with

acwb16
    @acwb16

Ah boo. That makes me not want to bother upgrading them at all. Might bump them down the list, at least. Thanks for telling me though!

Yeah, @Phillips, Soundwave is actually super useful against blocks or stationary pigs. He’s ok against WMT, nothing great. But definitely not who you want to have when any of the Big Bosses show up. Or a swarm of flying pigs.

@phillips You’re right about Soundwave, which is why I used him (primarily) in this event, but I also have him equipped with the jetpack and a Christmas-themed accessory that looks like a tree-topper.

For future events, if you need an effective Transformer against Unicron Pig and the Boss Pig, unless he is not available, use Energon Grimlock. His weapon alone is very effective against Unicron Pig (when his shields are down) and the Boss Pig. I know this from experience. I haven’t yet been able to destroy Unicron Pig (if it’s possible to destroy him), but I have come very close to it by inflicting very serious damage to him with Energon Grimlock’s weapon. I have been able to destroy the Boss Pig on more than one occasion, but it requires several shots to destroy him because I have to keep diverting Energon Grimlock’s attention to the Boss Pig’s killer missles to shoot them down before they hit. Fortunately, Energon Grimlock’s weapon has a very rapid targetting ability and a longer continuous firing rate before it has to cool down which is very useful when there are multiple targets coming at you all at the same time.

acwb16
    @acwb16

I love using E. Grimlock for just those reasons, Garfield! I have been able to destroy Unicron, but it’s kind of iffy – E. Grim is fairly fast (for a Grimlock) so it really depends on the setting. I do have one of the Chinese New Year dragon hats for mine, so he’s got a bit of a boost.
    Sometimes it’s not worth taking him though – depends on what the day’s target is, and how often the bosses are showing up. 2 bot events I’ll often take him along just in case, though.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

I usually used Bludgeon in this event. I only switched to the bonus TF, if the bonus was above 40%.

I was using soundwave, but my first encounter with boss pig was a disaster. To hit the missle the timing must be perfect. two hits in a level 15 Soundwave is good bye. I couldn’t even finish the stage.

With bludgeon I could defeat Boss pig, and almost defeated Unicron. I left him with the last chunk of energy every time I fought with him. If I had choose Shieldor as my energonicon, I could skip turning into vehicle on the fallling towers, so I thik it would be possible to defeat him. But instead I usually used Glassor, because it was faster to destroy stone blocks with it, making easier my regular runs.

I could manage to get the last TF I was needing, so this event was kind of good for me. But I definitely didn’t liked the new matching system. I think that the last TF will be very hard to be acquired for the most experienced players, if they don’t change this.

ED209
    @ed209

Only other option is to wait till the next event when the tf is in you need and as others will already have him by the first event or buying him there will be a less of a demand in the second event which may make it easier.

My plan is to play the event as normal and seeing what tokens I can get. If im not too far away (bet he will cost 6000 tokens like prime) I may just use gems to top up which I have been getting for free from missions and daily quests so still would not have cost me any real money. Still haven’t spent a penny on this game and never will

Deszaras
    @deszaras

I used Soundwave most of the event because it was blocks unless Bludegeon had a bonus. I wish i had got esplosive rounds in one of the past events. I think they have nerfed Galvatron, Prowl and Bluestreak. Their shot speed was a pain before, but i think it’s fotten worse. Soundwave isnt too bad with all his accessories. Acidstorm was great for a while against anything, even Unicron. He got nerfed somewhere along the way. Boss Pig is way overpowered. Bludgeon and the Grimlocks are good against them. It’s too bad you never know what the run while be like so you plan ahead.

Phillips
    @phillips

@jimmy-necessary Use Grey Slam Grimlock or Goldbite Grimlock. As they have a slower walking speed then Energon Grimlock so they have more time/opportunities to attack Boss Pig and Unicron so I normally am able to defeat both with them.

I’m not happy that I was able to earn enough gems in order to compensate for the insufficient amount of tokens that I needed to unlock Starscream. I don’t intend to let that happen again with unlocking Acid Storm in the new special event that is now live.

@phillips
    I have used the other versions of Grimlock against Unicron Pig and the Boss Pig, but their weapons are not as strong and as powerful as Energon Grimlock’s weapon, so I only use them as backups when the special events permit it for the bonus points.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Bludgeon and Brawl Event

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.