Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • Replies
  • Bubbley
    @bubbley

@tigerussell thanks for the encouragement. I don’t have any problems playing although I do feel a little outclassed since the adjustments. Although I don’t actually believe all the stats they show. I know my birds strength and I have a few level 45 set items so I am sure they are not necessarily correct. In fact sometimes my own stats show as 1038 or some such nonsense.

The blazing set is diamond 45 so it’s my most powerful. I have a diamond head platinum flag for mighty wings which I use occasionally. I played all last season until diamond league with the sinister set which I love. The I got the blessed set which I have routinely used until now but it’s level 41. I like it because it gives a buffer if you lose the toss and it helps if you have to play chuck. But I fancy some extra punch. We will see what happens.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

I don’t think your league determines your opponents. I just reached Diamond this week, and I’m still battling low level opponents with wooden banners. I’ve accepted that coin tosses are not fair and stopped complaining about it because I have never won a coin toss since the v1.2.7 update.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@whiteasice — At one time your league may have determined your opponents in the draw but I no longer think it does. I believe you are now handicapped to a certain level based on your own level, general equipment, Banner Items, and your past performance in the arena. The stronger you are in all these categories determines who you are matched up against. My opponents generally seem tailored to knock me out, trying to force me to spend LC I guess. I am still getting the best of them, but the three star scores come much harder now than ever before. Hoping for a few 45 diamond set items this week in the rainbow riot to even things back up.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Woohoo!!!! I played and beat myself in an arena match!!!! Even got 3 stars to boot.

angryde
    @angryde

I must be the only player who is finding Season-II easier than Season-I. Perhaps my micro-brain finally grasped the intricacies of Arena tactics!

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Actually season 2 has been easier for me as I have level 45 weapon sets and diamond banner set/emblems that I’ve attained at level 45. In the past two weeks I’ve only lost 6 battles total.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I think it’s easier because there are less cheaters to deal with.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

I have 45/10 birds. I began my second week in Platinum yesterday. The first opponent had zero set weapons and was an easy victory. The second was the same way so I started counting them. I got 15 teams in a row like this, completed my objectives and moved from #15 to #2 on the board. This is when I started facing only completely decked out opponents with matched weapon sets. I read in another thread that you start getting harder teams when you reach the top 3. I can confirm this. Today I continued getting the high level teams every time. Playing Mccool did not help even repeating it several times before each battle. I ended up just playing who they offered me and did okay. I made to # 1 for a few minutes.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

HeyMacArena!!!! Yesterday I had a respectable 13k points yesterday and this morning I was in 3 behind 2 different players with 20k and 18k respectively. As I began to grind today the 2nd place bird did as well, prior to beginning today’s objective we both were at 28k. I notice he jumped several times and now I wonder if he advanced his clock to play before he went to bed. None the less I’ve completed my objectives/ground for additional point and currently have 40k points. I still have all 3 lives and will grind for more tomorrow if needed.

angryde
    @angryde

@dallasreds My first few opponents of the day almost always tend to be substantially underpowered. I try and bundle as many of the daily objectives into those ‘sitting duck’ battles as I can… oh, and I can confirm, that the same trend occurs in the diamond league.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I’m almost certain that your leaderboard position has an effect on your chosen arena opponents. Also your power rating has an effect as well. That’s why I too try to complete the most difficult daily objectives first. One strategy you might try, (I haven’t tried this yet) is to switch to a lower power rated team before entering the arena. Theoretically, you might get matched with slightly weaker opponents. Also, watch for computer generated opponents (aka Unnamed Player) as they’re actually much weaker than their power rating would suggest. Don’t be afraid to adjust your team and/or banner to weaken your opponent’s strengths and exploit their weaknesses.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@neomerlinmagic
    It was so strange to see 15 teams in a row without weapons sets. The teams using offhand weapons get your attention very quickly. The battles were all massacres and I had so much fun I ran through them quickly hoping they would keep coming. The power ratings for my team with matched sets and their offhand items were all in the 800-900 range but I knew that the other teams did not have a chance. This make me doubt the power ratings. I also was using my best banner items but NO matched sets. This set of weak teams happened once before 2 weeks ago but in the middle of the week? This time it was the first 15 battles and it took several minutes for Epic to pick the next team. Waiting for the battle button to stop spinning was almost unbearable! Glad other people are getting this gift. Continued good luck to everyone.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@neomerlinmagic I think you may be right. I like to run from the front so I usually hold first or second place. Since my mother has been staying I haven’t been able to tackle my objectives until the next morning so I have been lower placed. The opponents have definitely been less powerful until I climb up again.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

We had a tight battle until this morning (I started with 40,320). Due to the place where I work not having electricity, phone, or internet I’m working from home (tech support) which has given me some time to grind. I’m currently in 1st with 48,225, 2nd is at 39,500, 3rd is at 36,455, and 4th is at 19,225.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

After daily reset, I’m around 6-10th place. After completing a daily or two, I shoot up to 2-4th place, and opponents all of a sudden have only over 900 power.

angryde
    @angryde

Just a question, y’all, and sorry if this has been asked/answered here or elsewhere, but what is the maximum – or your maximum – arena score? (n.b. for a single arena battle) The highest I’ve ever received was 57000. It just made me wonder what’s possible and/or achievable…?

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@angryde 61000 is the max.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@angryde Here’s the breakdown, if you’re interested. 30,000 for your banner at full health, 15,000 for the enemy banner and 16,000 for knocking out 8 enemy birds (enemy birds beyond the first 8 do not add points).

angryde
    @angryde

@tigerussell @neomerlinmagic Thanks guys! Had no idea; but was suddenly curious! Makes sense now I see it broken down!

Brad
    @brad81483

I noticed the same thing, exactly the way you said it. I almost made it to gold this week. Never gotten higher than silver. I play this game everyday. Most of my birds are level 7-8. How do all of these people have all level 10 birds? I’m still missing two classes, and I have all 966 stars in the regular game.

angryde
    @angryde

@brad81483 Well, I can only speak for myself… but I’ve reached 45/10 (ALL) by playing the game consistently since its launch. I’ve never spent any LCs on mastery (or its pre-update equivalent). I did a great deal of mastery/snoutling auto-grinding at SRC and used the accumulated snoutlings to buy mastery at Mighty Eagle’s Dojo a few times a day… oh, and I don’t have Paladin, Thunderbird, Bard, Sea Dog or Skulkers… I never purchased them; never saw the need, to be honest.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

You would have missed out on the 3,000 point diamond league objective I had yesterday because you had to win 5 games using the thunderbird and cleric classes.

Baconizer
    @korath88

What I have noticed is that the first few opponents I get each day are usually around my strength, and after beating those, the only opponents I get are those 800+ powered guys with mastery 10 birds. Thus, my main strategy is to obtain my daily objectives within the first few battles, especially those that require specific bird combos to achieve.

I decided to try what I did during the first season, which was to collect my reward a few days late, which results in an uncompetitive leaderboard. Well, guess what? It still works.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

@brad81483 You stated “I have all 966 stars in the regular game”. What is you locale? iOS or Android?

I have 3 stars on every flag on the main board and all 15 caves and my total is 963. I wonder why there’s a 3 star difference.

Baconizer
    @korath88

@londojowo
    The number of stars for both devices is the same. Did you miss a level, such as the one in the whirlpool?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.