Arena Season 6

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 6

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 718 total)
  • Replies
  • roviobeni
    @roviobeni

@graugeist @datguygamer @roviohuzz

… and there were indeed some changes made already today (that was pretty fast ;))

Today’s update has:

– EASTER MINI-CAMPAIGN – The eggs are everywhere!
    – ELITE CLASSES – Unlock epic upgrades for your favorite classes!
    – EVENT SYSTEM UPDATE – Enjoy a bunch of new event types and rewards!

We appreciate your feedback about the changes :)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@roviobeni Love this game.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kerravon Ah, so the father and son duo team. Great, play along then. :D

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@roviobeni – Thanks! Appreciate it.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

Everyone is Season 6 has some big competiton, but I don’t. Everybody below 2nd has 0 points and I am in 1st with 6045 points, 2nd has 5625 points. Anyone of those people with 0 points could just earn ONE point and be promoted. That’s what I call a dead board. If you’re grinding 6000 points a day(or even 1000), and you’re stTil not getting promoted, too d bad.People who have 0 on my board could just grind ONE point and stone league for them

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@graugeist

How many shards have you one the wheel in arena ? The picture comes back but with any number for me.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I’m currently in Silver, so it should be 4 (Gold = 6).

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

@graugeist- is there any trick that you use to get a hard board. Even though I am in Wood league 6K for 1st place sounds low. I’ve heard that people just start the league early

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I don’t know if it’s a trick, but me starting the new league within seconds of the old one closing got me the hardest board I’ve ever faced.

Pointless
    @pointless

Well, got a cheater this week. Went from less than 15K and 10th to over 67K and 1st in a few hours…definitely getting smarter, not seeing those absurd, obvious, high scores anymore. I am now second with almost 50K, so on the surface doesn’t look too out of place.
    Luckily, ever since the last cheater I encountered, I have been taking regular screen shots during the week, so the proof is there, and already sent in to Rovio…now to see if anything happens as a result in the next few days…

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

@pointless- sending tickets to rovio will not do anything. Rovio will do nothing but reset their score and they can just come back up again by cheating again. If somewone is cheating in the Arena, rovio should kick them out of Arena for the rest of the week…or even the rest of the season.

Pointless
    @pointless

I have had opposite experiences with Rovio Support in the past regarding Arena cheaters. I have had nothing happen at all, watched the cheater finish first at the end of the week, and only received a “how did we do?” follow up email from Rovio (like they’d really want me to answer that…)
    I have also had two cheaters ahead of me wiped at the end of the week, allowing us honest grinders to advance.
    So still holding out for some positive resolution this week…

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@graugeist, @pointless, @mvnla2

Were you able to verify ?
    I am in golden league and on the wheel I have only the image of the shards, no figure 6 with.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

No number on mine, either. Just assuming that the number holds from before. We’ll both find out in a couple days.
    ____

All good, I’m finishing in 1st place for a guaranteed promotion to Gold, despite a poor last place start from being crashed out twice on Day 1.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@graugeist

And the shards ? Good values ?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Oh, I got the 4 shards for Silver, as expected.

Sailus
    @sailus

@pointless i think people in my league think im a cheater. I was 4k in front of 2nd and then like 15mins to missions start over i did them. So i stayed 9,5k in front of them. Then i did the new missions(15mins ago) and im now 15k in front of 2nd. plus the pts from the fights. So around 16k. And probably they called me a cheater and took printscrrens because i went from 20k to 36k in 20minn. But i do have a cheater in here. He went from 13k to 35k in the same time. I know 16k is a lot but 22k its impossible.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@sailus are you saying you have had 3 sets of objectives? 4K in front having completed one set then 9.5k after completing 2 then another set to take you 15k in front?

Sailus
    @sailus

@bubbley i saved the missions to do them few minutes before they ran out. I was in 1st place and i was playing in the arena without making the missions till i got 4k ahead of 2nd. Made the missions (5,5k) just about when they were running out. Then made the new ones. (more 5,5k) But even doing this strategy Someone from down the list made like 30k in the same time i made 12k. Im 2nd now 10k from 3th 5k from 1st. How did he made it i dont know but did that in 15mins then stopped.

Pointless
    @pointless

Those of us that have played Arena regularly since its inception have figured out the tricks and strategies in bracket management (the one you describe @sailus is a common one in an attempt to lull opponents into a false sense ot security). This is not, obviously, cheating.
    What gets me is (as does Rovio’s lack of ability in dealing with) the blatant cheaters. I don’t see the millions of points being posted anymore as this is far too obvious to ignore, but last week I had a player go from ~7K to over 65K in an hour. Obvious to me and everyone else in my board, but at a quick glance, nothing necessarily seems suspicious to Rovio, as these scores are obtainable throughout the week with diligent grinding.
    At least I advanced in second place, but feel sorry for fourth…

Sailus
    @sailus

@pointless i got 2 in mine now :S from 18k to 58k in less then 30mins.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Fortunately, my bracket is cheater-free, as far as I can tell.

What slays me is how dumb some of these cheaters are, and why Rovio can’t automatically check for big jumps in scores.

Pointless
    @pointless

Although it makes me cringe to even fall slightly on their side, are the cheaters really that dumb if they are continually getting away with it? Shame is on Rovio, really.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@sailus unfortunately the cheats have become very clever. I have been playing the Arena from the beginning and still come across the same cheats. If I recognise them I take regular screen shots in the hope I catch the jump. I haven’t had a week free of cheats this season. I have one this week but I can’t remember whether this was an objective manipulator or a score fiddler. So I watch. Rovio sometimes zero their score but not always. They definitely do not remove them from the game. How could they in any case?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

A theory of mine (which I have no evidence for) is that the cheaters that gets 0-scored at the end of the week doesn’t actually get a score of 0, it just looks like that for everyone else in the same board. The cheaters still get promoted to the next league but so does the top 3 non-cheaters on the same board.

My theory is that Rovio have made it like that to not loose any players for being “moderated” and so they will still get money from those cheating players when they watch ads (no way they would actually buy anything in the game for real money). The big issue with this for us non-cheaters is that the cheaters will not actually be punished and will keep on cheating without any real consequence from it.

Again, it is just an unsupported theory of mine.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 6

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 718 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.