Arena Season 6

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 6

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 718 total)
  • Replies
  • Chun
    @chuntsen

@abcdefg, @graugeist, perhaps I could give some insights into the perspective of a new player. i’m level 16 with birds that are rank 2, 3, 4.

When I was level 5/6, I battled in arena and got matched against someone who was able to one-hit my birds with a critical hit, while I was doing like 20% damage in one hit. I never went back into arena since then.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kerravon Curious questions:
    1. Why would you even maintain two profiles? What’s the point?
    2. Why not use the Level 50 profile where you can get stuff easily because of how powerful you are?

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

@chunsten- I have seen the perspective of a new perspective in the Treasure Hunter event thread

@kerravon
    @daytugamer Interesting to see that perspective of high mastery ranks with low bird levels. When you get to lvl 50, you’ll probably have a 1500+ team for the arena.I don’t want to spend $$ on the game so I am just going to use my arena award(usually 1000 snoutlings) at the Dojo. Also the Elite Knight event will probably get me some more mastery. I am aiming for at least 10 FE before the event. If I win 1000 snoutlings in the arena every week, then I can count on getting 5K Mastery a week total. If I can get 6K Mastery for all Samarai will be Rank 7. My First Rank 7. There are probably many other classes that will rank up too.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

@chunsten- I have seen the perspective of a new perspective in the Treasure Hunter event thread

@kerravon
    @daytugamer Interesting to see that perspective of high mastery ranks with low bird levels. When you get to lvl 50, you’ll probably have a 1500+ team for the arena.I don’t want to spend $$ on the game so I am just going to use my arena award(usually 1000 snoutlings) at the Dojo. Also the Elite Knight event will probably get me some more mastery. I am aiming for at least 10 FE before the event. If I win 1000 snoutlings in the arena every week, then I can count on getting 5K Mastery a week total. If I can get 6K Mastery for all Samarai will be Rank 7. My First Rank 7. There are probably many other classes that will rank up too.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

and @chunsten have you deafeated Demonic Wizpig yet? If you haven’t I will give you you a strategy. Use Samarai, Druid, and Tricksters for the battle. If you want to know more about doing it watch the walkthroughs. Once you have finished that battle, your birds will not be strong enough to go into the Caves so go around 3 staring battles until your birds are about level 18. At level 18, Mastery 4 go into the caves and your birds will probably be strong enough to go into the caves. If not continue three staring battles until you can go into the caves.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@abcdefg Well I have my reasons to stay in the lower XP levels.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

right now I am trying to farm on potions. Found a gr8 place to get seeds. Golden Fields-3 is good since it takes less than 1 min on autoplay with level 30. I assume the lvl 50s can do it in 0.5 min.

@daytugamer- you’re not exactly a low level player, you’re at lvl 40 which is 10 lvls below max level. Good that I’m not max level since the competition is unbalenced at max level.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@datguygamer, @roviobeni, @roviohuzz – it would be a HUGE mistake for Rovio to make Shards available as a slot in the Caves, especially if replacing the blueprint. Most players can easily autoplay Cave 1.1 3-Wave battle for unlimited Shards.

Bosses (Cave or Castle) are all trivially easy if you have TH and Lightning Bird, and they’re only 1 wave, so giving Shards for those would also be a bad idea.

Rovio should be less stingy about the Calendar Shards. 1-2-3-4 or 2-4-6-8 would make more sense than 2-2-2-2, given how every other item increases week-by-week.

Having Shards on the Arena wheel makes sense, and they should replace Mastery for Events where players have all their birds mastered. If you look at in-game conversion rates, assuming 3 classes x 4-5 birds
    – 1500 Mastery for ALL Classes = 4,500 Mastery = 630 Snouts = 40 LCs = 10 Shards
    – 1500 Mastery for ALL Birds = 20,000 Mastery = 3k Snouts = 200 LCs = 50 Shards
    That would be a more balanced payout for the effort associated with a Mastery event.

But making Shards directly farmable in Caves or Castles? That would destroy the Shard economy, and mean everybody would have ALL E10 equipment within days.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@abcdefg – competition is pretty balanced for 50/12. Everybody has the same Birds. Banners are all Valiant, Enchanted to 24k, a 6/6 or 4/4 Time Jump, with teams rated 1300-1500. Games can often come down to who gets the coin flip, and who gets better Time Jumps.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

ok @graugeist, but people are always complaning about mana shell and stuff. I am leading my board at 6,045 points currently. 2nd has 5,625 points currently. Look these scores are kind of low. I know that on a 50/12 board 6K points would mean getting demoted, but I am in the wood league at 30/5 so not much competition. I lose 1 out of every 20 battles due to Mana shell or overpowered teams. My power rating is 400 and most teams are 350-500. I have to reset opponents with Piggy sometimes even at my level when I come across teams about 50 to 100 points better than me

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@graugeist Replacing Mastery with Shards won’t work as then they would have to individually gather the info from the servers as to who has Max Mastery and who doesn’t. That’s too much work and that would mean players all over the world would have different rewards and for someone who gets shards from the wheel will have an unfair advantage over ones who doesn’t have max Mastery. If there has to be shards, then it will be for all and even then it would mean losing mastery; so pick your poison.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

@datguygamer but Rovio does that already. If you have max mastery for a bird you get snoutlings instead of mastery. Just replace the snoutlings with shards, bam! done. It’s not server communication it’s just “If Red Classes Mastery not equal 12, show Mastery +1500 else show Snoutlings +500”

I’m coming back to this game after a month hiatus and thankfully (regrettably) notice it’s still the same… I’ve been in the same position as @pointless and that i can’t lose a match if i’m halfway paying attention, so this season will just be another grindfest.

Increased Shards on the weekly calendar is a good idea. Giving shards on the cave wheel would just make Rovio release some other resource/consumable to try to get us to spend money. It’s a F2P game, there’s got to be something we either sink time, luck or money into to get ahead or else Rovio does not make any money. Arena/Shards are their current way of getting money and that’s what they’ll be supporting. Wish they’d see that some of us would be glad to fork out some cash/LCs for some new PVE content (maybe the island where those mechanical pigs came from?)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@abcdefg – FWIW, I didn’t really bother playing Arena at all until late Season 2, and didn’t get serious until partway into Season 3. You are correct that good Set gear makes a big difference.
    ____

@datguygamer
    – Rovio already switches Bird mastery to snouts for event wheels. If there were an +Mastery event tomorrow, my entire wheel would be snouts that I don’t need, whereas you would get Mastery that you can actually use. If you don’t like that all-M12 players would get usable Shards replacing Mastery that they don’t need, then you need to up your game and up your bird Mastery.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jadedbacon @graugeist Actually the codes represent the server side as this game is online. Whatever we do is monitored by online activity (especially since most of us connected via a Rovio, Google Play or Game center accounts). So my statement isn’t entirely false.

As for the idea itself, again, that would pit players without max mastery at an unfair disadvantage over players who have. See, Snoutlings are something you wouldn’t actively go out of your way to spend unless needed when you have max mastery for all classes. But shards are even more valuable than that as they are needed for that extra oomph for your Set Items and you would use them for something. Thus if players like us always get shards from the wheel, players who don’t have max mastery will be blown over easily (especially in the Arena). I do want more shards but having them over others who can’t (yet) simply because they don’t have another prerequisite fulfilled seems unfair to me.

I do like the idea of increasing shards in the arena wheel and calendar though.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

@datguygamer I understand what you’re saying regarding making the power difference between Max MLvls and non Max MLvls even bigger if you supplied a large amount of shards in the event wheel. The thing is though, the event wheel is meant to give you a boost of some sort. Max MLvl players don’t need snoutlings for the most part. We’ve maxed MLvls so there’s not much to spend snoutlings on. (Rovio, if you’re reading this, please don’t add some arbitrary goal that needs a huge amount of snoutlings, the grinding in this game is already too high)

Maxx MLvl players want the event wheel to have something to motivate us to go for 3 stars. During the TH event I was 15th place because I just didn’t care, there was nothing appealing for going for one of the top 3 spots. Worst, if I did go for the top 3 and got nothing but snoutlings, i’d be denying another player who COULD make use of the mastery and that’s just a jerk move, so maybe that’s the reason Rovio is putting snoutlings for Max MLvl players.

If Rovio did put shards in the event wheel, i’d imagine it would be a pretty small amount. Enough to tempt us to pay LCs to buy more. 1-2 per slot, with maybe the “big prize” being 5? You’d get 9 max at 3 stars, which is barely anything when it comes to enchanting. You need 55 to max enchant something, 9 every couple months is a drop in the bucket.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@datguygamer – First off, max Mastery represents a MASSIVE time (or money) investment. Go ahead and go back through the Mastery thread, and see how long it took me to max out, once I got serious about leveling Birds. Players should be rewarded for that, because it is not particularly valuable when M12 is no better than M8/M9 with enchanted weapons.

Second, you fail to understand just how worthless snouts are. Let’s say I 3-star the event. I can get 1500 snouts. For hours of play, I get snouts that I can farm in around 15 minutes? Whereas you got Mastery that would take you several times more hours of grinding? And you think that’s “fair”? No, it’s not. If the prize is just snouts, I have basically no interest in playing an event.

Third, if you’re in Arena, you’re not competing with me and the other 50/12s that we face all day long. If you’re not constantly seeing teams rated 1300+, you’re still in the kiddie pool. And the deep end is around 1550…
    ____

9 shards is nothing. We have 5x 4x Weapon pairs + 7x Banner pairs = 54+ items. It would take roughly 3,000 Shards to Enchant everything to 10. Oh, but you just need the one “good” set? That’s only 8 pieces = 440 Shards… Pitiful.

Pointless
    @pointless

Well put @graugeist I couldn’t agree more

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@graugeist

Totally all right. It is necessary to find a new way to satisfy the perfectionists who want all the legendary items enchanted at the level 10, in return of their time invested in the game.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

@grummjow @pointless @graugeist I understand your point about having shards for high level players. They should add shards to replace Mastery. By the time all of red’s classes events are over I will probably have a 40/10 team(at the most). Mabye by the time Red and Chuck’s events are over, I will be 50/12 and if there are shards I can enchant many items. Also non-set items for the banners can be enchanted using snoutlings, but for 50/12 people non-set items are completly useless. Also, try putting that in the suggestions thread.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

None of us need snouts to enchant non-Set banners that we don’t use, either. Emblems are not a big expense at our level.

Pointless
    @pointless

The thing is, Rovio has had plenty of opportunity to replace the meaningless Snouts on Event reward wheel for us at 50/12 to something meaningful, whether that be LCs or now Shards. They have chosen not to, as I guess they think we are already invested enough in the game that we will pay RW$ to continue to compete. Really feels like a slap in the face for those of us who have supported this game from the beginning.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@graugeist I never once mentioned that the Snoutlings were important for maxed players. In fact, that’s specifically why I said you won’t go out of your way to spend them as they are so insignificant. But for new players they are.

On the other hand, I’ve been fighting against 1400+ ranked battles since my Wood league and honestly I don’t have that much trouble with them considering I am 40/12 with a maxed out Valiant myself. I can’t say much about 1500+ teams but we’ll see what happens next. What’s your arena name? I’d like to fight against your team and know it’s you.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@datguygamer I did say that I don’t use my lvl 50 team in the arena. When the arena started, my birds did not have a high enough mastery level and I was missing a lot of the set items. The first couple seasons were difficult at the high levels. There was lots of competition and there were so many cheaters.

My son just happened to have a newish game going at the time that I tried in the arena. He happened to have a single set item that helped a lot. It was a whole lot more fun playing in the arena at the lower level. I also started collecting set item data with another forum member. So I slowly built up my team and collected set items. The key for the arena was to gain mastery and collect up to date set items, while only slowly advancing exp levels. And I stuck with this team in the arena.

My lvl 50 team, I just complete the caves and play the events.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@graugeist @pointless Well you guys should be happy now. Rovio added Shards in the events via a calendar system through a method called “Arena Bounty”.

roviobeni
    @roviobeni

@graugeist @datguygamer @roviohuzz
    Hi there,

This is definitely a subject that has been discussed by the developers and will be discussed more when I take your feedback forward. I’ll notify the Epic team about your comment and I’m sure they will take it seriously. Of course we can’t promise that we’ll find a solution that everyones happy with, right away, but it’s good to put this on the table.

Thanks! Talk to you again soon!

-Beni

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 6

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 718 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.