Arena Mechanics

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Mechanics

• Some general questions about PvP, hope you all can help!

– I rarely fight bird teams of people in my own league / on my own leaderboard. Any idea how matchups are determined? I would assume something like “all lvl 50 players currently in gold leagues” or something along those lines, but yesterday I “battled” two teams with level 1 birds!

– How does the AI determine which bird classes, weapons, and off-hand items are selected for opposing bird teams?

– How does the GPM decide what level banner parts it spits out? Arena Season 4 was my first. I started playing Epic in the middle of Season 4, and made it to Platinum before the season ended. In season 5, some of my tops/banners/emblems have been rolled with wood/stone/silver/gold symbols, but lately it’s been all platinum, even though I haven’t advanced that far this season. Wondering if this is some sort of bug? I know there’s a bug with the number of stars (which started with the Christmas Event update), so maybe the symbols are a related issue?

– Has anyone seen enchantment shards as a possible prize on the league wheel yet?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@poptimus — I am no longer playing the Epic Arena. You might look through the “Arena Season 5” thread.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

– I rarely fight bird teams of people in my own league / on my own leaderboard. Any idea how matchups are determined? I would assume something like “all lvl 50 players currently in gold leagues” or something along those lines, but yesterday I “battled” two teams with level 1 birds!

You usually do not fight the same people that are in your own leaderboard, only other people that play arena. You are usually matched against other teams that are close to your own powerlevel, however sometimes you will get a battle against either easier or harder opponents.

– How does the AI determine which bird classes, weapons, and off-hand items are selected for opposing bird teams?

That are determined by what that player used last in the arena, the game “records” the information and then use it in the battle against you.

– How does the GPM decide what level banner parts it spits out? Arena Season 4 was my first. I started playing Epic in the middle of Season 4, and made it to Platinum before the season ended. In season 5, some of my tops/banners/emblems have been rolled with wood/stone/silver/gold symbols, but lately it’s been all platinum, even though I haven’t advanced that far this season. Wondering if this is some sort of bug? I know there’s a bug with the number of stars (which started with the Christmas Event update), so maybe the symbols are a related issue?

The strength of the items are determined by what level in the arena you got to in the last League or if you are currently in a higher level it uses that instead.

– Has anyone seen enchantment shards as a possible prize on the league wheel yet?

No, that will not happen until a future update (but it WILL come). Maybe in the January update.

Anonymous

@angryjohnny
    Thanks for the info! I feel like my arena GPM was spitting out lower level items, but I’m probably just misremembering.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Mechanics

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.