Anyone buying those "packages"?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Anyone buying those "packages"?

• Does anyone purchase those special “packages” that pop up every now and again? Like $1 for 500 gems, 250 pearls, 1 chest? Never seems worth it to me. Can’t imagine buying those $20 packages.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
  • Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

Not I, @angrysmurf; a couple of my Clan members from Canada noticed their packages had different costs ($69 v $83) which raises some interesting questions.

BACON BUSTER
    @baconbuster21

That is because money in different places is worth different amounts but no I have never spent any money on the game

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

True, @baconbuster2, but not in the same country. ;D

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

I haven’t paid yet either, buf I was pretty tempted by their latest offer (for winning the KPP, even though I couldn’t get past the Daily Challenge today!): 99 cents for 250 gems (not 500 as @angrysmurf said, so once again, variation in offers), 100 beans, 500 blue and 500 white feathers, 50 black pearls, and 1 rare chest. Looks like a pretty good deal when compared to the pricier packages offered in the Daily Quest and occasionally after a win, but feels like a gateway drug:

“Hey kid, try this!” :p

Dezsike
    @dezsike

@inigomontoya I did buy that one – it popped up after winning DC. Since that was my first ever purchase I immediately unlocked the first 2 bonus tiers and all game interrupting ads are gone, only the optional video offers are still there. So it worth it. I tought I’ll buy it once again to unlock tier 3 and then stop spending but that offer no longer pops up… All the others do but they are way too overpriced… So I keep that dollar for myself :)

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

Thanks for the info, @dezsike; what are these bonus tiers you speak of?

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

@inigomontoya: whenever you purchase something you earn those “bonus coins”, that give you a sample of stuff (feathers, pearls, gems, spells…) for “free”. When you tab your gems and open the shops, there’s a second panel to the left that says bonus. There you can see your bonus coins and your tier.

Hecate
    @hecate

What?!? Only 1$?!? I only get packages at cost at least 21€ (after winning DC) or 56€ (after a winning streak at the arena) Sure you get more fetahers for that price but still not worth it. I´m sure more user would be tempted to buy these  packages if they would make them much cheaper (and with this they would make more money, instead of waiting for someone who buys one expensive package). Would definitely buy some for 1€.

Dezsike
    @dezsike

Prices are depending on your region… In Europe prices are usually higher due to VAT but it shouldn’t be that expensive… This is fewer than 1$Good offer

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

Thanks, @dezsike; that’s exactly what I’d been offered (and apparently for a similar price.) They call the 100 ‘coins’ Beans in the American version.

Hecate
    @hecate

What about the clan chests? Now I wonder if there are differences as well. I would have to pay

20€ / 50€ and 100€

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

Same in US Dollars, @Hecate

Hecate
    @hecate

That´s what you get for 22€. Hardly worth the money

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

Getting the same here, but seems too much money for what you get.

Here in the UK there is, if I recall correctly, some King Popper Pack (???) for £50, and some other pack for £20 ish pops up now and then.

Last 2 months however I had taken up the daily gem letter thing, which gives a decent amount of gems over the month compared to the other sets (which I’ve never purchased). £10.99 for the month is afforable, and I think works out very well per gem.

Clan Chests showing as £19.99, £48.99 and £99.99 – crazy money.

If you are fortunate enough to have the disposable income to purchase the various packs and get the bonuses then it gives you an advantage of course. Lots of feathers and extra to be had.

If I did get anything like a 1$ offer for 500 gems, 250 BP and a chest that doesn’t sound bad! But, I’ve never seen it.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

This was the 32.99 in Canadian dollars; I don’t have a screenshot of the .99 deal cause it only comes over rarely after certain events are completed.

Hecate
    @hecate

That´s after finishing the legendary league. Normal league is less feathers/tickets  but same price.

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

These are always stoopid expensive in my offers as well.

Angry Turd
    @puffs

I do buy them. I bought the King Sling pack for $49.99 today as:

1. Chuck was within 6K of leveling up

2. Terence was within 6K of leveling up

3. Bomb is behind in feathers

Moreover, I do not mind supporting Rovio from time to time.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

@puffs Sounds like a reasonable investment to level up Chuck & Terence and bring Bomb more in line, especially in the midst of a CvC Battle; I still pick up pointers from your posts and am glad to see you enjoying the fruits of your top 10 Clan, comrade!

Apprentice
    @apprentice

Hello!

My advice to you is that do not spend the money! Play the game and everything  comes back to you…

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Anyone buying those "packages"?

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.