Angry Birds Star Wars II – Unlimited Carbonite Rewards

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Star Wars II – Unlimited Carbonite Rewards

• Whenever the eight hours of melting is up, I claim the carbonite reward. It goes into my collection, then before it gives me the option to “melt now” or “start melting” I close down the program on my iphone. I then restart the game. As soon as it opens, it already has another carbonite reward to claim. I have done this 100 times in a row now and it keeps working.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Replies
  • Uncle B
    @uncle-b

The Carbonite Reward feature is new to us PC users having only recently been added in the last update so I’m not very familiar with it and have only received a couple to date. Is the awarded Carbonite Reward character always random or does there appear to be a cycle of characters that is repeated?

Gelfling
    @gelfling

I had this happen to me. I play in android on my phone. When I installed new launcher software there was a bug. I had two launcher programs running — I was testing them, trying to figure out which one I want to keep. I will leave out details. But with the interaction between the two programs and bugs in one of the programs I was able to continually get Carbonite rewards with a certain amount of tedious work on my part.

That was kind of fun for 10 melts and then got old quickly. What I realized is that I was getting the very first melt — the one before you watch ads and so forth, so only relatively useless characters. After getting thoroughly bored, I installed one launcher software correctly and the behavior stopped. It just wasn’t worth the time.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@abkilljoy – This bug is still there.

@Uncle-B
    . You probably want to check out the discussion at AB Star Wars 2 : Carbonite . We have been discussing Carbonite melts for some time over there.

The quality and randomness of characters in Carbonite melts has varied over the time that I’ve watched it (from the beginning). At the moment the melts are particularly worthwhile, probably because of the number of characters required to play Mastering Your Destiny.

Playing with this bug this morning, it looks like on the first melt, before ads, there continue to be one character per melt, still predominately birds, but stronger characters and occasionally a real jackpot (e.g. 5 Lando). Not remotely a random sample, but a higher N. The number and usually quality of characters you get after watching ads, i.e. on the second and third etc. melts, continue to be higher in number and quality, although that has improved too after Mastery.

In other news today, there is a heat wave in the Pacific Northwest and still war and famine in the world. Sometimes the scientist in me can’t help but make exacting observations, but in other, more sane times, I have trouble taking this remotely seriously. And if Rovio is listening, if I ever went to movies I would actually think about watching that Disney movie about firefighting cars, although I do watch the ad with the volume turned off. You have to keep an eye on the ad or you don’t know what you got from the melt.

More than enough said, as usual. Agh, for the gift of brevity and conciseness.

Uncle B
    @uncle-b

Thank You for the “heads-up” regarding the Carbonite Rewards discussion @Gelfling.
    I’ve been distracted this past week from AngryBirdsNest activities attending to some work deadlines. Pretty sure I’m not the first Nester nor probably the last, to be annoyed how work can tend to interfere with Angry Birds ~ LOL !!!

All the Best ~ Uncle B

Gelfling
    @gelfling

:))

Then you retire and resent the fact that Angry Birds is taking too big of a bite of your “golden years.” If you missed out this week, then you missed the amazing electronic streak which was everybody finished mastery of destiny within 24 hours. I think I’m in the wrong place. :-)

justpast40
    @justpast40

Does anyone know if it’s possible to do this with or on an iPad?

I’ve noticed some members whose platform is listed as iPad have album pics showing 999+ Bird & 999+ Pork characters. I realize it’s possible to spend countless $$$$, but what makes more sense is the use of this tactic.

When I first read this post by @abkilljoy, I wondered whether it was “ok” to earn more characters this way. As I thought about it, I concluded that while it may not have been Rovio’s intention, it is Rovio’s software design. They released the software & we’re just using it as they approved the design.

wicket182
    @wicket182

Yes, it works for iPad. However, you should be cautious, it is very addictive. Sort of like playing the lottery or slots in Vegas. You get mostly crap characters (youngling, jar jar, jabba and droids) but sometimes it throws in a Vader or Yoda. You find yourself having to do it one more time in hopes of something good. It becomes very obvious that the character selection is not random.

wicket182
    @wicket182

I forgot to @mention @justpast40 in my response. sorry

justpast40
    @justpast40

@wicket182, thanks for your reply. I’ve tried it on my iPad, but I’m doing something wrong, maybe I’m not “closing” the program properly. Can you please describe how it’s done? What I’ve tried is twice hitting the Home button & swiping the app up to close. I’m doing this as soon as I hit “Claim.” I’ve also tried powering the iPad off. With either of these, as soon as I open the app the Carbointe starts to spin & then drops.

I’m able to do it on Android phones with no problem and while I agree most characters are junk, I’ve gotten Darth Vaders, Tusken Raiders, Boba Fetts and enough Hologram Darth Sidious to open the reward level; it seems to runneth over with Shadowtroopers and Jedis Luke or is that Jedi Lukes, but I’ve also had some Yodas & a lot of Kit Fisto.

vintage
    @vintage

Glad I found this thread and thanks for info on the “bug.” But the bug has a bug …. after opening/closing the program a dozen times (when the rewards were just getting juicy), the next time I opened, I was greeted with “You Are Signed in as Guest” (rather than my login name) with no Carbonite melt nor Swap Characters at all. (And Zero Coins).

Closed the program again and reopened … it recognized my true identity this time ;) but I was back to getting lesser-ability “rewards” when I claimed the Carbonite.

This happened a couple more times.

Well, guess I’ll pursue it when I have a lot of time to kill …. like sitting in the dentist’s waiting room or something.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

I entered Carbonite nirvana today, 5 tusken raiders in my 2nd melt. I documented this rare sighting for those of us, like me, who doubted that it existed.

muffincake
    @muffincake

@gelfling: I received 5 Princess Leia yesterday, the last missing character. Nirvana indeed.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@muffincake – Yea for you! They don’t give out Leia or Padme very often.

It feels to me like spotting a rare bird that you’ve heard about but never seen. The rarest bird for me is Hologram Darth Sidious – had to buy him, never got him in a melt. In contrast, I got 30 of a different hologram character, Shadowtroper, 10 each in 3 melts a few days ago.

Good luck spotting more rarities!

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@vintage – bummer about the buggy bug. I’ve done recarbonation hundreds of times now and never run into that scenario. Maybe this is iPhone specific? I am on an Android phone. I have run into other misfires, mostly my launcher program dying as I flip back and forth, which means not enough time to kill AB promptly.

I have this down to 4 touches of the screens, (1) fire up ABSW2, (2) start the melt (3) interrupt melt [technically press a button on phone], (4) kill running processes [2 screen touches if I want to kill only SW2]. <Repeat> I normally insert a fast screen capture between steps 2 and 3 because the process is so fast that I don’t see what I got. I’ve created widgets for steps 1 and 4.

This is a relatively bullet proof method on Android, maybe there is an iOS equivalent?

vintage
    @vintage

Think it has something to do with my internet connection. Sometimes, I notice that the log-in lags a bit … that’s when I show up as a Guest. For the most part, I get pretty bored after going through the cycle 10 to 12 times anyway. Have rec’d some pretty nice “rewards” so I guess I’m okay with things as they are. Thanks for the info on your strat.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

Hi @vintage — Excellent thought. My 4G connection is pretty steady, but I have to be very prompt in the process or it gets thrown off. Since speed of execution is important maybe Internet speed is a factor too. Since I last posted here, I have gotten into yout situation once — it threw me out and I was back to guest. It was so unexpected and fast that I didn’t gather any clues, but I am keeping an eye out.

A dozen or two melts a day, no matter how boring, are certainly an improvement :-) it is tedious and finicky, that’s why I came up with an automated process so that I can do it without thinking, watching TV or whatever. I finally got hologram Darth Sidious last week, adrenaline rush for 5 seconds then back to the tedium!

vintage
    @vintage

Today’s effort yielded 5 Padmes, 3 Vaders, 3 Jango Fetts, a few battle droids and other, less powerful characters. Not a bad haul when killing time before dinner.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@vintage – wow! Excellent haul. In 20 melts today, I got three general grievous and a bunch of garbage. «Melt envy»

chutybutyful
    @chutybutyful

Do you know if this works on the galaxy note 3? Have tried but not sure of the procedure. Thanks

vintage
    @vintage

Don’t know if it’s platform-specific, but here’s what you do:

1. First, make sure it’s been at least 8 hours since your last carbonite melt started (otherwise, you will not see a ‘Claim” icon).

2. Open SW2 and once it goes through its opening credits, etc., you should see a glowing “Claim” where the carbonite reward is.

3. Hit the Claim icon then quickly close down the app.

4. Wait a few seconds (when I’ve been too hasty, the cycle got interrupted) then open the app again. The Claim icon should be glowing again.

5. Repeat ad nauseum, depending upon your tolerance for mundane things.

Good Luck!

Gelfling
    @gelfling

[duplicate, can’t delete]

Gelfling
    @gelfling

Hi @chutybutyful.

Yes it should work for you, I use android too and it works fine. @vintage has explained this process well. It is horribly tedious, I think of it as milking a cow :-) And truly, do I really need 86 Jar Jars?

The one thing that I would add to vintage’s explanation is that in step three, you do not need to immediately *close* Angry Birds. What you need to do is *interrupt* Angry Birds, during the carbonation process, getting out of the program as fast as you can once you get the reward.

It can be a nerve-racking process to «immediately» shut down an app, but to get away from the app, only interrupting it, is easy. All I have to do on my Android phone is press the main menu button, on the bottom of my phone, which takes me to the home screen. Angry Birds is still running, trapped in the middle of the carbonation process, waiting. Then you can kill Angry Birds in whatever way works for you.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

[deleted]

scott20
    @scott20

Just noticed the new update. Does our Carbonite Rewards trick still work with the update? If not, I better load up on rewards…

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@scott20 It still works.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Star Wars II – Unlimited Carbonite Rewards

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.