Angry Birds Epic v1.4.1 update

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic v1.4.1 update

• Angry Birds Epic v1.4.1 released on Google Play.

Pros:

1. Tutorial hand (that’s what Rovio calls it apparently) every time fixed.
    2. Arena matchmaking seems a bit better (seeing players around my power level).
    3. Shadow Steps set being obtained from GPM (not sure)

Cons:

1. That hideous icon
    2. Autoplay sometimes crashing my game
    3. Facebook login issue again on my game.

Anyone noticed anything similar or different?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • Replies
  • GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@datguygamer

How can we check for Piercing Set ?

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

Looked over the sets, didn’t see any statistical differences.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

OMG, the birds have arms and legs and bodies. They’re monsters.

burbman
    @burbman

Monsters/Movie Stars… Po-TA-toe/Pa-ta-TOE

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Sure. Po-TAY-toe, po-TAH-toe. :D

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimmjow By using Lucky Coins and seeing if it pops up.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Unfortunately I still have the annoying “Tap” bug.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Is this new? I just got an exclusive offer(?) to try out Angry Birds Action! and get 50 gems for free in that game. I tried it and my god, that game is a load of crap. Wasted over 400 MB for that. Ugh!

Also, if I am not mistaken, Shadow Steps is till missing. The GPM never gave me that and all set items were repeated, yet again. Unless someone can correct me, I am gonna assume that the GPM is still bugged.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

Oh my goodness… really???

I can’t believe there are people who’ll whine that they don’t get a set they want from the GPM… it’s like they’re kids who will complain/whine/throw a fit if they don’t get what they want.

IT’S RANDOM! if you don’t know what that word means, look it up!

I have been playing this game since it first released and I still don’t have a complete set at level 52 or none.

Jeez…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@dragonofheart73

1. Where exactly did you notice in my statement above that I was “whining”? This is an update thread and I was informing the parts of the update that felt noticeably missing to me. By your idiotic logic, every person posting under the Wishlist or Bug List threads are also whining as they can’t seem to get a particular feature or are missing some features while others are enjoying it.

2. It maybe random but there is an tangible way of knowing when a set is missing. Trial and error is the keyword here which means experimenting to see what comes up and what doesn’t and this set so far has been missing since the previous version. That is not random. During my current and previous 5X Rainbow Riot, I got every single items from all birds except those two and the way it works, unless something is wrong, it isn’t possible that I got all sets but not those two. Also, since I got two 5X RRs to experiment with fully, it is indeed bugged and not random. This is informing, not whining.

3. Not to mention, where did you learn manners like this? From the dumpster that you grew up in? Must be, because such an attitude right off the bat without even compensating the situation is at best expected from illiterate morons (If you don’t know what that word means, look it up, you might be surprised to learn about the definition of your status) like you. It’s like you’re a kid who basically wanted to be an a-hole on the internet (which might explain a lot) just for nothing out of the blue. There are other adjectives I can associate you with but this is a kid friendly site. I accept proper constructive criticism from anyone; just not from someone who’s an annoying imbecile.

4. I also have been playing this game from the start and I have a complete updated (as in tied to my XP level) set for every bird except the Piercing Set (which is Level 41) that I mentioned. So it’s just that you might be bad at this game or the game hates you or both.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Not everybody has luck with the Pig Machine. I have been playing from the beginning, hit Level 50 within days of the bump from 45, and have spun about as many “free” AGPs as anyone could expect. For that effort, I only have the following 52/52 Sets: Banner Breaker, Steel, Yin-Yang, Finisher, and Piercing. That’s only 5 out of the 28 possible, and only Banner Breaker and Piercing are Arena-playable, but still generally inferior to Dragon and BEEP!, respectively. This isn’t a whine, it’s simply illustrating that getting Enchantable sets for Arena has a lot of luck needed.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@graugeist And then there’s this guy above dragonheart who thinks it’s whining. I simply said that the GPM doesn’t give the Shadow Steps set for some reason and if someone can correct me it would be nice but then this guy shows up and throws attitude like he’s on top of the world. Speaking of that, did you roll the GPM today from the free ones? Any items worth that you got?

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@datguygamer

*reads post above* Where did I say your name? I said “people” and you took it personal. *tsk tsk*

I have been seeing these kind of posts “GPM is broken because I’m getting repetitious items” or “GPM is not giving out sets at all” etc etc all over the forum for years and I just decided to step up and give my 2 cents. It’s not an attitude at all. Last I checked we have freedom to speak?

so I am offended that you attacked me directly when I have not done so.

Sailus
    @sailus

Well still don’t show the update to me. But when I try to get in the game it says there’s a new update in Google play and I need to update to continue…. :$ I will probably delete and download again. Lol

Edit: I cant see any difference. Hahaha. About the shadow steps wait till x3 and I let you know. xD

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I’ve had Piercing Set for a while now. Both BEEP! and Artillery are superior, so I don’t get the concern.

Anonymous

@datguygamer

Since this is a forum site I’ll gladly argue this:

1. Where exactly did you notice in my statement above that I was “whining”? This is an update thread and I was informing the parts of the update that felt noticeably missing to me. By your idiotic logic, every person posting under the Wishlist or Bug List threads are also whining as they can’t seem to get a particular feature or are missing some features while others are enjoying it.

While IMO you we’re not “whining”, I do however see where @dragonofheart73 is coming from. Why is down below.

2. It maybe random but there is an tangible way of knowing when a set is missing. Trial and error is the keyword here which means experimenting to see what comes up and what doesn’t and this set so far has been missing since the previous version. That is not random. During my current and previous 5X Rainbow Riot, I got every single items from all birds except those two and the way it works, unless something is wrong, it isn’t possible that I got all sets but not those two. Also, since I got two 5X RRs to experiment with fully, it is indeed bugged and not random. This is informing, not whining.

The problem here is that your claim is based on personal experience which is not only one-sided but it’s also a logical fallacy. Just because you haven’t obtained them doesn’t mean nobody else can. Considering that there’s already a small chance to get ONE of 46 set items this is not surprising.

Anecdotal Fallacy

3. Not to mention, where did you learn manners like this? From the dumpster that you grew up in? Must be, because such an attitude right off the bat without even compensating the situation is at best expected from illiterate morons (If you don’t know what that word means, look it up, you might be surprised to learn about the definition of your status) like you. It’s like you’re a kid who basically wanted to be an a-hole on the internet (which might explain a lot) just for nothing out of the blue. There are other adjectives I can associate you with but this is a kid friendly site. I accept proper constructive criticism from anyone; just not from someone who’s an annoying imbecile.

Ad Hominem fallacy right there. This paragraph right here is completely unnecessary and makes you look like the kid. Insulting people does not help your claim and makes you look immature.

Ad Hominem Fallacy

4. I also have been playing this game from the start and I have a complete updated (as in tied to my XP level) set for every bird except the Piercing Set (which is Level 41) that I mentioned. So it’s just that you might be bad at this game or the game hates you or both.

This again is your example. There is not any statistical proof that these items are not obtainable. Therefore we can’t agree with you just like that.

I highly suggest you read the links to the fallacy’s above.

kyododom
    @kyododom

@bubbley

Yeah, I did too, initially. So, I signed out of my Rovio account > Deleted Epic from my iPhone > Rebooted iPhone > Reinstalled Epic, logged back into my Rovio a/c, and everything was just fine and dandy.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@datguygamer — I agree that you do not have valid statistical evidence that you can’t get Shadow Steps from the GPM. You need lots (~1000 or more) of tries, carefully documented, before your data (not supposition/feelings) are statistically significant.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

I got the Piercing Set during either the last 3X or 5X RR. I got both items and it was the only set I was missing.

Sailus
    @sailus

Well I spinned something like 1200 lcs in last 5x rainbow and piercing was the only one that I didn’t get. Waiting for the 3x to spin 1400 more. But yes I also think it was bugged.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Me too : last 5x RR I spinned 525 LC and I get ALL items once or more, except Piercing set.

Bossk
    @henjovr

I do have the Piercing Set, got it relatively soon after it was available, so can affirm that you can roll it.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kyododom thanks, now working.

@anyone I have scrapped at least 3 piercing sets. I still have a complete set, every single one from free rolls. Yesterday I got another needle from a free roll.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@henjovr Can you post a picture of it being obtained currently? As in show your XP level and the weapon level at the same time by tapping and holding.

@bubbley
    Thanks for the confirmation. A current weapon screen cap in relative to your XP level would be nice and appreciated.
    @partshade I agree, I got carried away due to temper.

@dragonofheart73
    I apologize for my personal rude behavior. Not gonna happen again.

@mvnla2
    Maybe I should have provided a bit more info that “I am not getting it”. Oh well.

However at the same time people seem to be not getting the item even after all (@sailus and @grimmjow) set repeats. So what is exactly the notion?

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

I think that the set was not disappeared from the GPM when it was available.
    But a little time after, he had to have a bug there removing it, until the last update.

It could explain why some had it from the beginning and others a few days ago.

Maybe our supports also influence this bug ? (iOS, Android)

In every case, if somebody came to obtain one of the two items soon, a screen would be nice.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic v1.4.1 update

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.