Angry Birds 2 charging for gift upgrade they later took away? UNFAIR

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Angry Birds 2 charging for gift upgrade they later took away? UNFAIR

• Some time ago while playing Angry Birds 2 I received an offer from Rovio to pay $9.99 for a “lifetime” upgrade. For 9.99 I would receive a bunch of goodies such as an extra life, 25% more red gifts & a certain % of more blue gifts etc… But yet now Rovio Entertainment has decided to now take away all red gifts entirely & 80% of all the blue ones! Even moments after paying the 9.99,I received even less gifts than before. NOTHING was changing so after realizing it wasn’t getting better I contacted Rovio Entertainment to address the issue & at first they were very nice & quick to answer. They asked me for proof of purchase & my player id number through Facebook… Once I provided all the requested info, they have since ignored every single message & refuse to answer. It’s a crying shame with all the money I spend between Angry birds friends and now Angry Birds 2 that they would choose to insult me by ignoring what could be an easy fix. I’m shocked by the lack of professionalism & blatant disregard for their customers’ concerns. IM sure rovio has made a small fortune off that $9.99 upgrade but I swear from this day forward, they won’t get another red cent of my money. VERY BAD BUSINESS ROVIO. Be careful folks…

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • wrw01
    @wrw01

@bankler
    Any information to share on this flingers concern?

I too paid the money early on for the same privileges and it appears, presently, that Rovio had taken away many red and blue boxes that we were promised to be an increase for paying the money.

It appears that Rovio forgot about all of us who paid the monies to live up to their side of what they promised we would receive for the revenue. Very discouraging…

John Michael Jones
    @john-michael-jones

What angers me is, Rovio would rather ignore it’s customers than to either refund those who paid the $9.99 or simply provide 9.99 worth of credit…. The fact they’re ignoring it, proves they know what they’ve done is wrong…. SHAME ON THEM BUT NO WORRIES, I’M NOT GIVING UP ON THIS & REFUSE TO LET IT GO AWAY. ROVIO WILL PAY ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

You need to reinstall the game (backing up your progress in the process). Recently they have bumped the percentage of presents again. If I can get so many presents without paying, I think you’ll have even more with your upgrade. Reinstall the game; I think it can help.

As for that not replying part, they have currently replied to me on an email I sent them way back in February telling me that they are currently suffering with too many email requests everyday and are thus not able to keep up (that’s the downside of having way wayyyy too many active & continued games at the same time). So I guess that’s one of the reasons.

John Michael Jones
    @john-michael-jones

Unless they bumped up the gifts in the past week, then maybe you’re right but I did reinstall the game & still nothing. In fact, I’ve sent my sister well over 30 gifts & she hasn’t received a single one. Rovio needs to get their stuff together in a big way & maybe then they wouldn’t be so “backed up” in email complaints…. A clear indication somethings wrong. But thank you for the heads up! Won’t hurt to try & reinstall again.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@john-michael-jones I’m sorry you have been waiting so long for a reply from customer support. I’ll try to poke somebody about this (can’t promise it’ll speed things up, but it won’t hurt). How long ago did you get your most recent reply from them, and what is your customer service ticket id?

hooksfan
    @hooksfan

@john-michael-jones
    I haven’t been able to send or receive gifts since they launched this game. I’ve tried everything they’ve said to do. The gifting issue in Angry Birds Go let me to uninstall that game permanently. Wish that Rovio would just stick to a couple of games and not continue to add more when you obviously have issues with a couple of them.

John Michael Jones
    @john-michael-jones

Sorry for the delay in responding. I’m on vacation but thank you so very much for your help. My ticket id number is, #1246042. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@john-michael-jones
    I’ve talked to customer support and they will get in contact with you asap. Apparently, since you have replied to your own message multiple times, the ticket has been bumped to the end of the queue each time, as they’re answering the oldest tickets first (not something that is easy for you to know I admit). :) I hope everything works out for the best.

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

@datguygamer

“You need to reinstall the game (backing up your progress in the process). Recently they have bumped the percentage of presents again.”

This makes no sense. Reducing gifts certainly didn’t require anyone to reinstall why would an increase of gifts require it?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bigbadaboom Because inclusion of an intentional design change doesn’t need reinstalling (specifically for AB 2 where new come without even updating the app most of the time) as the change is happening from their side. However, whenever something is fixed by OTA method, it’s best to just reinstall to ensure proper fixes as the change needs to happen from out side.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Angry Birds 2 charging for gift upgrade they later took away? UNFAIR

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.