AB2 2.2.1 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB2 2.2.1 is out

• Some observations

1) New look for cards
    2) You can see the cards status at main page instead of going to “gears” menu. It is next to the daily objectives
    3) New levels.. Halloween theme related. Added in new challenges… SLIME!

Slime = it flows in 1 direction and carries debris, birds, and pigs (warning, pigs will not pop when they fall into it…)

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • dmsral
    @dmsral

The slime adds a new dimension to your strategy. You can use it shower debris around, or launch a bird. Dropping Momma Bird’s egg onto it can be very useful. I can be worth the wait for all the debris to finish looping around because it might do some extra damage at times.

There are two transporter pigs on level 298!

Finished all 20 levels, 3-starred all but 297.

I like these levels a lot better than the bouncy ones.

Mp127
    @mp127

I see they added “new highscore” signs, good addon. What’s about level 301?

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@dmsral Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks a lot for the feedback, it means a lot.

Achimenes
    @achimenes-crataegus

Anyone else notice that parachute pig does not roll quite as much to his death as he used to?

Power Pork
    @abginebird

Did anyone noticed that the stage counter (The one when clearing a stage Red will move to next stage) is smaller?

Orange Bubbles
    @orangebubbles

@bankler First of all, congratulations on the new update. I can’t play the new levels yet, but they look very cool. :D

But not everything is good. There was a very strange bug in my game after the update. It’s a bit complicated to explain, but I’ll do my best.

Basically the scores of the last 2 levels that I completed before the update become somehow corrupted (level 185 and 186).

I had 3 stars in both levels before the update, and level 187 unlocked. After the update, both levels appeared on the world map without any star (as if they hadn’t been completed yet) and level 187 locked.

However the popup windows in both levels still showed the 3 stars and my entry in the facebook leaderboard. Level 186 showed the correct score, but level 185 showed only “1” instead of the score that I had done.

In order to fix the problem, I had to complete both levels again.

In level 185 I got 3 stars again at the end and the number “1” was replaced by this new score, now with the stars appearing in the map.

In level 186 I only got one star at the end, but was enough to fix the problem (and still consider my older highscore). The 3 stars appeared in the map and level 187 was unlocked again.

Now I think everything is ok, but this information may be useful for you. ;)

It was very annoying, specially because level 186 is very hard to complete and I had to spend a lot of gems to get the 3 stars, so I really didn’t want to loose that score. Even to complete the level again (with one star) and fix the problem I had to loose 5 lives. :P

waimea
    @waimea

Is anyone having problems opening AB2 since the upgrade? I get the screen with the yellow logging in bar, which fills completely, but instead of going to the game, it stays stuck on the logging in page. I’ve been able to open it only about 3 times out of 20 attempts. Fyi, I am using BlueStacks, so I can’t say for sure the problem isn’t theirs. Which I why I’m putting feelers out to see if anyone else has the problem on other devices. If not, then I’ll know to try to solve it within BlueStacks.

edit: Ok, so it DOES open. I just have to sit and wait on it for 2 or 3 minutes. Still annoying, and I didn’t have that before the update.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

The new look for cards makes birds’ rank much less discernible. The original one was better, IMHO.

PJng
    @pjng

I think this was temporary issue,
    but already few day i was not able to open arena,
    Screen just stay at connecting birds below of right screen,
    Try on mobile data and wifi still same,
    I only can force close game, rovio and video ads loading fine,
    this is my second issue after update.

burbman
    @burbman

@admins

The newest version of AB2 has swapped levels in at least two cases. Level 63 and 64 have been swapped, also 185 and 186 these are just two instances I noticed, probably more out there. Leaderboards will be messed up by this.

Orange Bubbles
    @orangebubbles

@burbman Oh! That’s it! That’s what happened to me and I tried to explain in the post above… but I didn’t realize that the levels were swapped!

Now it all makes sense. I had completed level 185 and not level 186… and then they were swapped. Level 185 became 186, with my score, and level 186 became 185 without any score (or, more precisely, the score of “1”), because I hadn’t completed that level at the time.

Because of that, my game showed a level not played placed before a level completed… really weird.

Thanks @burbman for pointing it out!

And @bankler, can you try to figure out what happened?

burbman
    @burbman

@pjng – mentioned elsewhere that 118/119 are also swapped

@admins

PJng
    @pjng

after update when i open

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/pjng/album/picture/16646/

It show score on previous level

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/pjng/album/picture/16647/

After complete current level

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/pjng/album/picture/16648/.

Seem it will swape level that last 2 level you leave before update.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@orangebubbles Your analysis is correct. In the latest update, the designers moved some levels around to get a better difficulty curve. If the player has progressed to a level that was moved “forward”, the non-completed levels moved behind it will show up as completed without score.

Orange Bubbles
    @orangebubbles

@bankler Thanks for the explanation. ;)

But that means that now some of the scores on the ABN Leaderboards are placed in the wrong level. :P

RizDub
    @rizdub

I made a list of levels that were changed in this update, including levels and rooms that have been swapped.

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/list-of-changed-levels-in-ab2/

magsy79
    @magsy79

Very happy to see the update brought my lives back up to 5 and the wait time back down to 30 min!

bobz
    @bobz

I have a Samsung Galaxy S and i have the same problem

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB2 2.2.1 is out

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.