AB Star Wars 2 : Carbonite

Home Forums General Discussions Forum AB Star Wars 2 : Carbonite

Viewing 23 replies - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Replies
  • DaBoid
    @daboid

@gelfling

You’re whining about not getting full value for a game you stole? That’s like the shoplifter coming back for a replacement when something breaks.

No sympathy here, sorry.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@daboid — My sense of the ridiculous is overwhelming my ability for logical discourse at this point without ROFL.

Assuming that I had stolen anything (which is incorrect): does that mean that your 99 cents gives you the right to put in your 2 cents, when my game makes no cents at all? and that the 1000 hours I wasted in this total (albeit enjoyable) waste of time do not give me as much of a perspective on this game as your 1,000 hours spent in similar intellectual bicycling in place?

I never stole anything. All that I did was download a free version, disconnect from the Internet, notice that the ads went away, and continue to do so. No EULA alert.

Lastly, at least I live in the United States of America. We have the right to free speech /grouse here, unencumbered by monetary considerations, about whatever strikes our sense of the ridiculous.

Three whacks on the face with the silly fish.

P.s. I knew you were fishing for this conversation, with baited hook. If you actually read my post you might feel differently about this. Or not.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla – I think that I found the game to which you’re referring, but I’m not sure. Icebreaker something something Vikings something, but not Rovio? if so, it has in app purchases (and $23.53 means exactly that, no coin nonsense) and ads, for a purchased app? Since I have been using the Rovio free games I do sometimes get ads, but they’re obnoxious and if I paid for an app I wouldn’t want to see ads . Where you able to ignore all of that and still have fun, or is there something that I am missing?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling — I don’t remember how much game costs, and there may not be a free version. I have not made any IAPs, I haven’t noticed ads. I’ve found it very challenging and fun. I am 100% complete (all pars or lower, and all coins collected) on all levels except the most recent, Kraken, which came out last week. The coins are used to pass some gates in the game, not sure you can do anything else with them.
    ABN has walkthroughs on all episodes except Kraken, and Sal is working on those.
    Icebreaker first came out as a Rovio Stars game, but is now published directly by Nitrome.
    Forgot to mention that you need to use @MVnLA2 or I don’t get an e-mail notification.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla – thanks for the referral to icebreakers. It is easy to mentally block out the ads and it is fun. My sister talked me into getting cut the rope, and this feels like cut the rope meets Angry Birds. I got to the cutting master returns today, and found myself staying at each level, not going further, until I got all the coins ( not a big deal yet ), shadows of three starring Angry Birds. I have been trained. Thanks again.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

After six weeks [over 100 times: two (sometimes three) times a day plus the free ad melts whenever available] I finally got the Scout Trooper. So now the only two I haven’t received (but don’t need) are Sidious and Carbonite Han.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@SnTrooper – good for you! I couldn’t hang in there. I nominate you for dedicated gamer of the week. I finished the last 2 years of my PhD in 10 years. No one thought I would finish by then, but I kept heading in the right direction and never stopped. So I appreciate your perseverance.

@mvnla
    – I continue to play icebreakers. I have not looked at the answers in the back of the book (out on the Internet) or paid them for any god powers. The problems are all different, it feels like more variety than Angry Birds, and I like the stupid dialogue. It is also helping me to appreciate some of the things that Rovio gets spot on, like detecting where your fingers hitting the screen. I am not particularly good at this kind of problem, but they are fun. It brings me back to my first year physics class, forces and motion, a lifetime ago now. My current level, Checking In, feels like Angry Birds build Stonehenge. Between taking that class and a consultation from a Stonehenge engineer, I know which one I would pick.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

There is a bug in the Carbonite reward programming. I saw it before, when I was actively playing playing Star Wars 2, but today I saw it clearly. I am sticking this post here, because it’s not actually a bug in sw2 itself.

It has been days since I checked in to collect my reward. [I wanted to see what kind of rewards Rovio would give to a player who, according to their criteria, has not yet finished the game and “needs” some characters badly in order to finish the game. The answer 5x in a row has been as hypothesized, garbage, never any useful characters, which has been the general wisdom.]

The bug was this. After asking to melt Carbonite and then returning days later, it still shows my Carbonite in the “melting” stage. I bring this up because it was frustrating — If you run into this, you are not alone.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

I still watch my Carbonite melts — out of curiosity and because I want to return to SW “coming soon” arrive.
    If I stop playing for a week, I finally get to watch two ads and so get two melts (before set up the next eight hour melt.
    Yesterday I had accumulated 4 boba fett’s, enough to finish off one of my three remaining characters, so I was interacting with the game more than I have been in weeks and the next day I got no opportunity to watch
    I’m still getting garbage players from now, probably because the game doesn’t think that I finished.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@Gelfling This thread is certainly open, otherwise there would be no giant reply box :)

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@amslimfordy – thank you for the fast response. That is what I thought. But below the response box and below the ad the words, “Comments are closed” is written in white text on a blue background. That is what I found confusing

Samthered
    @samuelredbird

It may not be possible to get carbonite han solo in a carbonite melt, as he is already frozen in carbonite.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@samuelredbird — I’ve gotten carbonite han in a carbonite melt, but it’s pretty rare.

Samthered
    @samuelredbird

@mvnla2, agreed, not that many

By the way, i got some free royal guards (3) through a gift box in the early stages but they were all wasted, so here’s a list of characters i have not gotten on carbonite and have therefore not worked on for reward chapter levels:

Endor Luke
    Hologram Darth Sidious

I have not used some of my Silver C-3P0s and have dropped out on Royal Guard, Tusken Raider and a whole bunch of others.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@samuelredbird — Presumably you have quite a few coins by now, right? I had to use coins to buy characters to open all the rewards chapters. You could check for sales (in Watto’s shop) or packages that include them, but I would guess that you have enough coins to buy them at full price. BTW, the carbonite melts seem to be perversely set so you don’t get the ones you need, and they are definitely not the same from person to person.

Samthered
    @samuelredbird

@mvnla2 you are right about unnecessary carbonite melts. I’ve got 10 unnecessary jedi younglings when i need an endor luke or so. And i keep getting birds instead of pigs.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

Hi all. I submitted a bug report about Carbonite melts here at ABN, and then at Rovio support proper. Rovio agreed that the game shouldn’t work that way. I just wanted to encourage other people to do this if they run into something that isn’t working per expectation. They have closed my problem ticket, and forwarded it on, I assume, to the developers. That can be a big black hole. But at least I know that they agree with me that it was a bug. They were polite, friendly, and very fast.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@samuelredbird – I am replaying ABSW2 from the beginning, and documenting carefully. [@mvnla2 – this time through it’s an Excel spreadsheet for me, to join the obsessive ABN club. :-) ]

Carbonite Hans Solo. In the “Achievement – Defeat your fear” (for me B1-4) I got 3 Carbonite Hans Solo. This time through I know enough not to waste them. But not in a melt, so far.

Birds:Pigs ratio. First time through I got about twice as many birds as pigs. Second time through so far (I am at B1-9 and P-2) I have not received ANY pigs in 9 melts, instead 21 lovely birds. I did get 12 pig characters from an Achievement.

I totally sympathize with your frustration about getting too many birds and lots of useless characters.

Today I set a new record, 4 melts and got to watch 3 ads. Never happened before, three different movies, I guess they needed advertising. Woo Hoo!!

dhoy
    @dhoy

Telepods

“Do you even telepod, Bro?”

NO Last Chance
    @mad-ridley

I got a couple of Crimson Guards on the Carbonite Melt which I needed to access it’s Reward Chapter Character. Then, when I completed that level I never got him again (on either my Tablet or Phone…. as the more devices you have it on the more melts you get!). Since then I just get the basic characters and have never got the Carbonite Han and don’t remember getting the Hologram Emperor?

Maybe Rovio could give us some of these if we Watch THe Ad’s

Baddy2004
    @baddy2004

Received 3 Biker Scouts from carbonite… I already have infinite Biker Scouts.

My luckiest melt is melting some Jedi Lukeses!

PJng
    @pjng

On latest version, reward are ‘small’, usually 1 or 2, but if can watch ads, reward can more that 5.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum AB Star Wars 2 : Carbonite

Viewing 23 replies - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.