AB Go Update — Questions and Tips

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum AB Go Update — Questions and Tips

• You can mention bugs here, but they really should be in the AB Bugs forum:
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/angry-birds-bugs-glitches/

The new AB Go update 5/6/14 has the following features (from @bad-piggies-2):
    – 2 new tracks in the Sub Zero episode
    – The daily rewards are now only half the reward they were before
    – Weekly tournament that may not work properly
    – Screenshots taken automatically when playing
    – Energy is now called cupcakes and you can can watch videos to get more cupcakes.
    – Gifts you can send to your friends (Gamecenter and facebook)
    – Gifts to find in the level

BEWARE! There is a new feature in the ABGo update that Rovio isn’t advertising! After you use all your special powers, the power icon changes from what used to be grayed-out, indicating that you had used all the special powers, to glowing with a “3 gems” box below. If you make the mistake of thinking you still have a special power to use, it will cost you 3 gems! This is a sneaky and fast way to deplete your even-harder to earn pile of gems!
    Before update you had to buy extra powers before you started the race, so at least you did it deliberately.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Has anyone found a gift box? Where is it?

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@mvnla2 I lost 9 gems on stupid power ups today, now I have to watch. I haven’t gotten gift boxes on tracks but I got 2 after completing challenges (I completed 5 challenges and got 2 gift boxes). One containded 15 gems and other free king sling power up but only to use immediately in next race.

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hi: @mvnla2 and @cosmo2503 . I thing I have a Bug on new update sub-zero …!!! My Facebook account it’s working . But I can download my friends score… !! I check many times on Options and the Icin of Facebook tranfer me to my Facebook account . Which means it’s working but . But my friends progress is running. And never come in out to my Tracks . I am playing track 1 Splat Ice … Need – Beat a friend score. To pass .!!! I won but the friend. Score doesn’t show up. So I did not pass the Mission and obviously not the Challenge…!!! Are you having this problem..!!

Even on options are 2 Icons. Of Facebook : one normal size and the last one more bigger with one x on left down side …!!! Do you have this situation too.

Before the update my friends score were showing up. Obviously didn’t work to challenge . But we’re always on screen … !! Kinda bad update .!! Don’t like it . Because I can pass my challeng. I do have Facebook account. . Let me know what’s going on.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

I just openned gift box that I got from friend and it contained soda pop sedan l6 kart (which I already have).

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

Just as a heads up, the post regarding this update is live. Please feel free to comment there as well.

Angry Birds Go! Update Adds Weekly Tournament and new Sub Zero Tracks

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@nacho18 — I am probably having the same problem as you, but I haven’t tried passing a “beat friends score” challenge since update. May not have any available to try right now.
    Not sure if it is showing any friends scores. Will check later. I had trouble logging in to facebook, and I did see the 2 icons. I got rid of the one with the x, and it hasn’t come back. When I click on the other facebook icon it does go to facebook, but wants password; may have to click the keep me logged in option. Just clicked “keep me logged in”, closed facebook, and hit facebook icon on AB Go options, but it is taking a LONG time to log in.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@all “beat your friend’s score” is now fixe for me as friends scores are now uploaded in game.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@nacho18 — When I go to a race, it says see your friends scores. When I click that it wants me to log in to facebook. When I log in again, it says I have already authorized facebook, and now on the track screen it says loading friends scores, but not sure anything is happening.
    Oh yes, now when I go back to options screen, I see 2 facebook icons, one with an x. If I click on the facebook icon, I get the AB page fairly quickly, but it doesn’t show that I’m logged in.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@nacho18 @AMSlimfordy — Just tried hard closing all my apps, and doing a hard shutdown. Get same problem with facebook.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

I can’t load track 3 in Rocky Road. Does anybody else same problem?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@cosmo2503 — How did you fix the facebook issue, or did it just miraculously fix itself?

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@mvnla2 I didn’t do anything, my friends scores showed up out of nothing. I guess your friends also have to update game and conect to FB.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@cosmo2503 — Track 3 in Rocky Road loads for me.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@cosmo2503 — That’s terrible, I don’t have any friends that play AB Go, so it has been really easy for me to beat their scores. If what you say is true, I won’t be able to pass any of those challenges. I suppose I could beg my hubby to let me load AB Go on his iPad, but he won’t be happy.

wrw01
    @wrw01

Wow quality control of game development in GO is really in question. Just tried to play the Weekly T. level and they keep sending me out of the game. Got to play one time and at the end the game sent me out.

I am amazed that Rovio just does not evaluate the beta testing of this game prior to releasing this game. To say the least I am disappointed.

DH Kim
    @dh-kim

Anyone noticed Challenge clearing now awards only a single gem instead of 3?

angryde
    @angryde

DH Kim. Yeah, mate, good old Rovio! I’ve only received +1 gem for challenge clearances since the update. A couple of people have reported that they’re still getting 3+ gems… but they seem to be in the lucky minority. =(

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Hi,

@nacho18
    , @abgofast, @mvnla2 :

The only positive point at the moment is that if a running(race) offers a gemstone on its route(course), you can be on that there will be a 2nd to see a 3rd (once for my part).

Otherwise the series of challenges are not still aligned for the same world.

Thanks @nacho18 for 2 lucky box :
    – 1 with soda pop Usable all the time or just a race ? Anyway I have the Telepod
    – 1 with an improvement of handiness offered (no kart to be improved at the moment, I would see if the present is preserved).

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryde — I was one who reported getting 3 gems for challenges, but I think what I said wasn’t clear. I got 3 gems for opening the challenge levels.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Hi,

@nacho18
    give me a lucky box who contained a free pass for one challenge.
    I use this for pass the challenge “stay first all race” on race track 1 in Stunt.
    Between this gift and gems, we can make a lot of challenge with time.

Need list of gift :
    15 gems
    250 coins
    Free upgrade for kart
    Free pass for challenge
    Free kart (one race or always ?)

angryde
    @angryde

MVNLA2. Cool, mate. Not a problem! It actually makes me feel less annoyed to know nobody is getting 3 x gems for challenge completion. Schadenfreude… als sagen wir (uns) auf Deutsch. =)

Arus73
    @alcusto

Hi @nacho18 and @grimmjow how did you connect each other account as friend in ABGo? Via Facebook or via Google Game Center?

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

Hi folks … a few observations of the update that might move by grade of D+ to a solid D. The weekly tournament is yielding some unexpected benefits to warrant this small upgrade in mark.

1. I completely used all my birds tonight working my challenges progress. Not one has any cupcake energy left. I’m still able to play any of the weekly tournament stages even though they show no cupcakes on my birds. This means you can keep playing the tournament while waiting for birds to regain energy! No breaks! The whole energy issue was a major complaint by many (not me) when the game first came out. Tons of negative feedback on it so it’s a nice compromise on Rovio’s part.

2. I just found 2 gems on the one of the weekly tournaments and it goes into my gem bank. Didn’t expect any gems to show up here. This could be another source of gem harvesting. I find Rocky Road (all tracks) seem to have 1, 2, 3 gems/race and the odd lucky box so gem harvesting isn’t as painful as it used to be in the old release.

To get to a grade of “C” from me if:
    They fix the Facebook bug (quickly) … they promised multi-player this spring. Their answer was to create a weekly tourney and use Facebook friend scores as the competition. Hmmm…where have we seen this? Oh yes…”Angry Birds Friends” app has this already programmed. So bluntly, it is an absolute “expletive deleted” embarrassment for Rovio to release this “expletive deleted” update with this not functioning across all platforms given they have a workable app. It is the first time I feel they’ve legitimately failed to deliver something they teased for months. Disappointing.

To get a grade of “B”, fix Facebook and fix the bugs on impossible challenges not addressed by the good folks on this forum.

To get an “A”, they fix Facebook, fix impossible challenge bugs & return to the original release when the driver used bird coins not gems to secure power-ups. If this is not an option for them, then give us something else to do with bird coins than just upgrade a karts. Feeling rich with coins but the exchange rate is terrible…lol

Good night everyone … leave you on a classic cartoon jingle for ya!

Here he comes
    Here comes Speed Racer
    He’s a demon on wheels
    He’s a demon and he’s gonna be chasin’ after someone.

He’s gainin’ on you so you better look alive.
    He’s busy revvin’ up a powerful Mach 5.

And when the odds are against him
    And there’s dangerous work to do
    You bet your life Speed Racer
    Will see it through.

Go Speed Racer
    Go Speed Racer
    Go Speed Racer, Go!

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

100% sure the facebook connection is working for me. The dummy facebook friend I setup and I are connected. yeah…I’m friends with myself….cough…what a loser! At least I know I’ll beat a friends score of ZERO! haha

Re: the dummy account. I setup a secondary facebook account AND also a secondary Rovio account using a second gmail address than my active profile. Yeah…so I cloned myself in a manner of speaking to test the ABGo facebook friend connection

I’m on the Android platform playing with Samsung Galaxy S3 phone.

The update now is up to a grade of C

Anyone interested to friend me in the game, drop me a friend request on the site and I’ll forward you my facebook email.

Cheers! Happy Driving! Always remember you gotta be willing to put your foot to the floor to go fast!

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

Grrr! The AB Go app keeps saying I’m connected to Facebook but only shows scores of Red and Chuck … I don’t see any of the folks that I’ve added since the release.

Can’t see @nacho18 or @grimmjow or even the dummy account I setup. I guess it’s better than the “loading friends scores” message but it’s still not working great

The update is now downgraded to a C-

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum AB Go Update — Questions and Tips

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.