AB Epic v 1.3.6 released

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum AB Epic v 1.3.6 released

• Found on iPhone. Unsure about android.
    Basically the news are shards from arena, daily calendar and scrapping sets. Plus bug fixes.

image.jpg

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Replies
  • Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

It is now out on Google Play for Android too.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

Android version immediately crashes on my tablet, just tried the update. Even rebooted and did a fresh re-install. Epic crashes right as the “Chimera” logo tries to display, saying “Unfortunately Epic has stopped.”

Anyone else with Android on an Intel chipset able to get 1.3.6 working? I am betting they broke Intel chipset compatibility again. This would mark the fourth time this has happened across three different Rovio games (second time now with Epic).

Luckily I have been playing Epic on my iPhone, and it seems to work fine. I guess I’ll just stick with that.

Support ticket has been created and submitted to Rovio. It’s like they don’t even test updates on Intel hardware, even as Android on Intel is becoming a bit more prevalent…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

The new update screwed up the emblems even more. The only emblems I have that are three star now are the ones I got after the last update. All of my old emblems now have no stars.

Suzy
    @suzyq

Has anyone using a Kindle Fire HDX got the latest update yet?

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

One good bug in this version is that scrapping old bird sets generate not one but six shards! So they changed payout type but not amount!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@napoleon1 I have scrapped several set items. I find some give 6 shards some give 1. I thought this may be related to level but it’s not. Possibly it depends how they were obtained. Perhaps those from free rolls or rolls on the non enhanced golden pig are worth less. I don’t know the answer.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I have updated and using iPad Air 2. No new problems so far. Still experiencing freezes with Chucks rage but this has been going on since Season 3 in the Arena.

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

@bubbley
    As far as I saw the sets obtained after last update all give one shard but lower version sets on lower levels give six shards (sets on lvl 52 give one shard each that is).
    Haven’t got anymore sets to try with though.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@napoleongl I didn’t find that. As far as I remember all level 33 sets gave 1 shard. Level 47 gave both 1 and 6 as did level 52. I have 3 needles for the Blues new set all level 52 and all obtained for free – 1 from the calendar and 2 from free rolls. They all will give 1 shard. I know that new set items were listed as giving 1 shard but I had duplicates at level 52 so I don’t know which were obtained before or after.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

The number of shards you get from scrapping set items probably depends on when you got that item. Some level 52 items give me 6 and some items 1. Some level 47 items give me 6 and some items 1. A level 21 item I still have would give me 1. So far, I just scrapped those which can give me 6.

On the day this update was out, I did not experienced any crashes. But the day after, the game has crashed so many times without performing many actions. This is unplayable.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@gabe-nestor Only the stars disappeared. The value of the emblems didn’t change.

After opening more of the collectibles I discovered that the rapid clicking trick still works to get extra bonuses. I can also confirm that any new set item you get from the pig machine will only give you 1 shard if you recycle it. Kind of disappointing considering that we used to get 6 essence instead, but 1 shard is better than 6 essence

Here are some values comparing some of my Phoenix feathers.

Item Recycle Value
    Rank Wood Shell Shard
    0 28 32 1 After 1.3.6 update
    1 30 34 7 Before 1.3.6 and before essence was downgraded from 6
    2 34 38 3 Before 1.3.6 but after shards were introduced
    0 5 6 1 Any level 43 or lower item when max level was <42

some set items were worth 6 or 1 essence previously and converted to the same number of shards. The rank 0 items that were worth 6 essence are worth 6 shards. If you upgraded them to rank 1, 2, or 3 then they are worth 7, 8, or 9 respectively. If you have duplicate level 52 items that aren’t ranked very high, it is worth it to recycle them and re-enchant a rank 0 item that only recycles for 1 shard.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

It is nice that they added shards to the arena wheel and made it so set items can be recycled for shards, but one thing that sucks is that some older set items only give 1 shard and some give 6 shards. Any set item that is above level 43 will give 6 shards because they changed the recycle amount from 1 essence to 6 essence when 43 was the max level set item. I have some level 43 items that will give 1 shard and some that will give 6 shards.

The pig machine now shows the banner breaker set, but it is also showing that recycling any set item will only give you 1 shard instead of 6. It still shows that the banner breaker set has a 25% chance to do an extra 100 damage to the banner which if true makes it one of the most worthless set bonuses.

Unfortunately the wheel bonus for events for those who maxed their mastery ranks is still only 500 snoutlings. Anyone who has maxed their mastery ranks has almost nothing to spend snoutlings on. Another thing this update changed regarding events is that you can no longer rapidly click on the collectibles to get more than one bonus.

Pen.iAB
    @pen-iab

Not yet on Android… And thanks for the information

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

@killerkea Because you lose the stars, you cannot enchant the items at all. Any new Level 51 emblems from the GPM will have 3 stars and be able to be enchanted 6 times. All of the old 51 emblems have the same base value but cannot be enchanted at all. Before the update the old 51 emblems had 2 stars and were able to be enchanted 4 times.

pizzaferret
    @pizzaferret

Bug fixes…
    Could be more elaborative

angryde
    @angryde

@sutekh137 I’m getting crashes on Android via Bluestacks post-update. And that’s NEVER, EVER happened before! Kinda irritating!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@gabe-Nestor emblems gained from the AGPM don’t necessarily have 3 stars. I obtained a shroud level 51 from this mornings free roll. It had 1 star and is nonenchantable.

Suzy
    @suzyq

The new update for my Kindle has just arrived and download ed successfully :)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

This update seems less stable than 1.3.5 – I’m getting a lot of freezes, which is kinda frustrating. Fortunately, most seem to be recoverable. *knock*

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Game crashing on 1.3.6 (Android) and not that game opened but then crashed thing. It doesn’t even open for me and always says “Unfortunately Angry Birds Epic has stopped working”. YAY! Unstable updates!

Timber
    @timber

This is the first update in a long time that made my Ipad2 more stable. Crashes have been reduced by 95%.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@angryde

BlueStacks actually still works for me — just updated Epic and played around a bit, no crashes.

@datguygamer

Is your Android running on an Intel-chipset tablet, by chance? I get the same error, and this has happened before for Epic. Took them about three weeks before the next update started working for me on Android again, and in the meantime I switched my primary playing to BlueStacks and my iPhone…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sutekh137 It’s a brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Also, even if Rovio fixes this later, by then I’ll be demoted to Wood League again. (And here I was staying late up trying to advance myself in the Stone League. Thanks a lot Rovio. :/)

Haven’t tried on Blustacks yet but with my luck, it will not work for me eitherway.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@dataguygamer

Dang, that stinks… I don’t care about the Arena much, but if I did, it would stink to not be able to play because of an update whose main impetus appears to be simply “bug fixes”…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

dillo
    @dillo

The update initially cancelled the “Log-in to Facebook for a free Lucky Coin” calendar bonus but I logged out and then logged in again and now it works fine…I think it actually logged me out in the Arena because I was still seeing the “logged into Facebook” on the calendar but when I logged back into the Arena everything worked fine.

So far no other glitches…well there was one really beneficial one which I got double the LCs I purchased but I think that was before the update.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum AB Epic v 1.3.6 released

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.