A Question About Angry Birds Space

Home Forums General Discussions Forum A Question About Angry Birds Space

• Is it possible to do daily events after all Brass Hogs levels are unlocked (To get free powerups)? I’m far from getting all levels unlocked so I’d like to know in advance if anybody completed all of them.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • burpie
    @burpie

@partshade You keep getting new events beyond the 360 points required to unlock Brass Hogs. You also keep getting Space Eagle and Power-Up rewards. I’m up to 659 points, collecting Space Eagles to play feather levels and unlock those last few sardine cans.

BTW, this question was also answered on page 8 of this thread, but I can’t blame you for not spotting that ;-)

Sglouk
    @sglouk

@partshade

A few more explanations in addition to @burpie’s answer:
    You can keep on completing daily missions till at least 2530pts (my current score). Note that once you have unlocked the last Brass Hog level (360pts), every 10 points you get gives you 6 Space Eagles + one power-up bundle (which includes a 7th Space Eagle, actually). So far, I have earned around 1600 Eagles, which is far more than necessary to unlock all sardine can levels. Note also that once you have 3-starred all normal+mirror levels, you are given very often 10 point missions (and you can reset the mission it was not the case), thus allowing you to earn 30 mission points per day, i.e. 3 wingman + 21 Space Eagles + minor power-ups.

Now, even if you have already good scores, it remains easy to complete those 10 point missions (where you must beat your previous score on some randomly chosen level). The reason is that you have to beat the score you have set without using power-ups, but you can use power ups to do so (actually, this is really done on purpose since you are never asked to beat your score on levels where you cannot use power-ups, i.e. Eggsteroids, boss or egg levels). The simplest way to do it is to redo the level in the normal way, till you are less than 10k below your previous mark. Then, before letting the level complete, just tap on the Wingman button WITHOUT launching it. Wingman is considered as an extra bird (it does not replace the remaining bird(s)), so that when level completes, you are given an extra 10k for Wingman. Now, completing this mission gives you 10 points, and another power-up bundle, and therefore an extra Wingman, which you can then use for your next mission, and so on.

Now, a suggestion for @admins

In case you are looking for an idea for a badge, maybe obtaining some large but doable number (1000?) of mission points could be a good idea for a skill-based badge. It would change from glitch-based badges such as Anchor Away, Over the Moon or Ham Dunk. Posting a screenshot of the mission screen would suffice to get the badge.

sal9
    @sal9

@sglouk Thanks for the suggestion.

SweetP
    @sweetp

@sal9, IMO if we don’t allow PU scores on the LB, then wouldn’t @sglouk’s suggestion to get the extra 10k from Wingman considered a PU even though you don’t launch him? So if the objective is to beat your own score to complete a mission, using the extra 10k would still be considered obtaining a PU score.

Any thoughts?

burpie
    @burpie

@SweetP Wingman scores are a no-no for the ABN leader boards and the ABN Daily Challenge, but perfectly okay for winning in-game challenges that award Space Eagles & Power-Ups. That’s what @sglouk was writing about.

justpast40
    @justpast40

@sglouk, I can’t believe this is 1st I’m reading of using Wingman for an extra 10k to beat previous score … Wow I could have had lots more points as there were some I just gave up on as I’d already had a great non-mirror score & I wasn’t getting anywhere. I’m itching to improve so many of my mirror scores to above average but that was going to make beating own score for 10 points so much more difficult that I haven’t done so.

@sweetp
    , I agree with what you said about it being a PU score, but I don’t think sglouk is suggesting it’s a valid score to post, only that it be used as a means to pass the beat your own score for 10 points Mission.

Sglouk
    @sglouk

@sweetp
    I was not suggesting to use Wingman for ABN leaderboard, I was bringing everyone’s attention that the daily mission accepts a power-up boosted score to beat the non PU one, which makes mission completion far easier.

A trivial example: I am asked to beat my Pig Bang 1-1 score, which is quite high (28750). If I try it without using Wingman, I may spend hours on it, for a ridiculous gain (no more than 300 points) in the unlikely case I succeed. If I “use” Wingman, then in minute, I will fling a 26k score, which will then be boosted to 36k thanks to the selected but unflung Wingman, and I will succeed the mission. My “normal” non PU score will still be 28750. The only difference is that on the level selection screen, I will have a tiny lightning bolt on 1-1 level planet saying that I (also) completed the level using PU. But when I access the level, the highscore that is shown is still 28750. It is only if I tap one of the PU buttons that I will see the PU highscore.

SweetP
    @sweetp

Ah, yes I understand now. Thanks everyone for clarifying that, so now I’m not befuddled any longer…sheesh!

I’ve been so frustrated at those “beat your own score” missions, I always opted out of them. Now that I know we can use Wingman, then I can unlock BH levels quicker!

Look out piggies!

Anonymous

@burpie @sglouk Thanks for the answers!

@sglouk
    Your post was EXTREMELY helpful. I’m probably not only going to complete more missions but also 3-star some more levels with that strategy.

Also I like the idea of a badge for this :D.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Speaking of Eagles and missions, has anyone gotten a mission to get a feather lately? I used to get them all the time (at least one every few days) at the beginning but I haven’t gotten one in months now. At the time I was skipping them because I didn’t want to start getting any until I knew I would have enough eagles to get them all (this was before anyone knew of the extra eagles you get after unlocking Brass Hogs) but then once I was ready to start getting them I got one mission for one and nothing since.

Heavyrail
    @heavyrail

I have been asked to beat my score on a boss level. And I was unable to.

BTW I found that (on the iPad version of Angry Birds Space) I could play levels without unlocking them first by playing the last locked level (successfully) then replaying it but failing, after which it allowed me to move to the next level, after which you can move to the next after succeeding. But if anyone still has locked levels and wants to do this, beware: once you play a level you may be asked to 3 star it, which can be rather awkward if it’s still locked. (And it’s possible updates may have fixed this feature anyway.)

Sglouk
    @sglouk

@sntrooper
    As far as I understand, you can be asked to feather a level if:
    * it is already unlocked,
    * it can be finished with Space Eagles (therefore no Mirror World level, for example, nor eggsteroids),
    * you did not complete it yet.

If you have completed all such levels, then you are no longer asked to feather one.

In practice, if you had finished all ordinary levels prior to Brass Hogs release, then you could have been asked to feather your unlocked but uncompleted Brass Hogs levels, however, as soon as you completed all those now Brass Hogs levels, then, you could not be asked to feather any level. I presume that this is what happened to you.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Thanks @sglouk. That is exactly it. I never paid any attention to them so I guess I never noticed that they were all for Brass Hogs levels. Odd that they would restrict it to only not completed levels.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum A Question About Angry Birds Space

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.