Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 110 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Sounds awesome! But I wonder what those winning streak rewards would be…

EDIT: Took a first look into it.
    There’s another new thing – you can be given a nickname in the Arena. So either character plus number, or a game-defined nickname – but you can’t enter your own nickname yet. Bit disappointing. In Epic you can enter anything you want. I’d love to call myself RedYoshi45 in AB2 too…
    The text at the right has been changed a bit too. Looks a bit weird now.

Once you chose a game-defined nickname, you can’t go back to characters+numbers.

EDIT 2: Seems the entire Arena layout has been revamped. Looks cool.

Also, this screen pops up when you’re about to lose, showing which rewards are possible if you keep up your winning strike:

Seems you can obtain a LOT of feathers in the Arena again – nice!

I’m happy about this update – more free gifts and cool features. I’ve yet to see this Gravity Pig tho.

I have a bit of a feeling micropigs pop easier now? Can anyone confirm?

EDIT 3: Daily gem rewards have been changed a bit – fighting in the Arena gives you 5 instead of 2 gems while obtaining 10 stars gives you 3 instead of 6. Cancels out each other though.

EDIT 4: Don’t know if that’s part of the update – but I get less feathers in the DC now. Also, no Blizzard. Reminds me of @captsternn kinda. :P

Very minor change, but friend presents can now be obtained in the DC.

EDIT 5: Small free chests are now obtainable every 30 MINUTES. WOAH. That is immense!

EDIT 6: Interesting – certain levels are now marked as HARD levels. 302 for instance.

Hah, sorry that I sound so weird right now. Big new updates make this Yoshi totally excited! :P

Proteus
    @proteus

There’s lot of changing in this update

– Now you can find blue gifts from Daily Challenge and sent it to your friend
    – You get strike or birdie rewards in Daily Challenge
    – There’s reward from getting winning streak in the arena, from 2 until 7 winning streak, but from now on, you can’t change your opponents, and if you quit the battle even you didn’t launch any birds, you lose your ticket and winning streak
    – Now every hard level in this game marked in the beginning with a title ” Hard Level – *** ”

That’s something now i seen so far with this updates, enjoy :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@proteus
    Strike/Birdie rewards? Does the text simply show (it didn’t before this update), or do you actually get feathers, gems or spells for Strikes and Birdies? That’d be nice!

Inability to change opponents? That may anger some players here… but this update really brings more good than bad in my opinion :)

Proteus
    @proteus

@smwforever45 the strike/birdie rewards is extra points like in regular levels. Before this update, you get nothing.

So far, this update is interesting

Oh and by the way, i still found an opponents with all 8 level birds and 5 spells in arena

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Since I don’t play this game anymore (although I am considering it again), can someone show me a screenshot of this new “Card Tiers”? That’s the thing I am most intrigued about. cc: @smwforever45

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@smwforever45,

Correction EDIT 5 : there is every 15 min !

Edit :

4 birds are automatically level 9.
    All the feathers won at the previous maximum level (8) were kept in a stock.
    The proof it is that now, my birds level 9 post under their progress bar the number of feathers in surplus (if level 10 for example).

Good method on behalf of Rovio.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@proteus
    Ah ok. That’s what I expected.

Also, beware – soon you’ll meet level 15 opponents with 5 spells. XD

@datguygamer

The game definitely got better with this update – looks like Rovio is listening to their customers for once.
    At least give it a try… then reconsider. :P

The new tiers’ looks are previewed on the “More Games” screen:

Apparently going up to Elder Diamond which would be rank 15. (Elder Bronze = 9, E. Silver = 10, E. Gold = 11… E. Azure = 12, E. Emerald = 13, E. Amethyst = 14, E. Diamond = 15?)

@grimmjow

I don’t get rewards every 15 minutes. Only every 30 minutes…

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@smwforever45,

Level 10 are available now ?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Another minor change I noticed.
    You know how the “Free Entry” counter in the Arena used to reset when you watched the ad?
    That has been changed – you can now watch the ad and have another ride and the free entry counter will continue ticking as it did before.
    It used to annoy me a bit when five minutes before the countdown ended, I’d watch the ad and would have to wait another 3 hours.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@grimmjow
    I don’t know! My birds are Level 4 and 5 XD
    I can only speak with the preview… I’d assume level 10 birds are available.
    You said you have level 9 birds. Do you have a progress bar to level 10? If yes, level 10 is available.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@smwforever45

No, any progress bar for my birds lvl 9, only a number of feather (stock).
    But maybe lvl 10 will be available only when all birds are lvl 9.
    I tell you soon ;)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@grimmjow
    Oh, so it tells you how many feathers you have beyond level 9, but not how many to the next rank? That’s another new thing then :)
    It’s kinda good Rovio decided to introduce the new ranks one by one.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@smwforever45,

Yes, only a number, no progress.
    Before this update, I was always frustrated to open chests and to receive feathers. Being maximum level, I thought that they were lost.
    But not, Rovio, had preserved them (in a invisible way). And now our stock is visible. For once, Rovio had a good initiative.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Well I am once again back in game I suppose. Those upgraded cards look really fancy.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I’m in awe that Rovio has kept track of all my feathers post level 8. Maybe, just maybe the Grinch has a heart after all. I’m kind of shocked something didn’t pop up giving me the option to BUY the feathers that were kept in stock. Be careful exiting the arena to find a new opponent!! It’s gonna be 5 spell opponents for everyone. Just had one myself. I played well. Scored 5.7 million. Got beat by a million. ??

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

If we analyze, the following level is always worth 100 feathers in more compared with the previous level…
    Thus we have :

9 : 1.900
    10 : 2.000
    11 : 2.100
    12 : 2.200
    13 : 2.300
    14 : 2.400
    15 : 2.500

Total per bird : 15.400
    Total : 107.800

And the gifts which we could find in the levels and which offered up to 100 feathers do not exist any more…
    That is going to be very long…

How can we get feathers ? I don’t play a lot this game so I don’t know.

– Chests on the map
    – Chests every 15 minutes

Others ?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@grimmjow
    The 2.7.1 update re-introduced an old way to obtain feathers – the Arena. If you get a winning streak of 2 you’ll get 30 feathers. For a winning streak of 5, you get 100 feathers. For a winning streak of 7, you get 500 feathers. Not sure if the winning streak stays at 7 allowing you to obtain 500 feathers every time you win the arena.

Also, I STILL get the small chests every 30 minutes not 15 minutes. XD

EDIT: Hey, I may know why you get chests every 15 minutes… Did you buy the Mighty Eagle pack? If yes… I don’t have it. No wonder XD

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

Free chests every 30 minutes?!
    Mine are still the same as before, 12 hourly (after I got the mighty eagle upgrade, previously just daily). The upgrade occurred after I logged on earlier today and had claimed the gems for daily quests so perhaps the extra gems and frequency of chests won’t kick in until tomorrow?
    Played the first 2 new levels of the Hamalayas and beat both at first attempt, whereas I rarely had two consecutive wins in the levels immediately prior.
    However, 583 is marked a ‘hard’ level and will doubtless need more than one go to beat.
    When you strike the new gravity pig, it goes upwards in some pretty sparkles, before falling back to earth.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@djangosmum
    Yes! I get free chests every 30 minutes, ever since I claimed my first free chest this morning!!! You should be getting them every 15 minutes like @grimmjow.

EDIT: Neat little gimmick I noticed. Instead of Red introducing you to every single level, you’ll have today’s star of the DC introduce you to the DC (in my case, Mathilda welcomed me to the Daily Challenge) – and in boss levels, the respective boss will appear and say something. Chef Pig only laughs evilly. Foreman Pig is the bossy one while King Pig is the scared one. “Help! The birds are here!”
    The game is growing some humour and I like that.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@smwforever45 – I can see why you are so excited – would be too to get chests every 30 minutes, never mind every 15!

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@smwforever45,

Yes I see the new reward in Arena.
    And in Arena ? other way to win feather ? Sometimes I need to “open” card of birds for win feather. Why and how I won their ?

Thanks

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Wait, what? You can’t decline an opponent any more? Are they at least more evenly matched and not bringing tons of spells? Think I am going to wait for this week’s tournament to end before applying any updates.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@grimmjow
    At the 3rd and 6th winning streak you’ll get a red chest. They can provide feathers too.

Also, if a “!” appears on a bird, it means you can get some free feathers for it. It happens every 24 hours and the amount of feathers you get is your current star count (top left corner) plus 10. So if you’re rank 28, you’ll get 38 free feathers every 24 hours.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@captsternn
    After a single loss, I currently have a winning streak of 4. That’s more than usual – the opponents seem more fair. I even got a worse-levelled opponent than myself.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@smwforever45

Seriously for the free feather ? Need to up my rank lol

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.