The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2170
  • 159669 Comments
  • @Kelani Since you've been nice today and let me stay in first place, I'll go look at #33 and see if I can post a Rat SRAT for you. I've been too busy before now. The finging hordes have been nipping at my furry feet.

@fenikus I'm going to follow in the footsteps of Franklin Delano Roosevelt. I plan to serve forever and die while still in office.

Edit: @Presidentialpagechanger
  • @Rat You actually followed that #29 strategy you just affirmed? It didn't make any sense to me. If you do exactly what he says, the bird hits the white tower, not the top.
  • I'm confused @Kelani. Was it #33 or #29 you wanted help with? It couldn't be #33. I just flung the obvious shot and improved my top score checking on it for you.
  • BTW @Kelani I just got 131950 shooting the blue button on the left asteroid at full speed. One birder. I'm going to look at it a little closer before I post a strategy.

Edit: I didn't know, but @hallieginb has already posted this strategy.
  • Yeah back to #2
    Now just less than 30k to catch the Rat :-((((((
  • @Kelani I can't understand why the scores on that level are so abysmal. I've barely flung at it and on both occasions have score better than 131k.
  • WTG Mrs. Bunny. It gets easier the higher your score gets. Trust me.
  • Hey everyone. Hey OB I'll take a hmmm..uhmm Surprise me with something strong! !
    @estar thanks for the kudos on the backup but i should have said I couldn't have done it without Help.. easy for someone who knows what their doing lol.. but nope nooo more lost progress; )
    I give up on level #8 Pa I'll go back when I'm finished. .its slowing me down and frustrating the fling out of me:(
  • @Rat #33 I know you hit the button. But what next? Does red push the big boulder into TNT, or does red push the rectangular block into TNT? And then what'd you do with next bird or birds? That's why scores are abysmal. There's something about your first shot (and #2, #3 if you used them) that's clearly different.

#29 I just saw your reply and went to see if you'd posted a strategy there. But you only replied to one that makes no sense :P
  • @kelani, on #33 you want to aim at the top left corner of the ice block. Red should bounce up at a 45ish degree angle into the boulder, the boulder then hits the tnt, the tnt pushes the boulder down and crushes the tower. At least one of the other boulders to the right of the tower that sticks above the gravity well should also fall and start crushing the right tower. Hopefully that should clear it up a bit. If you have more qeustions, please mention me. I'm busy baking a cake for my dad.
  • Exacty what @Lyrian said @Kelani. And again, it's a one birder. I did shoot a couple of 126k three birders while I was flinging. But I approached them differently.
  • @kelani @rat, I did not say it's a one birder. I described the first shot in detail. I still use the ice bird to take out the left stone leg on the central tower, turn the ground debris into ice cubes and then have them crushed by the falling tower.
  • @Rat @Lyrian Thanks guyngirl. That explains it. Nobody mentioned 1-birder on that page. hallieginsb=2, mvnla2=3, Lyrian=2. I've been doing 3-birders since I got get 118-122k with plenty of debris left. I could get 126k with a miracle shot, but not 131. That's why I asked.

I guess this is another BR #19, with a 1 pixel sweet spot buried in the aiming trajectory.

edit: @Lyrian btw that shot #2 is a bit confusing, since unless you shoot bird #2 within 5 seconds, the falling boulder makes the original left leg cease to exist. So nobody can know *which* left leg you meant :)
  • I said one birder at 2:28 on this page @Kelani.
  • IMO, the sweet spot is exactly a 1x1 pixel square. I don't know if it's a platform difference or not, but I can aim at what appears to be the exact same spot 10 times in a row and receive wildly different results.
  • All you need to do is find the sweet spot @Kelani. Power was full so you don't need to futz with that.
  • @Lyrian There are platform differences, It's probably not one, but it could be. Tiny spot like that seem to be universal, although I can't really prove it on ipad.

edit: I hope this isn't another DZ-22 where PC can't make the shot. That would suck :P
  • Ha ha I just figured out why @Kelani is having so many problems with #33. He's playing it on his PC. On my I-pad, there's a small star right in front of the blue button to line up on. It's perfect.
  • @kelani, same here, full power. I may have a screen size problem. I play on my cell phone, which is a lot smaller than my monitor or a tablet screen. What appears to be the same spot may actually not be.
  • @Lyrian yeah, the resolutions are different, but in theory they should still be proportional. If I could find an ipad app that displayed the current coordinates onscreen, that'd be easy to check. I have one on Testbox, but haven't seen anything weird enough in Beak to make me test any levels.

@Rat you mean that dim star that's a hair below and to the left of the button/ice'cube's top left corner? I have that when fully zoomed in. It's what i've been using all along. Aiming near/through it gets the red-boulder-tnt OK, but doesn't leave anything 2b-able.
  • @lyrian, I admire every one who plays this games on cellphones. Once I started on my Iphone, aweful scores. My wife, in that time, uses a Ipad for work. So bought the game also for the Ipad and start playing. Omg, suddenly I could direct birds, saw what I did. Probably to do with age, older eyes, thick (ow, there we go again!) fingers. Last year, I had to travel each week for about a year to work, 3 hours in train. Toke the Iphone and tried to play - it was pathetic. So stopped with that.
  • @rat -- It's HallieginSB (for Santa Barbara).
  • Hi @mvnla2 ;) apparently they are all wrapped up in the flinging that they don't bother to say hello anymore..can i get you a glass of wine?
  • R.I.P Casey Kasem :(
  • @Kathy really? I thought he'd been previously dead.

@bernersenn I'm with you. AB on a phone takes a special kind of talent or masochistic personality.
  • Did someone mention BR #19 ?
    Living nightmare, aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh! Wake me up, please
  • And good evening, ladies and gents. Or seeing you're all on the other side of the pond, good day
  • @kathy -- Thanks! I'll save the wine for this evening.
    I haven't been saying hi to everyone / anyone either. But then I've been told that I don't say hi or bye a lot in real life either. : )
  • @hunnybunny hello hello!
    @bernersenn I hear ya. I'm not sure why I still play on the phone except it's super portable, and my tablet is a first generation Asus with a battery life slightly longer than the attention span of a toddler. I prefer to fling outside anyway.
    @kelani it is true that they should be proportional, the flip side of that is that it requires proportionally small movements to change your aim and I am twitchy from drinking too much coffee. Or my aim changes as I lift my finger from the screen., it drives me batty.
  • @kathy @mvnla2 hello to you! I'm a bit distracted, making a cake for my dad for father's day. I only notice people talking to me when they mention me and my phone starts beeping.
  • Good Night Mrs. Bunny.
    Hi @Mvnla2 Thank you. I love being corrected.
    Where ya been @Kathy?
    Ta ta @Bernersenn
  • Yvw @mvnla2 :) and yes @kelani it was just on the news!
    He's been in the middle of a bitter custody dispute the last few months. .seems kinda odd now he died:/
  • So'k no worries @Lyrian :)
  • Oh wait @Mvnla2, I love being correct. That's better.
  • I've been busy @Pa real life crap..lol
  • @Lyrian mouse drives me batty. It does the same aim-shifting thing, and they're so imprecise it's really hard to move 1px in any direction. That's one thing I like better about ipad. If I want to micro-adjust my aim, I just rock my finger on the screen. It picks it up pretty well. The workaround is to pull back much further than you need to. If I'm pulled back to the far left of my screen, that larger arc removes the imprecise mouse movement.

@Rat Got 123k, but still a 3-birder :P If I don't see a hint of 1-birdability by tonight, this one's going in the tester.
  • @Lyrian if you turn on Airplane mode and shut of wifi on your tablet the battery will last longer. .I use my tablet to fling and phone to chat :)
  • @kathy the rat is messing with us. It's only nine o'clock here
  • Ooh lol @hunnybunny I missed that!
  • @all I just use an extra long power cable thingy! I find Beak wears down the battery on the old iPad very quickly
  • @Kathy Not odd. The judge allowed him to be taken off of life support. Wow, I thought he was much older than 82.
  • All hail the whhhiiiinnne. 124k 1-birder. Not great, but I'm not picky.

edit: make that 127k. Interesting. You have to aim noticeably higher on PC to equal what happens on ipad.
  • !oh @Kelani I didn't know that I really don't keep up with celebrity news I just happened to see it over the last couple months.
  • @kathy I think the major problem is the age of the tablet, the battery has a memory and there is no easy way to replace it.

@kelani I do the same aim trick on my phone too, it helps but doesn't totally solve the problem. Do you have a mouse with an adjustable dpi setting? If you turn it down super low, you'll need to move your hand a large amount to get a small movement on the screen. It might help.
  • I thought he was like 90 lol
  • OK I'll fall into the trap and be the first to say

Scoooooobbbbyyy dooooooooby dooooooo

His passing,as the voice of Shaggy, made the news here,too
  • Gotta make a phone call. Bbiab
  • @all got caught up in real life, actually have to head back again, but wanted to apologize for leaving so soon. Hope all are enjoying a relaxing Sunday!
Post in the New Forum!