The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2136
  • 159670 Comments
  • @Karen68, 114K with a 2 bird DCB, and that's without trying really hard. 130K+ is possible with 1 birder DCB.

We should ask the new top scorer how he/she got 110K. I can *possibly* see a legit 1-birder approaching 110K though it's extremely unlikely. With 2 birds, it's impossible for sure.
  • @Kelani, just google "how to play Angry Birds right handed." Easy-peasy.
  • I'm with you @kathy.. G'night! Catch ya tomorrow :)
  • Thanks @fenikus. I flagged the score, but who knows.
    Hey have fun playing Space. It's fun, but different. Enjoy! :D
  • @Karen68 *hands you a glass of WwwwwHHhhhhiiiiiiine* :) good luck. btw, I'm sure several people have flagged that new 110k score on #3.

@Fenikus @Sweetp I just sent a PM to BL asking for a status update. If I don't get a reply in, well, ever. One of you try it :P

Fenikus - I googled it and found nothing except "hold ipad in left hand and use your right finger"
  • @karen68, @fenikus and @kelani I've PM'd Slim and BL about the score in BR-3. It's obviously from the DCB glitch, so it will be removed.

Time for flinging, so I'll see y'all later! One last wwwhhhhhhhiiiiiiiinnnnnneeeee! WWHHHIIIIIINNNNEEEEEEE!!

OB, I'd like a Chocolate Lovers Martini please. 1-1/2 oz. Godiva chocolate liqueur, 1-1/2 oz. Creme de Cacao or Bailey's Irish Creme, 1/2 oz. Absolut vanilla vodka, 2-1/2 oz half-and-half, and chocolate syrup for the rim. I'll take whatever is left in the shaker, please. Thank you, you're the best! Yummmm!

GBFNIMBBIDK
  • @Kelani -- Seems I forgot to answer your question about Malibu. I'm pretty sure it's not the one in CA, because it was originally made in Curacao, per Wikipedia.
  • @mvnla2 Also per wiki, the only non-California places named Malibu are:
    - an RV park in British Columbia
    - a condo in Toronto and
    - a housing development in New Delhi. :)

It has to be your Malibu. The rum is a coconutty-beachy product, and Malibu is a world-famous place, therefore it's makes a great brand name. That trick has been an advertising staple since the 1600s.

btw, Malibu Rum's originated in Curacao, but made in Barbados now.
  • @Kelani -- Guess you're right. Turns out Malibu comes from the Chumash Indians who lived in the area. I had no idea it was that unique.
  • Space Cosmic Crystals, level 1: A 50 point improvement from 36,950 to 37,000 bumped me up more than 100 places on the leader board…hmmmm

Edit: And additional improvement to 37,210 gets me to only 47th place even though I'm only 420 pts behind the top score. Hmmm….
  • And don't you forget it @Kelani.
    SS Benign Dry @Rat lol
  • @fenikus welcome to the craziness of Space. :P Some of those levels are over-challenged

@Rat I know! I made a list of anagrams for Bloated Pig, but I've gotta condense it down from the 700 that made sense. There are a lot of "Pa" ones, i,.e, "It Be Gold, Pa"
  • @fenikus what @kelani failed to mention, along with all those strange close scoring levels, is the absolutely mad, but extremely successful strategies that the top players come up with. How they do it, I have no idea. I just dabble in Space (mainly Cosmic Crystals) and am totally in awe of @burpie @happyshake and, although I hate to say it, @rat lol
    Expect I'll have to dabble in the "Beak" tomorrow, take my mind off the torturous visit to the dentist in my (extremely long and very expensive) course of treatment :-((((((
  • @hunnybunny I'm in that dental boat as well. Fortunately my dentist is a cool old guy with only a few patients, so my 1-hour visit turns into afternoons spent talking and screwing with his dental tools. Doesn't affect his bill, though :-((((
  • Thanks @Hunnybunny. I know that hurt more than your dentist visit will.
  • Any of you know what time of day the updates usually become available?
  • Argh! Haven't played Cosmic Crystals in ages, sure I was in the top 50. Now 104.....

{adults only} @kelani "screwing with his dental tools"?
  • Mrs. Bunny, I'm sure you're right but i don't expect I'll be reading those upcoming BI strategies any time soon. I find I do much better when I find my own way around the level (which may or may not be the same as others') so I don't watch walkthrough videos or read comments for a while on new episodes. I do watch the LB and it is my gauge how well I'm doing. Example is BR-10 -- I thought I was doing really well until I saw @bernersenn's 155K score. That told me there has to be a 1-birder strategy so I went on to figure it out. I don't know, I'm just not good at following other people's directions…I never was ;)
  • @kelani 0800 hours GMT normally

And exactly how hot was it yesterday when you were gardening?
  • @fenikus I too never read the walkthroughs and strategies, but for an entirely different reason. I just like to three star, and possibly get above average on my own. I can count on one hand (possibly one finger) how many innovative strategies I've come up with!
  • I will say one thing, your outlook on the game matters quite a bit. Last night when I started playing CC levels to get to COD level, I was kind of dazed and confused. Then I realized that Space is basically a very weird version of billiards (which I'm fairly good at). As soon as I made that mental switch, my scores started improving.
  • @hunnybunny {letdown} No, He's an inventor and uses a lot of his stuff in his practice, so when a supplier sends him some redundant device to test, he'll play with it doing unintended things until he breaks it, like cleaning his daughter's diamond ring with a drill,

It was only around 88F/31C yesterday, but the humidity was 95%. I can handle Southwest US 120F temps @ 20% humidity, but that 95% just kills me.

{heartfelt} Thanks for the update timing info. It'll come out right about my bedtime..
  • C'mon @Kelani, you know there will be no bedtime tonight.
  • @fenikus you're right there. I started playing Seasons, some are splay and pray, some take precision. I played Rio mainly, to start with, with my niece, and it's sort of Seasons, but more expansive, if that makes sense.
    I played Space, initially, to get the Anchors Aweigh badge (all Rats fault) and it's entirely different.
    My least favourite (forgive me SW players) is Star Wars. Got the MoE badge and the PoTJ, just to get the badges: it's slow, boring, one bird madness
  • @fenikus I'm was once a billiards master as well, maybe that's why I like Space so much. It helps once you get used to the Space-only features, although Space Eggs may drive you insane. One thing you gotta try: After flinging Terence, when he gets near pigs, single click and he'll roar. Pigs get scared and jump in the air, sometimes off the screen. They get hurt, die and can collapse structures. There's also anecdotal evidence the roar speeds Terence up a bit, and can increases damage when done at impact. I use that trick every time, but nobody else seems to. One of my side projects is to find a level where that is the secret for a new high score strategy. I figure they had to add it for a reason.

0800 GMT = 3AM. I have a hard time making it up the stairs past 2:00 :P
  • @kelani about 77F here yesterday, but little humidity. Today it can't have gone above 55F and was poring with rain all day (not our Welsh drizzle, real rain) at least my plants didn't need watering!
  • @hunnybunny I still can't get that {blankety-blanking} Anchors Aweigh badge. I see the movie come on TCM and it just makes me feel bad.

edit: It's been very dry here. This year I was smart and got a huge soaker hose to leave out in the garden.
  • @kelani woo hoo little red makes the piggies jump in Seasons and no one remembers that either
    Off to watch Andy Murray in the French Open
    See you later.....
  • @Kelani, interesting. When I used to play a soccer goalie (until a 100 mph cannonball mangled my finger), I used the Terence trick: when an attacker was one-on-one with me and a goal was imminent, I'd start roaring as I'd dive for the ball at player's feet. More than half the time, they'd get confused and fumble the chance ;)
  • Oh that Andy Murray is torn in my (and Novak's of course) side...
  • @fenikus rofl. That makes my crack about your becoming a Certifiable Nester suddenly seem valid :P I bet that strategy did work great, though. I know I'd miss if some weird goalie started making childbirth sounds at me.

The closest I came to that was in kiddie soccer. I thought I was the logical choice for left wing, since I was left-footed, nevermind my 0% shot accuracy. Coach'd instead make me a quasi-sweeper for my block and steal skills. I also was prone to yell taunting attackers with "C'mon ya sissy punk" and other unprintable stuff. Worked great until we hit the locker room. :)
  • Yay, my new 802.11n router finally arrived. Cross your fingers that I don't brick it during the Linux install.
  • Careful @Kelani. That new router is not defunct but it's still electrical equipment. Keep talking about the weather which is NOT {Boring as Hell) :=>
  • {happy} Murray polished off Monfils in the final set
    {accepting} a fellow Serbian hates to see Novak beaten, but I expect not by Murray in the French open
    {woman,type,thing} Nadal!!!
  • So sorry to hear you didn't make the cut @fenikus. But only the best are selected to go into Space. (It didn't help your chances that I'm on the selection committee)
  • Dang it, #20 rank on yesterday's COD level after 30 minutes of flinging didn't get me qualified. I knew I should have studied ROT13 more for the test :(
  • @fenikus take no notice of the Rattus Rattus selection committee. I'm in. He knows I can't beat him.
    You are excluded, you can
    And no more ROT code please
  • I got #3 after 20 minutes with the wrong thumb @fenikus. Now that would have qualified you. But @Burpie #2, @Kelani#6, @Hunnybunny#9, @bernersenn#16, and @Karen68#18 all made it. The Daily Challenge was the last qualifier. Sorry, we had to put the cutoff somewhere. It was #19. So close. Apply again soon.

Edit: We'll still be accepting scores until midnight EST, 4 June 2014. Good luck.
  • Btw @Hunnybunny. CongRATs on your great score on the challenge. You have been cleared for launch into Space at 0800 GMT.
  • Oh, and @fenikus. Helping me with my I-pad orientation almost got you the honorary "Good Samaritan" Space position.
  • Whew, thanks Mrs. Bunny, I should have known I was being messed with. I received an official looking ABN notification also telling me I didn't make the cut for Space launch. But instead of the usual BL signature, it was signed by someone with initials "KK". There seems to be some foul play involved, for sure.
  • Foul or rodent play?
    Goodnight all.
  • Last comment @kelani he-who-does-not-fling calls TCM "Totally Crap Movies" but it doesn't stop him watching them......
  • @hunnybunny {incredulous} *blink* that's...amazing. As far as I know, TCM is the only channel not yet destroyed by craptastic reality programming. If he dislikes it so much, he can always watch AMC or Lifetime. At least then his hate would be justifiable. :P

{snarky} Maybe he's just ashamed to admit he likes musicals?
  • {Confused} are we now posting our state of mind before posting ?
    Actually not a bad idea {pleased}
  • @Kathy After morning coffee there's an hour where I'm not awake enough to move around, much less use dangerous tools. If nobody's here to yap at, what better use of the time than to leave y'all a present (while picking on Rat: bonus) :) Seeing 'SS Benign Dry Rat' is the most serendipitous moment of my life.

The 'Bloated Pig' anagram list is almost as good. When I get it pared down, I'll post. :)

{cheerful} I suggested it to warn people about boring paracetamol or broken electronics topics, but it is kinda useful for mood too.
Post in the New Forum!