Level Glitches & Bugs (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 5
  • 1033 Comments
  • Regarding the facebook levels and Big Pot o Gold not opening...I had that, as well as all my golden eggs no long available except those in Halloween... However, I made the wise decision to backup IMMEDIATELY before I updated via iTunes as well as copy the highscores and settings files individually as well. As luck would have it, when I noticed this bug, I restored those backed up files and all of my facebook levels and lost golden egg accessibility (as well as scores) were replenished...so far so good on keeping them since I restored those files. I made the decision to backup those files immediately before any update from past experiences. Hope this helps someone. (Also, if you have a backup via iTunes, you can simply extract the files individually that you want to restore if you have the right tools. Not at home right now so I can't tell you which program to use, but it does come in handy. I can report it later if anyone is interested)
  • Hey guy's,

Me think's there's something amiss with the score boards these last 4 days.

Anyone else notice?

I have the 3star's on all levels, so now my only joy is to improve my score,which i have been doing and enjoying my rise up the leaderboards, but the last four days have ended in huge disappointment. Although i have made my usual increments i find that instead of rising several thousand places i either stay in exactly the same position on the leaderboard or am several thousand places worse off.

illogical captain!!!!!

I TY.

• @bubblegum -- I assume you are talking about gamecenter score boards? If so, I have not noticed that (I seem to be rising in ranks, ever so slightly).
  • Bird Leader, everyone else: I currently understand the exploding Santa Hat bug was supposed to be fixed. However just now, on Seasons Greedings level 25, I was trying to get Total Destruction. Well, I was getting high 90's with still many snowballs on the screen, but all of a sudden my next attempt blew every single snowball OFF THE SCREEN, outward from the Santa pig. Looks like the bug wasn't properly fixed, or at least the bug still exists for the Mighty Eagle. Interesting...
  • tx C.T., Now I am puzzled, yesterday, had same result improved on my score but remained in the same position on the gamecenter scoreboard.
    Surely this can't be right...5 days now... improved scores each day on different games i.e. seasons, Rio and Angry Birds and as i said either remained in EXACTLY the same position or I found I had dropped down hundreds of places......
    Anyone have similar or like C.T. all normal?

tx again C.T.

• You can certainly fall in position if other people are passing you. I don't see why that's unreasonable.
  • AMslimfordy tx 4 your comment, I have been playing a while now and am used to what i can expect in terms of change and i'm telling you, something is not quite right....i'm not talking about one session, but 5 sessions... to make no movement what so ever after improving scores each time can't be right, plus i have just had another look to maybe give you a good example and what do i find. Since last night i have now moved up over two hundred places on Angry birds seasons, but guess what? I didn't even play on that one yesterday.
    Something is up.

Anyone!!!
  • @BirdLeader
    Regarding my earlier post, do you know why the Santa hat still explodes? I understand that it was meant to be patched a while ago, but was thinking that the bug may still exist with the Mighty Eagle.
  • Honestly, I don't have SG-25 on the original list of Santa's Hat levels. Nor can I duplicate this event. Seems you simply caught a bug. I hope you go the feather with it!
  • Haha, I definitely did! I was getting 99 percent-ers with about 1/3 of the snowballs left, and when the hat exploded, only 2 snowballs were left sitting on the ground! If the destruction gauge went further than 100% I would have easily gotten 150%.
  • Can anyone tell me, does this seem right? After bettering my score on RIO'S WAREHOUSE I advanced 749 places on the leaderboard total score, but stayed in the same position on the Warehouse total score.

anyone explain ?

i ty
  • Say you beat your previous score by 500 points. There were 749 people on the total score leaderboard within 500 points of you, but there was no one on the Warehouse leaderboard within 500 points. Seems fine to me...

Also you have to factor in the delay in update within GameCenter.
  • Thanks AM. i wondered about the delay factor ...but wouldn't both update at the same time? only seems to happen on the warehouse section, but if u say it seems ok i guess it is......
    tx again.
  • @bubblegum -- I stopped paying much attention to Gamecenter scoring a long time ago -- between the hacks, delays in updating of scores, and other bugs, I find Gamecenter just next to useless. I find the leaderboards on this site much better to guage progress, etc.
  • Not overly important, but I noticed with the most recent AB normal update, my White bomber bird reinflates after a few seconds of uh..deploying and rolling around. Weird
  • Dear C.T, Thank you so much for your advice......i was just about to tell of my latest findings... asking how i had moved up 30 thousand places on the rio/jungle level without playing on it for 2 day, even so 30 thousand...lol.
    tx again bud.....
  • Had a glitch with Moon Festival 1-1. I got a nice score with one bird left over however that spinning water wheel thing hadn't been completely destroyed and it was still spinning so the level never completed, the mighty eagle button never stopped pulsing, and I never got the 10,000 points for the extra bird. The level stayed in this limbo state for a long time until I just restarted it. It's annoying because it would have been 3000 points over what I've been able to get since.
  • Has anyone had trouble with the Facebook levels? I hit the Facebook icon and it wouldn't go to the Facebook page or open the levels.
  • @AMslimfordy Old bug for your list. Golden Egg #6 (treasure chest) is unobtainable on the PSP.
  • @BirdLeader I don't think that's the only one. Isn't Golden Egg #8 (double-tap the sun) unattainable as well? I will tentatively add both.
  • I can't get to the achievements or leaderboards on my iPhone. I tap on the icon and nothing happens no matter whether I'm in Angry Birds Rio, Seasons or the original. I used to be able to and now the icons just blink but don't link. Anyone else having this problem? Help
  • Try logging out and back into GameCenter manually.
  • @AMslimfordy Yes, you're probably right, but I can't say with 100% certainty either.
  • Trouble with the following achievements:
    Seasons - Bright Side of the Moon
    Seasons Free - Block Smasher Free
    Rio - Have 48 out of 50 achievements, what are the two I'm missing
    I have an iPod Touch.
    Please help, getting very FRUSTRATED !!!
  • @kinky

No one has "Bright Side"; Rovio is aware and working on it.
    Seasons Free may be a new one. I would advice contacting [email protected] about it.
    You cannot obtain the last 2 achievements in Rio.
    -- Fruit Salad (Obtain one of each fruit) cannot be earned until Episode 6 is released.
    -- Multi-Millionaire (25M points) I think something needs to give there, but who knows. That's A LOT of points.
  • do i have o earn 25M points in total or will every score (when i beat a level twice) added?!?!
  • I believe it is 25M as your total score, but it is a very lofty score. There must be more levels in the future, like the Golden Beachball levels.
  • @kinky -- seasons free block smasher is not bugged (at least it wasn't when I played it and got that achievement). Guess it could be a new bug....
  • did anyone notice in the newest version of angry birds rio, the level 9-11 is were you have to bomb an airplane?
  • Yes, several people brought that up on the walkthrough page; however, it was purely coincidental and in the latest update levels 9-10 and 9-11 have been switch so it's no longer the case. Note, only iOS has received this update so far.
  • @AMslimfordy Interesting. Too bad he doesn't know how he got them.
  • Solved my problem. Deleted AB Seasons Free, saved Game Center. Installed again, and Block Smasher achievement finally was accomplished.
  • Why does the bid red bird sometimes destroy everything in its path and sometimes seems to freeze midair and do nothing?
  • @kinky did you replay all levels or backuped your device with iphoneexplorer! i deleted absfree and reinstalled it but i didnt replay all levels! i didnt got the achievement! ! any ideas?!?!
  • got it! deleted absFree played the 3rd st.patrick level about 20 times and got the achievement for smashing 500 blocks! now i synced my old scores via ifile (cause iphone explorer didnt work whysoever) and got all my stars and scores back! yeah :D
  • do you think that this methode would work for the 500000 achievement in original ab? btw do i save my feathers when i save the highscores.lua and settings.lua ?? ideas?!?!
  • AB block smasher...just followed everyone's comments here and played Egg #14 over and over and I got it.
  • *sigh* AB Smash Maniac (500K) still hasn't happened for me. I've played hours on end since May 2010, played Egg #14 so many hours I could scream and nothing. Glad to know they're looking into the Bright Side of the Moon issue.
  • Moon cake seasons glitch...earned all pieces of moon cake and three stars, then this morning they are deleted and I have to earn all over...what a pain!
  • Trust me...that is NOT related specifically to Mooncake...I've had that issue for quite some time...Emailed Rovio, but it's useless. Never heard a response, and I even sent in my backup files, the current files, and a list of the changes (feathers earned, levels 3 stared, etc...).
  • @zebrajames400 and @heathen
    This is not at all widespread and sounds like a one-time glitch. If it persists, you likely have an issue with your settings.lua and/or highscores.lua files.
  • I have seen, heard, and experienced many times on this board where this is an issue where Golden Eggs disappear and or previous unlocked levels are gone. I agree that it is an issue with the files you mention, but the problem is that apparently they become corrupt by the offending game somehow.
  • sorry if im off to-pic but i recentl;y bought angry birds rio. are those pineapples and stuff supposed to be like the golden eggs? because i got 15/15 golden pineapples for episode 1 and nothing. what are they for?
  • They are like golden eggs, but no bonus levels for finding them. Rovio may add levels in the future, they said.
  • Hi!

Hmmm.....heres is my Rio's Scores:

-Warehouse 994

-Jungle 1965

-Beach 1898

-Carnival 1794

-Airport 619

BUT BUT my total scores is only 15.613 !!!!!!!!

I don't understand whys that ??

Also I have all awards
  • @vmmh What scores are these? All scores end in 0s.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!