New Group! ABN Members' Map has Moved to Groups Page 11
  • 554 Comments
  • @all Still hoping for more members from China, the first member to join from Japan, Korea or any of the other countries that are not represented.
  • @all -- Between Winter Wonderham and the upcoming AB birthday celebration, there must be lots of members frequenting ABN who haven't joined the members' map yet. Please consider joining. It's a good way for your ABN friends to find out approximately where you live and what time zone you're in.
  • brave1966
    USA
    Mountain Time
    Somewhere in the Rockies
  • Will update later today. Need to find the right house in Aspen for @brave1966.
    Thanks @AustinRHL. Courtesy of the MVNLA2 Global Real Estate Brokerage, you can choose your dream home if you would like.
    @PenguinLover -- Summer home in Antarctica coming later today also.
  • @AustinRHL -- Interesting observation about big cities. I also lived in a big city while going to college. Maybe there aren't as many AB addicts because there are so many other interesting things to do.
  • @Brave1966 -- I sent you info on your dream home in a PM.
  • Awesome @mvnla2 can't wait 2 live there
  • @Brave1966 @AustinRHL @PenguinLover -- You're all on updated map.
    Some comments:
    Brave -- I'm disappointed the street-level view doesn't seem to work all that well in the Rockies. You'll have to use the real estate link I sent you to see your view.
    Austin -- Google put you at the Federal Building in downtown Chicago. Let me know if you would like a virtual dream home. Please send address by PM.
    PenguinLover -- Street-level view doesn't work at all in Antarctica. When you open map you need to move map to the south so you can see Antarctica. On the table, your summer home is at the very bottom of the last page.
  • Oh ok thx 4 telling me @mvnla2 can't wait 2 c my virtual dream home in Antarctica
  • @mvnla2 Nah, the Federal Building is fine. I prefer to live modestly, so I won't ask for a penthouse downtown or a mansion in Kenwood.
  • @Penguinlover -- You will have to imagine your dream home in Antarctica -- I don't think the lack of street-level view there is temporary. The best you can do is look at where you are on the map.
    @AustinRHL -- Is ??? an upscale neighborhood now? I've heard it was a hundred years or so ago, but then it went through a bad period.
  • Alright im imagining my dream house now @mvnla2
  • @mvnla2 It's possible it's still in its bad period to some extent, but it most certainly has some giant houses. I go to school on the South Side, so Kenwood's mansions are the only ones in Chicago that I've seen with my own eyes. There are presumably nicer neighborhoods on the North Side, but I rarely venture north of downtown.
  • Deleted by user
  • @TienShenLong -- Welcome!!! You are the first person in all of South America (except for my avatar). Will get you on map later today.
  • @smayn
    Denmark
    4500 egebjerg
  • @TienShenLong @sMayn -- You're on the map. Let me know if I made any mistakes. Thanks for joining.
  • THANKS... lets see it...
  • WOW... really I'm the only and lonely from continental sudamerica... for a while... but I've see there a explorer from Chile on a remote Pacific island... hope he still active to use spanish too from time to time.
  • @TienShenLong -- The explorer on the remote Pacific island (Robinson Crusoe Island), is my non-Christmas avatar, a Juan Fernandez Firecrown (a hummingbird). He probably understands Spanish, but you probably don't understand hummingbirdese, so good luck with the conversation. There are some other Spanish speakers from Mexico and Spain.
    FYI -- If you click on the dots, it tells you who is there. Also, the table, which is searchable, is easier to use if you are looking for a specific person.
  • @all A suggestion for a New Year's resolution: Join the ABN members' map. Helps your fellow nesters figure out the time differences.
    Locations are approximate, but if you want, you can pick a dream house in your approximate location. This option is fairly new, and I haven't had time to look for mine, but several people have dream houses.
  • @all -- I'm thinking of asking to have this made a group, so it won't keep disappearing? Any comments?
  • Last to celebrate the New Year in ABN? Looks like it is @Waimea on Hawaii, or anyone else on those Islands. First would be those living in Australia / New Zealand or ???
  • Still have lots of empty time zones on the map:
    UTC-1 Eastern Greenland, some Atlantic islands
    UTC-2 Greenland, some Atlantic islands
    UTC-3 Parts of South America (Brazil)
    UTC-4 Parts of Canada, Caribbean, South America -- Although I think I have incorrect time zone for @DocTonyNYC?
    UTC-9 Alaska
    UTC-11 is a few US and NZ islands in the south Pacific
    UTC-12 is empty ocean and a couple of uninhabited islands
    UTC+12 is far eastern Russia, New Zealand, and a bunch of islands in the south Pacific, and parts of Antarctica
    UTC+11 is Russia (~Vladivostok) and yet more islands in south Pacific
    UTC+9 -- Japan and Korea, of course
    UTC+5 -- Not sure where to put India, which is UTC+5:30! If Moscow is UTC+4, may have UTC+5 empty?
    UTC+4 Russia (Moscow), western Asia, islands off the east coast of Africa; may have @Zolotko86's time zone wrong?
    UTC+3 parts of Russia, eastern Africa, near East
  • Jan housecleaning completed. I deleted all old maps and tables from Google fusion tables. If you bookmarked an old map or table you will need to access the map and table from links on the first page.
    A reminder -- there is a new link for the map and table every time I update them, so best to always use the links on the first page.
  • I'm thinking of having the members' map moved to groups. Would appreciate your comments.
  • Should the members' map die a graceful death (sink into oblivion on page n of the forum)? No one has joined for a month; I suggested that the map become a group, but no one has expressed interest.
  • I think the problem is that all the users who want to enter already have. I also think that this would be a good group.
  • @mvnla2 i think a group is a great idea ,i do check the map often but don't always comment
    I agree also with tas many members have already joined..maybe we need to h hit the campaign trail again..
  • I agree with @theanonymoussomeone, the map is a great idea but not many people know and the people who do and want to join have already joined.

And yes, this would be a good group :P
  • I think your map is such a great idea, it should be somewhere on the main site. So a group would be a great start. I use the list quiet often to check the timezone difference. Also I like to view the map every now and than to see the lovely collection of birdie friends all over the world. But like the others, I don't really comment, just use it a LOT. So maybe it does feel a bit under appreciated, but believe me, you did an amazing job with this members map and list! Thanks for that!
  • I too agree that your maps are so useful. again I pop in and out to check who lives where and time differences I would hate for them to go. A group would certainly get my vote. Who do I send it to?
  • I'll add my thoughts but it'll be a repeat of above comments. I use the map quite a bit but just don't comment as I think is the case with the majority of users. As the others have said you have done a fantastic job & I'd hate for you to think it wasn't appreciated. I do think the map belongs as a group:)
  • Thanks all! I will ask BirdLeader to make it a group. I think the admins have been pretty busy lately, so hopefully this week will be a little less frantic. Will let you know if more support needed. Your support here should be enough.
  • Well shoot add me to the list who think this is a great idea!! If it wasn't for your maps I'd never know who's where or what time it is!! Not to mention it would be nice to have it in one place instead of having to search for it as it moves around! Heck I'd be a member in a flat second!!
  • I love the map and the database!

AustinRHL commented he was surprised there were not more people from Chicago. I was thinking the same thing about the Seattle area.
  • Yay!! Members' map will be moving to groups. Stay posted to find out when it happens. BL said he needs to get some ducks in a row first. But I think he needs to find some ducklings first.
  • Well done @mvnla2 That's great news!
  • Yes cool to see the Members Map in a group soon :-)
  • cc jolly, already available
  • Yeay @mvnla2 that's great news!! :)
  • Thanks @pjng :-) but where can i find it??
  • On this site top yellow bar, commnity, all group.

Or direct link to you. http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/groups/abn-members-map/
  • @pjng why, in your opinion, there such few members from Asia, particulary from Japan, Korea and China? I believe that they are pretty good in understanding written English so there are probably no language boundaries.
  • @cosmo2503, most of asian native language is not english, also poor in english, in china and south korea there gov are restrict to some of other site (not sure this included or not), in my country native is malay, in country you said most of them just visit there own language site.

Hope you can understand my english.
  • @BirdLeader -- Thanks for doing this so quickly!
    If anyone wants to join the map, please do so in groups.
    Top gold bar, community, all groups.
    Thanks @PJng for being first member!
  • @mvnla2, this discussion will close by admin after this?
  • @P Jng yes this forum discussion will be closed it is now in group ..found under the community on the yellow bar up top of page
    If you like to join the group..
    Also if you like a discussion forum you can find the Bloated Pig forum
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!