Prince Porky and Mechanic Pig are back in a new Bad Piggies update that includes a new Sandbox level, “Little Pig Adventures”, as well as a new Gearbox part. Bad Piggies v1.6.0 is now available for iOS and Android via Google Play and the Amazon App Store.
This update includes:
- A GIANT new Sandbox level: Little Pig Adventures. This level is similar to Field of Dreams in that it has 40 boxes to obtain (walkthroughs).
- Gearbox Part: “Ever wish you could put your contraptions in reverse? The pigs now have the technology. Add the gearbox to your contraptions to travel to the right AND left!” I have yet to find this part in the inventory. If you’ve found it please leave a comment below and let us know where to obtain it.
- Quickly switch between three different contraptions. Tap the compass icon to the right of the pause button and you’ll see three icons labeled: 1, 2, and 3. Tap these to switch between the different versions of your contraptions.
- You are now prompted to enter your birthday and sex before you’re allowed to continue into the app. Presumably this is to tailor the ads, but I could be wrong. I sort of hope it is, as in recent weeks I’ve seen a number of ads that are definitely not appropriate for young kids. If you share a device, you might consider entering a young age.
From Rovio’s blog post:
Since it’s launch in 2012, Bad Piggies has reached over 100 million downloads – thanks to the big part played by a strong community of avid pigineers! To celebrate, the piggies are back with something new. The new update includes a huge sandbox level, Little Pig Adventure, and a new part – the gearbox. Players can use the gearbox in their contraptions to travel in reverse. It sounds simple yes – but for the pigs, it’s groundbreaking technology.
Can you harness the power of the gearbox to create the ultimate flying/rolling/crashing machine and steer the pigs safely to their destination?
The new Little Pig Adventure sandbox pushes players’ engineering skills to the limit with new parts to collect, slippery icy surfaces, a huge play area to navigate, and new achievements. Collect all starboxes, and add some new parts to your collection!
Read the complete post here.
Congratulations to the Piggies for 100 Million downloads, and congrats to our very own Pigineers on the name drop, as well! Hope we can convince @les-toreadors and the rest of the Pigineering crew to start building some amazing new contraptions! If you guys haven’t seen the amazing videos Pigineering produces they’re definitely worth checking out.
- Check out our walkthroughs for Bad Piggies! The newest levels will be online soon.
- Our Complete Hidden Skulls Guide is there for you!
- Need help in those massive Sandbox levels? Some of the boxes are tricky, so our Complete Sandbox Guide is a good reference.
- Got a need for speed? OurRoad Hogs walkthroughs can make you go faster!
Based on hints given by Rovio on their social media pages, this is the just the start of things to come for the Bad Piggies in 2015. Are you excited for the new sandbox level? Are you clamoring for more piggy action? Do you have a sudden craving for eggs? Add your squeals, oinks and thoughts in the comments below.