Begin transmission! Let’s hold hands in celebration, as the Angry Birds Transformers Deceptihogs Revenge update is now available for iOS (v1.3.18)! Android users were lucky and got early access to this update almost a month ago (via Google Play).
To coincide with the update Rovio has also released a brand new retro-style animation that explains the next chapter of the story. Per YouTube:
We’re dusting off the old VHS collection to show you the next chapter in the Angry Birds Transformers saga! The Autobirds and Deceptihogs have teamed up against the EggBots, and they have finally gotten their hands on the powerful EggSpark. What will happen next? Will the greedy Deceptihogs share their prize with the Autobirds? Not likely…
See how the saga plays out in the latest update to Angry Birds Transformers: Deceptihogs Revenge!
Let’s jump into what this update includes:
- EGGBOT ACTIVITY DETECTED in Cobalt Valley. Detecting a spacetime distortion effect. Proceed with caution!
- SKYWARP RECRUITED for Piggy Island destruction missions.
- EGGBOT MALFUNCTION – Eggbots now creating Golden Egg Domes. Engage in these missions for massive rewards!
- 5 new characters: Thundercracker, Jazz, Brawl, Grey Slam Grimlock and Dark Megatron
- New characters automatically mean new areas, one of which is Pig City that contains 4 level areas, so that’s a total of 8 more level areas which means even more coins to collect
- A leaderboard that shows the total pigs you and your friends have popped
- New achievements, which means more ways to earn gems
- The recently mentioned Pig City is a whole new environment that has its own soundtrack and some new mechanics
- Character customization – you can buy stuff for your character that will make him look cool or, presumably, make his battles easier (I don’t know much about this feature because the items cost gems). Some items are actually from the Transformers series and movie, e.g. the Autobot Matrix of Leadership for Optimus Prime, Lazerbeak for Soundwave or a crown for Energon Starscream. Each character gets a Christmas hat for free
- The characters now form squads that offer bonus coins when the squads are complete. There is a total of 8 squads to complete, the squads are made of from 2 to 4 characters. I personally have already unlocked the new characters so now I have all 25 characters and my coin bonus is 40%, so I guess it’s 5% from each squad
- When looking at squads, you can click on a character to see his description
- Better performance
- The characters’ stats have been adjusted
- There is a Quests feature in Teletraan 1, but I have no idea what it’s supposed to do because it currently says “No quests” (probably because I downloaded the update quite early)
- Your ‘thank you’ or ‘thanks for nothing’ moments from the last battle are now photographed and you can choose to share those photos via Facebook
- Energon characters are able to regenerate their health in a battle by collecting energon cubes
- A new soundtrack for the previously introduced forest environment
- According to @gulgor0, “fireballs shot from Mortar Towers now have an even lower splash radius, now even standing one meter from them doesn’t hurt you;”
- Some characters have new firepower, e.g. Bumblebee now shoots his rockets in bursts.
Note: if you experience any gameplay crashes that are outside the norm head on over the forum. You may not always find a solution, but it’s helpful to keep track of those having problems.
Due to the holidays Apple currently isn’t releasing updates, so I imagine this won’t land on iOS until at least the week after Christmas. Doh!
(A BIG thanks to @josm for providing these)
/ End transimission …