Yes folks, as we suspected, Angry Birds Star Wars v1.3.0 has been released and there are lots of great galaxy-saving adventures in your future! The update has landed for iOS, PC, Mac, and Android via Google Play and the Amazon Appstore, with more platforms coming in the near future.
Attention Amazon users: Be sure to download v1.3.1, which resolves the crashing issue from the initial release.
Attention PC users: v1.2.0 has landed for PC today, which includes the first 20 levels of Cloud City and Boba Fett’s Missions. All inquires should be directed to the v1.2.0 release post, which includes plenty more information.
Update for PC users: v1.3.0 landed on 14 August. We created a separate post to announce the release, but this post likely contains far more information in terms of general advice.
This update includes:
- 20 levels in the epic finale of Cloud City! Walkthroughs are ready and can be access through the Cloud City page.
- 2 Bonus levels: The 10th star level unlocks at 640 stars, and it is the ninth droid that you are looking for. Our Droid and Bonus Levels Guide is there if you need help.
- Lando Calrissian appears with the unique ability to fire not one, not two, but three laser blasters at once!
- Power Ups with in-game score distinction! We have more about this below, but in-game score distinction is certainly great! Reminder: No Power Up scores on our AB:SW leaderboard, please!
- 4 new achievements for iOS. We’ve updated that page, so who’s your daddy now? ;)
- 5 SW characters to unlock! As an added bonus, you now need to grant AB:SW permission to use Twitter from the Characters page.
- Toons fan? Check out “Boba’s Delivery”, now available in AB:Toons!
Power Ups have made their move from the Facebook version of Star Wars to the mobile app, but they came with a new in-game score distinction. In other apps with this distinction (e.g., Space and Seasons), you can only view your best PU score by using a PU again. With Star Wars, however, both scores are displayed simultaneously! This is a very cool system.
The Power Ups added to AB:SW are the same as appear in the Facebook version:
- Clone Bird: Add one more bird to any level! The cloned bird matches the bird already loaded in the slingshot, I believe.
- Thermal Detonator: Melt the Empire’s defenses with the Thermal Detonator, a small explosive that will stick to the first structure your bird touches.
- Blaster Droid: Attach a blaster bolt shooting droid to your bird’s head!
- Lightsaber Sling: Energize the slingshot to increase birds’ speed.
Now for prices:
- Clone Bird
- 10 individual: $1.99
- 20 (+10) individual: $4.99
- 50 (+20) individual: $9.99
- 100 (+50) individual: $19.99
- Individual TD, BD, or LS
- 30 individual: $1.99
- 70 (+10) individual: $4.99
- 150 (+20) individual: $9.99
- 300 (+100) individual: $19.99
- Bundle of TD/BD/LS
- 10 each: $1.99
- 30 each:$4.99
- 65 each: $9.99
- 140 each: $19.99
- Walkthroughs for all Star Wars levels, including Cloud City and the Boba Fett Missions and hidden jet packs.
- See our Complete Droids and Bonus Levels Guide if you need help unlocking those!
- Total Destruction video walkthroughs using the Mighty Millennium Falcon can help you earn your gold medals. Our walkthroughs for this update are live to help you out.
- For a complete list of all achievements available in Angry Birds Star Wars, see our page.
- Think you can take on the best? Compete on our Star Wars leaderboard. But please, do NOT enter scores using Power Ups on our AB:SW leaderboard.