PC users woke up to a nice surprise, as the latest Angry Birds Rio update (v1.3.2) is now available and includes all 30 levels of Airfield Chase. This also means a new flock of users will be hunting for those hidden apples, so if you need help be sure to check out our walkthroughs. This update comes about a month after the last Rio iOS and Android update, so check out that post if you want to know the nitty-gritty about v1.3.2. Lastly, don’t forget to compete with the rest of us on the Angry Birds Rio leaderboard.
This update includes:
- 30 new levels in Airfield Chase
- 15 new hidden apples
- A new boss fight (shown in screenshot below)
- Pro tip! Try to hit the luggage. It’s worth 5,000 points!
A few tips regarding upgrading the standalone version:
- The in-game updated only checks for updates periodically (though some users have reported problems), so if you’re not getting prompted for an update and are in a hurry you can download a new installer from download.angrybirds.com. Updating this way should maintain your progress just fine, but if you want to be safe backup you LUA files first. Those files are typically found in your /user/AppData/Rovio/ folder, but that path can vary slightly depending on your version of Windows.
- If you update in-game it will download a new installer and overwrite the old one, so if your keen on keeping the older version (just in case you want to revert) backup the installer. This is probably something most people don’t care too much about.
A big thanks to angrygreg for being the first to tip us off about this update!