Plenty of piggy potions are ready for you to mix, with the Angry Birds Short Fuse Aftershock update (v4.1.0) out now! The update has currently landed for iOS and Android via Google Play, with more platforms coming soon.
This update includes:
- 15 new levels in the “Aftershock” update to Short Fuse, listed under Chapter 28. If you need help our walkthroughs are live here!
- Chapter Numbering Change: Please note that the chapter numbers have changed in all levels after Birdday Party, a delayed reaction to the v4.0.0 update that landed a few months ago. We will be adjusting both our walkthroughs and our leaderboards to reflect this change, but it may take us a little bit to do so. In the meantime, exercise caution when entering scores on the ABN Leaderboards.
- Bad Piggies contains Chapters 21-23 (previously 20-22);
- Red’s Mighty Feathers is Chapter 24 (previously 23);
- Short Fuse contains Chapters 26-28 (previously 25+).
- No new Golden Egg is this update, but our complete guide has been updated to reflect the chapter changes noted above.
- Helpful Tip: If you are experiencing any issues with a level not completing promptly, there is a “Fast Forward” button that appears in the bottom-right corner once all pigs have been popped. This will force the level to end, tally your extra birds, and show you your final score. While not a new feature, it can still be helpful!
- Just a friendly reminder that Power Up Scores are not permitted on our Angry Birds (ABo) leaderboard. Using a “Shockwave Black Bird” that is given to you in the starting lineup is perfectly fine. It is only considered a Power Up if you click on the PU button (not available for PC, but just emphasizing).
Be sure to neutralize your static charge before flinging into these new levels. The Shockwave Black Bird will be itching to light up those sneaky pigs!
Power Up University
Also included in this update for mobile platforms is a new mini-chapter called Power Up University. This is similar to the Playground episode of Rio introduced in the High Dive update. Here’s a rundown of how it works:
- To access Power Up University, first enable Power Ups (click the gear on the front page, then the lightning bolt). Next, click
Shopping Cart > Power Ups > Stella(bottom-right corner).
- You must use the designated Power Up to play the level (Super Seeds in Level 1, King Sling in 2, Sling Scope in 3, Birdquake in 4). For this reason, we will not be creating Leaderboards for these levels. However, you will be welcome to post your scores and strategies on the walkthrough pages, which will be live soon.
- You cannot use any other Power Ups other than the required one. In a sense, this is similar to the practice levels in Angry Birds Friends for mobile devices.
- Completing all 4 levels will earn you a x20 Power Up Bundle (5 of each PU).
- Note: The Super Seeds functionality has changed. Previously, the active bird would be enlarged. Now, all available birds are enlarged.
Awesome! Already 3-starred all levels!!!
Nice one! You don’t have any of the mighty eagle 100%
@AMslimfordy, can you please bump the score cap on 28-15? It won’t take my 259k. More points available, I’d recommend a new cap of at least 280K. Thanks!
Thanks @dmsral I’ll do that in a few, once all this post fun is finished. :)
Simple 3-star srategies, first try each and every one of them, not aiming at record points, is available in may album, see the comments to the screenshots:
off topic: You can now play #AngryBirdsFriends tournament levels on Android & iOS without logging in to Facebook!
I went to the app store but i saw ”Open” on Angry Birds in the app store instead of ”Update”.
It probably updated on its own. That happened to me, too.
It got fixed.
Great levels. Been playing since this morning. ;)
Look forward to seeing this on either PC or Android!! Initial levels were enjoyable!!
@terribletom its out on android allready, not for PC yet
@josm, Thank You!!
First, all the Pigs in episodes 1-8 (as well as Surf and Turf and Golden Eggs) are now the newer style, the way they’ve been in the recent updates.
Secondly, the images for the powerups have changed (kinda small, I know, but still a change).
Third, I looked in the data files. There are only 31 GE levels, meaning there are no new Golden Eggs in this update; none hidden in any levels, and none for 3-starring the whole chapter.
Finally, I was going to mention the Power-up school, but it seems AngryBirdsSpaceMaster already got that for me.
Nooooooooooo. Just signed into my rovio account in Angry Birds, and it wiped out all my stars for short fuse, and half of them for reds feathers, and all my feathers for those two levels. Complete disaster. I was up to 748th in the world on Game Center, and now I have to do a whole ton of levels again. I even lost the level which had the mega high score. Waaaaaaaah! Last time I ever sign into my Rovio account. Anyone else had this?
But weirdly I just signed out, and they were restored, so disaster averted. Seems progress somehow only recorded if you’re signed in when you make progress. Definitely not signing into that ever again!
@gavza When you sign into Rovio Accounts, all progress made while not in Rovio accounts disappears. Then, when you sign out, it returns to the data info saved on the device (progress made while signed out of Rovio accounts).
It happened to me!!!
But I couldn’t retrieve my scores. Lost them :( signed in or out. They just vanished.
I don’t know what to do. I’m lost!!
I don’t get the point of the Rovio account then – if you have to remember to log in every time before you play, as soon as you forget to do so, you have no inventive to ever do so again. It should determine if your current progress is further than the progress associated with the account, and if so, ask if you want to replace it with what’s on your device. I see no reason to ever log in again otherwise.
@gavza If you log in once, you will stay logged in unless something happens with your device (e.g., factory restore). We are actively working with Rovio to try to improve the functionality of Rovio Accounts, as there are a few issues with it. For now, I’d highly encourage you to refer to our backup guide as a precaution.
I guess I either logged out inadvertently sometime, or there’s a bug that logged me out. Hope the improve the functionality so that I can use the account again.
I had to log in again with this update too. I hope Rovio changes it so our scores are both on the device and in the cloud. There are a lot of places where I live, where we don’t have cell phone towers or wifi, so I can’t play in those places any more.
Question regarding Power Up University – Where do I find it again after I played through it the first time? I played the levels yesterday, but now I cannot even find them to play again.
You go to the Power-ups store, the levels may be there.
Same directions listed above should work @burbman. Shopping Cart > Power Ups > Stella.
Is the reward of a 20 power-up bundle for completing the Power-Up University level-set a one-time thing?
Also, could we be looking at a tease for a new feature that might make its way into other AB apps?
It first showed up in Rio, so I think it might keep rolling.
And yes, it’s a 1-time reward.
Darn! I was hoping for a new piggy potion.
@amslimfordy: Is there a leaderboard for the Power Up University levels?
@chriss No, there won’t be.
Thanks for the reminder in the video post about the changes in the level numbers. This was very helpful in a spread sheet to track the levels I have played.
Went through and 3-starred all the levels. I do not know what it is about these Short Fuse levels but they are fun to play. It must be the potions, background or the action of the birds. Now I have to go back to get an above average score.
Hope Rovio continues is this type of game developments for ABs. Like the format and playing action.
After this update: Angry Birds Original:
– 1584 stars total
– 483 feathers total
is this correct?
3 short on feathers @joeyba. Pursue like the Playground levels, but choose Mighty Eagle instead. Three trial levels there.
@amslimfordy, I have 486 feathers, but the green bar is not fully filled.
That’s correct @chriss. I suspect the system thinks there’s 15 more for Egg Defender Levels in RMF.
i cant find the other 3 feathers!! Where are they? ;(
Directions included 2 lines above…
i found them !!! hehehhehe
@amslimfordy, found the 3 missing, thank you
Any news on a PC version of this update? Please please don’t make us wait two months again.
Four months have passed… and still waiting (and a total of four updates missing for pc)