We’re excited to announce the biggest Angry Birds Space update to date is now available for iOS, PC, Mac, and Android via Google Play (Android Market) and Amazon (read the note about this below) with other platforms coming online soon.
Many users are reporting that this update deletes their existing progress. Proceed with caution! and possibly turn off automatic updates for right now. Before updating be sure to backup your progress. For help with that you can check out our Ultimate Angry Birds backup tutorial (Android can be a bit trickier to backup, but it is doable).
Further Update: As of 9 August, it appears that Rovio and Amazon have solved this issue. We still encourage you to backup your data, just to be safe, but all seems to be well again.
This (v1.2.2) update includes a bunch of goodies, which we’ve broken down below:
- 20, yep 20!, brand new levels in Utopia!
- Ten bonus “Space Egg” levels unlocked for each 10-levels you 3-star (basically, one per page of levels)! That is, if you 3-star levels 1-1 through 1-10 of Pig Bang, you unlock Bonus Egg S-1. So to date, there are 3 bonus levels in Pig Bang, 3 in Cold Cuts, 1 in Fry Me to the Moon, and 3 in Utopia. Sorry, none in Danger Zone, which is sort of expected since it is not universally available.
- Orange Bird! He has a cool new outfit, but his behavior is pretty much identical to the other apps. Sorry, no backstory into how he made it into Space, but we are glad he’s here! It’s also neat to see how he flails about after deflating. Space isn’t going to be kind to the newest member of the flock.
- Antenna Egg! The shoot-able “Antenna Egg” vaporizes and explodes surrounding items and is available in the bonus “Space Egg” levels. From what we can tell it seems to be quite powerful., so proceed with caution.
- 2 new Golden Eggsteroids! Be sure to check out our complete Eggsteroids guide, which will be updated soon.
- 3 new achievements in Game Center, so be sure to check out our Angry Birds Space achievements page.
- Update: The Score Addict achievement thresholds for Pig Bang and Cold Cuts have been raised to reflect the three “bonus” levels added to these episodes. We have updated the achievements page and leaderboards to reflect this change. Note that if you had already earned the achievement, it will not be taken away from you.
- Boss fight! We assume that this takes place in the last level of Utopia and may be against the “Fat Pig”
The Space Eagle is Now Available for Amazon Users!
Android user are now able to purchase the Space Eagle and Danger Zone via the Amazon Appstore! Everything seems to be similar to the Google Play release of these features in v1.2.1, so definitely check out that post for details. Between that release post and our fantastic Space Eagle guide, we should be able to answer every question you have about these features.
- Our 3-star walkthroughs for the bonus “Space Egg” levels! Some of these levels are really challenging. You can also add your scores for these levels to our leaderboard (note, each “Space Egg” level appears in its respective chapter).
- Utopia 3-star walkthroughs are live as well! Not to be left out, there are some really hard levels with high thresholds, so don’t be affraid to check them out. They are great fun though!
- The Angry Birds Space Utopia leaderboard is ready for your scores.
- The Complete Golden Eggsteroids guide has been updated with the two additional Eggsteroids.
- Lastly, check out the achievements page for the three new achievements.
A big thanks to everyone who commented about this update. I actually check my phone before I even rolled out of bed. Now that is dedication! Enjoy some complimentary imagery from this awesome update while we work on getting everything online!