Where have you found the AB plushes?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Where have you found the AB plushes?

• I am looking to buy some of the older birds and pigs stuffed animals-plushes my son calls them :-) I’d really love the Mighty Eagle, but sellers on Ebay and Amazon have them well over $200.00 now. We would also love some Halloween ones,construction pig, or winter themed.
    I see Rovio isn’t selling plushes directly anymore. Any ideas for paying a reasonable amount for some of these?
    Thanks!

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Replies
  • SweetP
    @sweetp

@abepa, most of the plush toys are available at your local WalMart, Target, ToysRUs. You could also try looking on CraigsList. Good luck in your search!

ABEPA
    @abepa

@sweetp I’ve checked those stores you mentioned around us, and I’m lucky if I see any plush at all. Maybe when they first came out, and just the basic ones, but not the specialty ones. Craigslist might be a good idea, I’ll check there. I get so frustrated with Amazon and Ebay where people basically scalp the stuffed animals for hundreds of dollars now..thanks anyway!

SweetP
    @sweetp

Oh my that’s crazy @abepa! I just did a search and I can see how outrageous some of those prices are. I mean, really? $299 for a 16-inch (jumbo is how it’s advertised) Mighty Eagle?!?

If you’re unsuccessful with CraigsList, there are several that are reasonably priced, check this Google Shopping link. Hope you find some that your son would like!

ABEPA
    @abepa

I know! I thought $100.00 was expensive for the Mighty Eagle when it came out, but now my son wants one to make more of his plush videos with and the cheapest I found so far is $220.00! Thanks for the link to the Google shopping. He’s not too into the sports themed ones, but there are some winter ones listed that he doesn’t have.

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

Ha! Having pillow pricing issues? I used to collect Angry Bird plush toys back in 2010 and 2011 and there are virtually no local retailers that carried Rovio merchandise, and those specialty shops that would pop up in touristy areas charged as much as $50 for a small red bird. As though I needed any further excuses to totally boycott local retailers here!

I found some very affordable original Rovio plushes on Ebay, bought many of them and sold them to friends at “below market rate” to share the joys of reasonably-priced Angry Bird pillow ownership :)

Just for laughs @abepa – You haven’t seen the ultimate amazon.com listing for a plush piggy yet:

Behold! The Ten Thousand Dollar Postman Pig!
    Ten Thousand Dollar Postman Pig

Rovio took my lighthearted post really seriously and investigated for real lol!

I’d love to see a Six Million Dollar Pig someday.. King Pig with real gold crown, maybe? :D

ABEPA
    @abepa

WOW..and we have that one. Maybe we should sell it for 9 thousand! LOLOL…It kind of ticks me off when people ask outrageous sums for these stuffed toys. My son uses them in his videos and we’d like to have all the older specialty pigs but the ones I can find are just so ridiculous, that I may just order doll hats and use regular plain pigs..

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

To be fair many of those absurd listings are run by bots/computer programs so they don’t follow any sort of marketing logic whatsoever. There are many hilarious stories shared about bot on bot price wars on the most ridiculously small items.

The idea of using plain minion pigs with simple dress up works great. Here in the Pigineering department we have someone making plush toy videos with 3 moustache pigs (one with hat, one normal, one tiny), a giant minion pig (as Fat Pig!) and a medium King Pig.

I suggested the Fat Pig is so fat he could wear human-sized hats. Minion pigs can also easily ‘cosplay’ as girl pigs with simple hair bows. Also the owner of that plush toy army wants to raid a Build a Bear workshop to get spare hats! He wants to do some Dr Pork roleplays if he can find some doctors’ tools and headgear too.

ABEPA
    @abepa

@les-toreadors
    I didn’t know those listings were made by bots! It makes me feel better..I thought people were just being ridiculous.
    OH! You have a channel too? I’ll have to add you to our “channels we like” on Youtube. Our main character is “Big Pig” who is larger than “King Pig” and all his minion pigs. I didn’t consider build a Bear. Great idea! Thanks!

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

This recent video we made for the Bad Piggies 2nd anniversary has all the pig play examples our food reviewer in Texas does :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STU6HSZKP2w

ABEPA
    @abepa

oh wow! Nice videos..we do plush videos, game play(some Bad Piggies with his character Big Pig talking), and toy reviews at http://www.youtube.com\geekygamergal

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

Thanks @abepa I’ll check it out and subscribe :)

Speaking of plush toys, the amusement park that opened near where I am living right now has a large stock of plush birds at reasonable prices. Then again paying Malaysian ringgit for anything is always awesome! However there is one ‘epig fail’ – they don’t have a lot of pigs. Only small kings and small/medium minions. Pigs are not halal. hahahaha!

ABEPA
    @abepa

Oh that’s funny..not halal…

Kirben
    @kirben

Are there any online shops still offering Angry Bird plush for sale for decent prices? I have tried numerous web searches, without much luck. The prices on Amazon, eBay and similar markets continue to get worse and worse. Especially for the pigs with hats, and Halloween set.

I noticed Commonwealth Toys still offer several Angry Birds plush via their online shop ( at http://www.commonwealthtoy.nyc/angry-birds/ ), but they only ship to the USA.

Anyone know what happened to the left over stock from the official Angry Birds shops, that Rovio used to run? as they were the only places that offered Angry Birds plush without sound, which are very difficult to find now.

I’m located in Australia, and still searching for the Chef Pig plush (very rare) and the Halloween set (Pumpkin Pig and Wizard Hat Yellow bird seem rare). I managed to get a Postman Pig plush, but it took several years to find a reasonable price via eBay.

trishohara
    @trishohara

Does anyone know why Rovio stopped the official Angry Birds shop? I loved buying there.

Kirben
    @kirben

I wonder why the official Angry Birds shops were closed too, the products still seemed popular enough, and they had frequent sales on different products. It was the only place to get certain plush sizes (12 inch), and plush without any sound. The official Angry Birds shops closed down too quickly too, right after a sale, and some items were out of stock already.

I managed to find most of what I wanted, although I ended up paying too much for a few items. Would it be helpful to keep posting links to were product can still be bought directly? are there others still looking?

Rebecca
    @ilovechickens77

I was wondering if anyone has seen any fat pig plushes. I am looking for one for my brother.
    Please reply if you know where any are.
    Thanks, Rebecca

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Where have you found the AB plushes?

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.