Update 1.6.3

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Update 1.6.3

• Game has not worked since the last update came out. This is driving my crazy since I am so addicted to this game. I play on iPad. It tells me I can’t play unless I download the recent update. This is supposed to be happening automatically and the little updating thing usually comes on. Anyway, it opens a new window in the App Store that remains blank and tells me it can’t find it. I have tried various ways to get past this and am now at my wits end!! Did this happen to anyone else? BTW: So happy to find this forum.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
  • Cheryl24k
    @cheryl24k

Weird!! Today is says I have version 1.5.3 and just yesterday it was version 1.4. Device is still saying no updates available.

Nothing
    @autobird

This sort of thing happened to me also! It has nothing to do with updates and versions, but it may lead to the conclusion that Rovio has now lost interest in AB Go, which would lead to piling bugs and glitches. I was doing a sub-zero time boom, then the game crashed. I opened the app again, and ALL MY PROGRESS WAS LOST. Like, start all over in Seedway with just Red as my only racer. Since I didn’t have a Rovio account, nothing much could be done. I was extremely angry at the game(which seems a little childish yes I know) because I finally finished the air episode. For those who still like the game, I’m afraid it’s days of yore are officially over…

Cheryl24k
    @cheryl24k

That’s depressing! I do have a Rovio account at least. Opened one when that stupid state farm advertisement gave me a cybermeltdown.

hooksfan
    @hooksfan

I gave up on Angry Birds go nearly a year ago. Game was crashing way to much. Did everything that Rovio suggested. I think Rovio has too many games on their plate.

Nothing
    @autobird

I think that is totally true, though a little strange coming from an angry birds fan site…

janmej
    @janmej

@autobird I get the zeroing out of progress and Golden eggs every time I crash on sub zero too. You’re on iOS, right? The thing to do is:

1) right after the crash, open the app and you are prompted to save to device or cloud. Make sure you choose cloud
    2) then do a hard reset of the app. Close it down completely
    3) open it and your progress should be restored

I hope it’s not too late. Otherwise you should write Rovio. I’ve had them restore my progress twice. My team mates and I from the team ABGOFORIT have made a long list of bugs to Rovio, amongst others addressing that particular issue.

Nothing
    @autobird

@janmej I wasn’t able to send a reply to you for some reason;kept getting message that said ERROR. So I sent you one by email.

janmej
    @janmej

@autobird I think we have to be friends here at the forum in order for me to recieve emails from you, so I added you as a friend.

Cheryl24k
    @cheryl24k

Okay, got reply:
    Hello,

We had some issues with our servers and this might cause you to receive random update notifications. However, we have now fixed it and you shouldn’t now be seeing any update pop-up. Please get back to us whether the issue still exists or not.

Kind regards,

Nadir
    Rovio Support Team

So, I tried it again. Still no go. Will keep y’all informed. My reply to the support team is below:

First time I tried today it went through a couple screens to where it’s a picture of the racers, then went straight to the app store. Just tried it again. The screen with the start/finish line came up with a square in the middle of the screen that said: “Update Required! You need to download an update to play.” I chose Ok below the message. The box disappeared but the screen remained. Just checked the version, it now says 1.5.3

Cheryl24k
    @cheryl24k

I’M BACK!!!!!!!!! For no apparent reason it suddenly updated! I ran the daily race. It feels different now. Can’t wait until I’m out of work to play!!!

nacho18
    @nacho18

Good @cheryl24k : know would you like to Race on our Forum.
    The Forum : Calls . ABGo.! Challenges.!!! How Far you Are!!!.
    Take a day and visit us : you will see many goodies on ABGo! Game we are Really Amicable . Please Try.

Cheryl24k
    @cheryl24k

Thank you @nacho18 I will go there today. Was so excited to be back in the race! Handling changed a little but, I’m getting used to it.

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Update 1.6.3

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.