Upcoming Event – Dangers From The Deep (Elite Guardian) New Helm

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Upcoming Event – Dangers From The Deep (Elite Guardian) New Helm

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 249 total)
  • Replies
  • KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

What is the best setup versus one strong enemy? I think Lightning Bird (Time set), Elite Seadog, Elite Skulkers is very effective combo. Seadog makes Gung up on Skulkers. Lightning Bird makes Skulkers to attack. Skulkers makes Rage attack…. Anyone knows about better strategy that do bigger dmg?

burbman
    @burbman

@kennymcc – Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on a team. If you have the finisher set for Bomb, it can really speed up the end of battles. I personally use Elite Tbird along with Elite Sea Dog and Elite Skulkers, so I get the combined damage multipliers from Skulkers and Tbird, plus two Sea Dog attacks per round. When the opponent drops below 50% and the Finisher bonus kicks in, Sea Dog can do over 18k damage per attack for me, sometimes twice in the same round. Works wonders against single strong opponents, and in the arena against the banner.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 @kennymcc Elite Samurai is what I hoped. They way they are going, they will us the most useful classes the last.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@kennymcc

I agree with @burbman. Going with ETbird is far better. I use this lineup in arena right now with TJ proc(since the opponents are so weak lately). Sometimes I finish an arena battle in one turn, using Bomb’s Finisher & Skulkers Ballista set.

I also wish I had come here 1/2 hour earlier, I love bashing Illusionist. He is a sorry sack of —-. @smwforever45 is right though, Guardian is pretty useless as well?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    Don’t forget Artillery on the Blues.

@datguygamer

I actually think they won’t delay Samurai so much. I’d say they’ll give us the remaining Event classes and the remaining second classes. Samurai is probably going to come after that. Wizard, Spies and Capt’n are three super useful classes – those would likely come in last. :(

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@kennymcc @smwforever45

Illusionist would be one of the most useless Elite classes for me too. Guardian can be somewhat usfeul. It used to be my go to Red class when I sarted out in this game and all my birds were so weak. It prevented me from being destroyed all the time. It packs as much attack punch as Illusionist and lowers the target’s attack.

Cleric is definitely quite useless. My go to used to be Druid as the healing power was good and the vines meant it could die and still make damage (early on my go to team was Guardian, Druid and Rogues). Nowadays, I much prefer Elite Bard or Witch. Elite Witch would be awesome and be my wish for the next one. Elite Rogues after that, then Treasure Hunters. But Rovio will do as they please ;)

My Elite SeaDog will be my next bird to upgrade and will finally get to M15. Just upgraded said Illusionist to M14. Still useless ;)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    Yeah there are several classes that I use almost never, like u said Guardian, Cleric, or Priestess, Knight, Avenger, StoneGuard. Frost Savage is not that bad, but I prefer other Bomb classes :)

No, dont say it about that Stone Guard and Illusionist :) U want me to lose my last hope ;)

Yeah I want Elite Wizard and Elite Spies :)

@datguygamer
    I like Samurai too. I am really curious about its Elite graphics :)

@shapokomanbeast

I cant agree with u. Ofcourse your TBird setup is good too but I think that it cant match LBird setup :) LBird setup: U have to count all dmg done before the enemy can act. 1st round: Skulkers dmg + Seadog dmg, Skulkers rage dmg (enemy is stunned) + Seadog dmg; 2nd round is free because the enemy got stunned: Skulkers dmg + Seadog dmg, Skulkers dmg + Seadog dmg, Seadog dmg. Now u can compare it with TBird setup :)

@burbman
    I use Scissors set for Bomb because I have it on level 10 :)

@smwforever45
    Artillery set for Blues is ideal against single enemy, but I have Beep set at level 10 and Beep set has good chance to do some extra dmg even to single enemy :)

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@kennymcc

Sorry I have to disagree with you because using this setup I can defeat birds in one turn in the arena provided a well placed TJ. Unless you can say the same for lightning bird I’m afraid you can’t convince me

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@shapokomanbeast
    Sorry but we talk about single enemy strategy. I dont understand why u started to write about arena here? And why do u think that I wrote about arena if I wrote about single enemy.

Edit: BTW U cant count with TJ as I dont count with TJ on LBird – there is too low chance to count on it every battle. It is only pleasure suprise or luck if u get TJ.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@kennymcc
    I just used arena as an example because burbman brought it up. This strategy works against single strong opponents even better so unless you showed me the damage output for both cases and it definitively proved lightning bird’s superiority, I would have to disagree.

Not trying to make a big deal about it because you are certainly more knowledgeable about this game than I am. I just think you are wrong if you think lightning bird setup is superior. I don’t have the time to research like some here do and being technologically challenged makes it impractical for me to do so but the basics of this game suggest ETbird’s superiority against stronger opponents.

I’m also not telling you how to play your own game you can use any strategy you like but you asked for opinions and I have mine. Unless you have quantifiable data to suggest otherwise, I suggest we leave it at that.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@kennymcc
    You are right about TJ but evidence still suggests that multiple damages is superior to Lvird strategy and you mentioned time set for Lbird which relies on the same fluke as TJ. Lightning set is far more reliable based on percentages

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pixelyzed
    I can’t find any use for Guardian now. I exclusively use Samurai and Paladin…

@kennymcc

Avenger isn’t that bad, if you can manage to keep his health low he’ll become a heavy hitter :) Priestess is awesome in combination with SG, Samurai and Cannoneer.

Artillery has a 23% chance to deal 250% damage instead of 150%. BEEP has a 45% chance to deal 125% instead of 100% damage. You still think BEEP is better? I think not :)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@shapokomanbeast
    Ofcourse u can use any setup/strategy u want. No one is forcing u to do anything different. I just tell that LBird setup is far more effective than any TBird setup against single enemy. If u believe that or not is up to u, and u can decide to anything u want or need.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@smwforever45

Elite Palading and Elite Stone Guard for me, especially since they got at M14. All my other Red classes are M13 and it makes a huge difference in health which can be significant in the Arena. My Paladin and Stone Guard (Elite, M14) have 8907 health and Samurai at M13 has “only” 7745. Samurai’s attack is nice though with 3 x 802 (total 2406). He’s next on my list to grind at M14. It would make an awesome Elite class :)

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@kennymcc

This conversation has gone longer than I want but if you’re going to flat out tell me that Lightning bird is more effective than ETbird for stronger opponents without backing it up I will tell you that ETbird is better than Lightning bird and around and around we go.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@shapokomanbeast
    U showed nothing to prove that TBird setup is better than LBird setup against single enemy. Where are u arguments, dude :)? Show me what is better in TBird setup against single enemy? Or u can talk about nothing and nonsense over and over again :)?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    Ofcourse, Artillery set is best against single enemy. I didnt say that Beep set is better against single enemy. I said that Beep set is useful against single enemy.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pixelyzed
    Stone Guard only works well against non-Mana teams, and I don’t really like his support ability…

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

Single strong opponent, as long as they’re not immune to negative effects, I like Samurai (w Grand Slam), Lightning Bird, Elite Skulkers .. so many chances for Samurai to stun and it lasts 2 turns. Against an enemy that takes 2 or 3 turns to launch their attack I can sometimes kill them before they get one attack off.

Anonymous

Marksmen/Cannoneer/Illusionist

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Samurai/Cannoneer/Marksmen has also always been a strategy to go for me… especially with Marksmen at high Mastery :)
    In addition to extremely high damage, Samurai can also provide nice defense, Cannoneer will lower the enemy’s damage, and Marksmen could counter and get some extra damage in :)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@marty-schofield
    Thats a good idea :) Grand Slam set makes Blues rage stunning to last 2 turns. 1st turn: Skulkers dmg, Samurai dmg, Skulkers rage dmg; 2nd turn: Skulkers dmg, Samurai dmg, Samurai dmg; 3rd turn: Skulkers dmg, Samurai dmg, Samurai dmg. There is very good chance that the enemy will be stunned again by samurai. If the enemy is not stunned again by samurai, the LBird,Seadog,Skulkers is better choice.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@kennymcc

Dude? Let me preface my comments by saying I’m not mad and I’m not trying to be a dick. As far as I’m concerned we’re all a “family” of sorts and I won’t hold any hard feelings against you no matter what.

However, you just said that I haven’t proved anything without proving anything yourself. Of the 2 of us you are the only one qualified to run the proper tests because my LBird is only M14 and I don’t have fully enchanted items or a Cronos set.

I did run some tests with your strategy with my Lbird and fully enchanted Lvl 62 Twin Lightning set. In 9 battles at the Maelstrom that combo never beat the Poseidon Pig and overall the damages were lower than ETbird. However as I mentioned, my ETbird is M15. With ETbird I beat the Poseidon Pig 3 times and came within an eyelash of beating him 4 times out of 8 battles and the damage was overall higher than with M14 Lightning bird.

A lot would depend on the ability of Lbird with Chronos set proc. 10% is far too low for me to depend upon on a regular basis which is why I threw it out long ago. Obviously I would concede that if it produced once in the 2 turns you mentioned it would be a huge help to have an additional Sea Dog and Skulkers attack.

All that being said you did open my eyes to the supportive ability of Lbird when it comes to Sea Dog & Skulkers. It is truly a devastating combo. ?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@shapokomanbeast @smwforever45 @burbman @datguygamer
    Yeah the LBird setup is all about his defensive ability :) LBird never attacks in this setup ;) I made video about it. Poseidon Pig is really great single enemy for testing. You can see 5 battles in each setup (LBird setup vs TBird setup). If I read it right, there is aprox. 6k average dmg difference (maybe more) before the Poseidon Pig can act. The dmg difference is various, it depands on extra dmg procing. When the extra dmg procs alot, the LBird setup is able to defeat Poseidon Pig before it can act. I didnt use Time jump set because it has too low chance to proc and would bring more chaos to this testing :) LBird setup would defeat Poseidon Pig every time with Time Jump set if it procs, before the Poseidon Pig could act.
    Any suggestions to make different testing with different setups?

EDIT: BTW. I was wrong about Grand Slam set and Rage attack of Blues. I thought that 2 rounds stunning from Grand Slam set also effects any stunning that triggers any Bird in your team. So Grand Slam set has no effect on Blues Rage attack stunning, unfortunately :( I also tested it on Bard’s stunning and no 2 round stunning too.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@kennymcc

Haha yeah I figured it out last night after I kept thinking how adamant you were about it. I thought “this guy knows more than me so how could he be wrong?”

My problem was that I was attaching Sea Dog to Lbird on the second turn and attacking rather than constantly deferring to Skulkers.

I bow to your Epic knowledge sir? Just goes to show, never mess with the Yoda.

As far as other strategies, I tried a few and couldn’t come up with anything although I did like the Samurai, Lbird, Skulkers combo mentioned. I don’t have the stun set so I can’t use it.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Upcoming Event – Dangers From The Deep (Elite Guardian) New Helm

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 249 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.