Some Strategy

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Some Strategy

• If you are starting the game new try to pay attention to the squads that a given transformer belongs to. As the board clears you will be offered new transformers to free. If you have a choice to free two transformers and one means you can complete a squad, choose that one, as completing a squad will give you a 5% bonus for your coins. Once a new transformer becomes available you may be tempted to free it right away. You may want to wait till you clear the next zone though as you may complete a squad sooner because you ended up using all your pigs prior.

Variant transformers, the ones that give you double coins, can give you huge payoffs. Try to upgrade these guys first when you get them.

Jenga Mode costs money, but this can be a huge payoff too from a coin perspective. If you choose to invest in Jenga Mode, try to get the Jenga transformers at least up to level 8 to maximize your coin collections. Goldbite and Soundwave as the last transformers can get you some serious coin – 5K to 10K with videos.

Missions, once you get your squads, from an upgrade perspective pick three transformers from each mission type (hence 9 total) and focus on upgrading those as best you can. This will maximize your returns on your missions. I have transformers at levels 11 and 12 and without the video I pretty much get 4 out 5 pretty consistently. So combining the above strategies, I have chosen Jenga and Variant transformers as part of my 9 to hopefully maximize my coin and material returns across several fronts.

The River levels can be really really tough. What I did is I “parked” wimpy transformers there for like a month. So once the game gave me say Optimus or Bumblebee at a River level … I would try it … but after the game kicked my butt a few times, I just left them there. The City levels are quite a bit easier and what this did then is it forced the game to put my “money maker” transformers (and hence the ones I upgraded the most) at these levels and hence I could generate some serious coin. Essentially by “parking” transformers at the tough levels I was forcing the game to put transformers I wanted at the cities I wanted them to go to. After I had finished upgrading the rest of my fleet to where I wanted them, I then went back to the wimpy transformers and gave them a few upgrades to either actually finish the River level, or a had Starscream clear it out for me.

Sometimes the game keeps on giving you the same transformer that just gets killed every time. So, you may be forced to deviate from the above strategies and upgrade that transformer.

I use my gems to speed up the upgrades and upgrade my silo. For now I have completely avoided adding “bling” to my transformers and using my gems up on those.

Facebook Friends help! You get nice little gifts every once in a while from that.

Sometimes the game only allows you to watch so many videos and hence stops you from doubling your coins. Early on in the game I had a rule that I had to get at least 1500 coins before I would watch a video to ensure I would have a video to double up on. It sucks when you use a variant that you get around 2500 on that doubles to 5000 and then it says you cannot watch a video to double that to 10K.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.