Primal Power

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Primal Power

• Can anyone explain what the point of this set is? It activates bonus damage on an enemy but only if he is suffering negative effects, but then it removes those effects. Who wants that?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

With the right bird set-up it can be a very powerful set. Use birds with constant debuffing like Rainbird, Marksmen, Skulkers or even Priestess. There’s more to name but I don’t feel like typing all that :P.

Jim151
    @jim151

But aren’t you usually better off with the negative effects lingering? OK, a couple I can see, like Princess, are sometimes fairly useless. But take your rain bird example. My rain bird does 233/407. Paladin does 1019 with the set. The 45% bonus damage is 458. That’s a little better than the 407 the acid rain would do in one turn, but not nearly what it would do over 3. Sure, you can re-infect next round (assuming he’s not knocked out), but that’s a very inefficient use of him. Infect, heal, heal, heal is much better than infect, infect, infect, infect.

I suppose marksmen, cannoneer, samurai could be very effective, if attacked in that order. But overall, the set seems very limited.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

IMO, Primal Power is only good when combo’d with multi-turn mass effect like Acid Rain & Princess Power. You could pair it with Skulkers.

I’m not using it, though.

Anonymous

Well yes it would be better for Rainbird to constantly heal. This does seem to be a more offensive set though. I’m guessing you don’t like to play aggressively. Me neither and that’s why I don’t use it. However it is a good set to use for people who play extremely offensive.

I could imagine this being a nice set for the arena too thinking your emblems (Rage Block, Enfeeble, etc) put effects on the birds. Infact as soon as I get the Primal Spear I think I’ll have a good “pure attack” build.

Jim151
    @jim151

Well yes it would be better for Rainbird to constantly heal. This does seem to be a more offensive set though. I’m guessing you don’t like to play aggressively. Me neither and that’s why I don’t use it. However it is a good set to use for people who play extremely offensive.

Well, you missed the major point in that it’s a very marginal gain in the first place. 458 damage vs 407. That’s a rounding error. And it’s easier to be offensive when you have rain bird keeping another attacker alive rather than hitting everyone for a measly 233 damage.

Anonymous

That’s very true and I see where your coming from. However let’s think about this:

Say your using Paladin with Primal set, Rainbird and Skulkers. Put debuffs from Rainbird and Skulkers Tricksy Trick on himself on the enemies so they get infected. Now attack with Paladin and if the set effect works you deal 90% (45%+45% because of 2 debuffs) of Reds base damage to all enemies. If the effect doesn’t work then you get to keep all the horrible debuffs (Including Chucks poison) so you still get some advantage.

Now for Arena lets do Paladin with Primal, Rainbird, Princess and a banner with an effect the birds get from attacking it (Like Rage Block or Enfeeble). Now attack with Paladin then put debuffs from Rainbird and Princess on the enemies. Next the enemies attack the banner and have the effect from that. Now when Paladin attacks that 135% damage to all birds and 90% to the banner. Now while the birds are KOed you can recover with all the healing.

The reason I like Rainbird is that he can heal when he needs to. Sure it’s better to heal but if he doesn’t need to he gets to infect and therefore the set comes into play. That’s also why I used Paladin is so he can take care of some of the healing.

MusicOfTheApes
    @musicoftheapes

Well to me the primal set would be ultra powerful with this team:
    Stone guard + primal set
    Princess + doom set
    Skulked + beep

Stone guard does 150% damage if there’s negative effect.
    So :
    Turn 1 : apply stone guard aura to himself, attack random with Mathilda so everyone will attack red => two negative effects already on enemies (1 from aura once they attack red, 1 from Mathilda as they’ll all focus on red).
    Next apply skulkers on himself: not only piggies will receive 30% more damage but they’ll also have another neg effect on themselves.
    Turn 2 : apply skulkers on princess, If you’re lucky at least 1 pig will get stunned from doom, adding another neg effect and receiving 200% damage, heal red with Mathilda, then attack with red.

So when red attacks every other turn pigs might receive 45% more damage times 3 neg effects + 30% more damage thanks to skulkers + 150% damage due to SG then if one got stunned 45% (neg effect) + 200% damage on top of that !
    Add each bird’s chance to deal bonus damage with their respective weapon, princess’s ability to heal, this seems to me a powerful combination, especially vs a cave boss.

Jim151
    @jim151

What are you guys talking about? The bonus damage works only on the attacked pig. Yes, it would be great if the bonus damage applied to every effected pig as you describe, but it doesn’t.

MusicOfTheApes
    @musicoftheapes

I was not talking about bonus damage (just mentioned it in the end but just to underline the strength of the team), but about what primal set does.
    It says 45% more damage from Red per negative effect, and stone guard says 150% damage if a pig has a negative effect.
    So yeah what I’m describing works, you apply 3 negative effects on enemies then hit hard with red, and the fact that skulkers’ one adds 30% more damage makes red even more powerful with Stone Guard.
    The rest is just bonus, not related to primal set

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The Primal set works best with the Stone Guardian since he already does 150% damage to targets suffering negative effects. Sure you can use it with other characters, but it doesn’t make as much sense. Depending on my objectives I sometimes use Stone Guardian, Skulkers and Thunderbird in the arena. When my team was level 45 I believe the Stone Guardian’s rage attack would do 5000-6000 damage without the Primal set. I don’t have the Primal set yet, but I’m curious to see how much damage he’ll do when I get it.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Primal Power

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.