Presence in multiple leagues

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Presence in multiple leagues

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 157 total)
  • Replies
  • Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@larry

Hay. I don’t have any screenshots from that time period. Sorry. Is it too soon to approach rovio about the teams in multiple leagues? I will leave this up to the collective. If they have something to do with this then I don’t know?

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I was looking back at the cheaters forum (Page 8 of Cheaters forum) and found another example.

There was a cheater (AAG) on @skaku’s leaderboard in the platinum league.
    At the same time, the same cheater (AAG) was on @burbman’s leaderboard in the gold league and had the exact same score.

Okay, so far we have found the following players confirmed on multiple boards:
    911: Week 10 Platinum/Platinum
    AAG: Week 04 Gold/Platinum

@Larry
    (me): Week 09 Diamond/Diamond
    M1kel24: Week 09 Diamond/Diamond, Week 10 Silver/?
    Vitaly98: Week 10 Platinum/Silver

@dallasreds
    : Week 09 Platinum/Diamond (he never actually *played* in diamond)

We’re still searching for a different board for M1kel24.

@dallasreds, the image in your album shows a platinum league. Is that this week or last week’s board? If it’s from last week, I can put it next to @bubbley’s board from last week.

For friends, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006002446286 and feel free to invite any or everyone in my friends list. It’s gaming only and pretty anonymous. Anyone in there should accept any invitation.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@larry Vitaly98 is on platinum and silver so far, 2 boards not 3. My new screenshot is the same one only thing different is that I saw 911 is also on mimi27’s board

@renitz, thanks, just modified my post and added AAG from @kerravon’s research. I’ll keep track in the first post from now on.

I have submitted all the conflicting boards to Rovio with a pissed off report. How is it even possible that this Arena is still live???

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

That means that I might be playing against people in a higher league, who has more point potential on their spins than I do! That’s not fair!

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@larry
    After checking That lone screenshot from Platinum, it was from last week. It was the one I commented on in the cheaters thread where the # 1 points kept growing enormous amounts every 3 or 4 hours. Glad you caught it. Maybe it will help. Thanks.

The following images show the leaderboards for @dallasreds and @bubbley last week. Notice Dallasreds on both boards…

TomC
    @tomc

@larry in the DallasReds screenshot, the points seems to have decreased in the one with less time remaining.

TomC
    @tomc

@cosmo2503 That makes sense, thanks!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dallasreds — Is that your name on facebook? If you are using your personal account and don’t want to post your real name here (I sure wouldn’t), send me a friend’s request on ABN. I actually have pretty good birds, although I’m not really playing the arena.

@tomc, you’re right. Although @snarky and I are on the same board now and he has seen lower scores for me on his board. It seems that the scores are not always synced properly.

Lodz
    @lodz

This is my current league:
    Clipboard01.jpg

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@lodz How did you get players with scores so low? I’m only in the gold league and the person in last place has 13,110. People with 1 star in my league beat people with 3 stars in yours.

Lodz
    @lodz

I don’t know. Since this week, players in my league after 3 days playing had about 30k-40k points. I am pleased this week situation. :)
    Yesterday happened something strange. After first day Rossen got 20k points CSMagicO got 15k, but in second day they didn’t get any scores or get very low number of them.
    Last week i was also in platinum. I have finished in 9th place with score 45k.

I received a first response to all the multiple boards I sent to Rovio. I’m not sure how to take this. The response indicates they have no idea about this. Logically they must be aware of this since it seems to be by design…

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting us again. The issue you you reported is indeed very weird. We are currently investigating the issue and will hopefully have an answer and a fix soon.
    Thank you for you cooperation and patience.
    Best regards,
    Matias
    Rovio Support Team

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@larry Hahaha yeah right, maybe weird to the support guy, but I doubt it will be for the programmers, then they have no clue what they are programming. Or blindly copying code (Event boards) without thinking about the consequences, i’m programmer in process automation, would have been laid off if I did that. Keeping in mind the game is designed to make money, i’m also putting ? marks behind several other issues/changes.
    For example the banner bugs – function works for opponent but not for player, basically same code.
    In update where those got fixed, they change banner values and raise rewards on wheel to be different per league. Coincidence!! I’m not so sure anymore.

See the following correspondence as well…

Larry Today at 15:05
    So are you saying that this is NOT by design? I’d like to have that confirmed please…

Matias Today at 15:08
    Hi,

Yes, this is not by design. This most likely is due to an error the occurred with the recent update. We will inform you when we have a more thorough answer for you, hopefully in the very soon once we figure out what is going on.

Best regards,

Matias
    Rovio Support Team

I explained to him that the earliest occurrence we could find was from January, well before the last update. Also that we discovered this with boards which were formed before the update came out.

I’m very very skeptical about this.

TomC
    @tomc

Agree with the above; the support response just sounds like the customer service department has no clue what’s going on but it’s almost certain the programmers know what’s happening.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

“We will inform you when we have a more thorough answer for you” translation “We will inform you when we have a more (plausible, not entirely true) answer for you”

“once we figure out what is going on.” translation “once we have found another advantage we can use instead”

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

A thought on this issue: It could be caused by the slow synch rate of your status on the Rovio servers. When you are assigned a league, that may be done by one specific server, but that info isn’t relayed to all the other servers immediately. Thus another server may think you aren’t in a league and assign you to another league. It does seem that people are sometimes assigned to leagues when they aren’t playing, and haven’t “asked” to be put in a league — thus the people with 0 scores for all or most of the week.
    If this happens, you will be in 2 leagues simultaneously. Eventually, your scores will be synched, so you will have the same score in both leagues. The first time this happens, both leagues will be at the same level. However, now you have a position in both leagues, and somehow your second “identity” remains active after the end of the week.
    If you ended up in a different position in the 2 leagues you might, for example, be promoted in one league and remain in the second or even be demoted. Thus your second “identity” takes on a life of its own. Not clear to me why they wouldn’t eliminate the second “identity” and give you the best result from both leagues after the first week.
    Imaging your surprise at being promoted when you thought you were going to be demoted. I seem to recall people mentioning that they did better than they expected at the end, as if when some people collected their prize, the were removed from the leaderboard, which could result in your moving up in rank.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@mvnla2 I don’t know how many servers they have or how the syncing is done. Your thought would mean that info about us is stored in separate databases on each server, if that is the case then the amount of records created would grow exponential rate every week. And what would the unigue indentifer be of that record, how are they preventing me seeing that other data (league level for example) when i open the arena and even sync the scores between the two, or maybe even three, four leaderboards.

And m1kel24 would have been promoted in every one of them because of the cheating, so no way he could be in silver this week, after 1 week of the update.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Presence in multiple leagues

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.