Oh oh, latest drop damaged graphics?

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Oh oh, latest drop damaged graphics?

• Or is it just me? Started ABG this morning, 39Mb download, I though “whoopee, maybe we’ll get some booster pads in the snow” but after it loaded the graphics were all shot to pieces – pixellated just does not do it justice. I’m on an HTC One Mini, any one else having problems? I have tried killing it and starting it again but no better – I will try to add a screen shot as soon as I can work out how.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • FixItDik
    @fixitdik

(sorry – I just want to find out if it is just me – if it is a bug I will raise it in the bug section)

FixItDik
    @fixitdik

screenshot 1

screenshot 2

screenshot 3

screenshot 4

Any thoughts? I have tried powering down the phone (these shots are after I have just done that – nothing else is running). Perhaps the install corrupted but how do I repair it please (without losing all my progress)?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@FixitDick — Ugly! Mine looks fine, has other bugs though.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Have you tried restarting your device?

FixItDik
    @fixitdik

@MVNLA – yup, after posting this I spotted the topic about the update and there was no mention of this problem so I think it might be a corrupt download – I am now hoping there’s an easy way to backup the progress and re-install, the instructions for backup and restore on this forum don’t appear to cover ABG (and are too long winded for Android’s for me only to find they don’t work for ABG) so we’ll see if there are any other suggestions – thanks for your sympathy though :)

@amslimfordy
    – yup, as mentioned below the last screen shot – these were taken after powering down the device completely – I can’t remove the battery but I think Androids do close down “properly” so don’t thin there’s much more of a reset I can do without risking losing my progress (let alone all other settings I have such as mail etc)

FixItDik
    @fixitdik

I have put a note on the Bugs section of the nest here as I see a few people on Google Play are reporting what sound like the same issues. I have also emailed Rovio to see if they can help – fingers crossed as I really miss this game, I might have to get some work done (only kidding boss)

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

@fixitdik – i have some photos of the home screen on my profile to mark my progress in the game and never this poor quality … the in game graphics for me are smooth and not pixellated like your photos

I’m samsung galaxy s3 gamer so the Android update version I got off Google play the other day didn’t cause this for me.

I’m the last guy you’ll want advice on how to fix it cause I’m a racer not a mechanic (haha) Sorry about your luck.

FixItDik
    @fixitdik

Anyone any idea how long you usually have to wait for a response from Rovio support? I had the automated reply acknowledging receipt but nothing since, but that could just be because they are busy fixing these issues we noted (graphics, crash on close, etc)

FixItDik
    @fixitdik

Hi All – quick update, Lauri from Rovio has been in touch and they believe they have found the issue, but rather than me try to explain here are the exact words:

We are currently investigating this issue and have been able to find out that this issue is caused by a certain GPU and Android OS version combination. We are currently working on a fix for the issue and hope to have it out as soon as possible.
    In the mean time, would it be possible for you to try to see if updating to a later Android version would fix this issue? Your device should be upgradeable to Android 4.4.
    We apologize for the inconvenience!

I explained that I wasn’t confident enough to try the upgrade but maybe if you found this posting because you have the same issue you might want to have a go. Meantime I am confident they’ll have if fixed before too long so I am just going to check for updates every day.

FixItDik
    @fixitdik

Erm – I went to update my comment in the “Bugs” section and someone has removed it – I know it was “pending review” but does anyone know why it was not accepted – especially as Rovio have just confirmed it is a bug? I don’t mean to upset anyone, if I did somethign wrong please do tell me, but just deleting the comment without any feedback means I am non the wiser :(

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@FixitDik Good to hear this response from Rovio.

As for the other comment of yours, duplicate comments are often deleted. Since you started this thread, the other post really wasn’t necessary.

FixItDik
    @fixitdik

Aha – oki doke – no worries – sorry but now I understand a bit better, thanks for the explanation :)

FixItDik
    @fixitdik

Upgraded Android and much better now, here’s a screen shot of the Weekly Tournament page (also showing bug raised in bugs section regarding not being able to play the weekly tournament as guest any more even though I had already done the first round before the latest upgrade):
    graphics much improved after Android upgrade

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Oh oh, latest drop damaged graphics?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.