No more pig free roll from video ads?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum No more pig free roll from video ads?

• I spent $3 to get the golden chili early to help with some grindage. Since then, I don’t think I have seen any ads, which is fine. However, it also seems that the daily(?) ads based golden pig machine free roll has also stopped working! If that is the case, it seems like I am being punished for spending a couple of bucks! Over the long run I would much rather have waited on the golden chili than lose out on the daily free roll. :(

Just looking for some confirmation that this is happening to others. I see mention where some people claim not to get the video free rolls, but not sure if they had spent something and not put two and two together. (Android version here.)

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Free Golden Pig spins via video ads is relatively random.

Rumors suggest that they become less frequent as your Friends list increases. Certainly their frequency depends on whether Rovio has a video ad to fill the spot.

But nonetheless, they still exist and in no way vary based on buying IAPs.

For info: https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/which-versions-have-ad-video-for-roll-option/#post-56553

sjmike
    @sjmike

I haven’t seen any ads for the golden pig machine in over a week and a half now. Since then I’ve made it to level 23 and have about 30 friends. I’ve also tried watching a Toons video or two daily as well, without luck.

seggy
    @seggy

I got one last night, although I haven’t updated ABE to the latest version, yet. Naturally it said I didn’t watch the whole video and screwed me out of the free roll.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

An hour ago I got the free pig spin offer for watching the video, but every time I tried to click on the play button to watch the video it didn’t respond so I exited out of the pig machine screen and went back in, but the free video offer disappeared. That was a little disappointing, but I can’t complain because earlier this morning I got a free spin from Piggy Mc’Cool and got the set item Demise.

After I downloaded the update a week ago I’ve gotten 3 set items!!! I got a total of 3 set items in the previous 5 weeks of play and I bought 13 spins during those 5 weeks. One of my 3 set items was a guaranteed set item for filling up my rainbow so technically speaking I only got lucky twice, but I’ve only done 6-7 free spins since the update. Maybe they took a queue from Diablo and doubled the drop rate. However they probably would have advertised an increased drop rate if they changed that so I’ve probably just been very lucky the past 7 days.

slaingod
    @slaingod

Interesting. Yes my friends list has grown thanks to the fine people of ABNest, lol. Just seemed like the video free roll had been coming pretty regular. I have not seen a ‘Loading’ screen ad since my IAP purchase either, so I was thinking that was correlated.

seggy
    @seggy

Just got another one, and it worked this time. It seems like I usually get them once a day, but if it screws me by saying I didn’t watch the whole thing, it’ll just make me wait a certain number of hours before trying again, rather than a whole day.

hack1ge
    @hack1ge

I have never gotten a free roll from watching a video. I only get them as a daily free roll on a friends machine. Something definitely is a trigger for this I am just not sure what as some people get them regularly and others never.

DGNAZ
    @dgnaz

I think I might have figured out why it says you didn’t watch the whole thing when you actually did. It did that to me 3 videos in a row. Then I turned the sound on… since then I leave the volume for the video at min and haven’t had an issue since.

MysticalFire
    @mysticalfire

Dunno. A few hours ago I got one and had no problems.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

It says you didn’t watch the whole video when you don’t spend enough time watching it. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about that because you don’t get to choose what videos to watch and some videos are too short to meet the time length requirement.

Forrestj
    @forrest

I too have found no more free power ups for watching ads. Seems they want you to buy coins to get more power ups. It looks like this is due to the sale of power ups and they want you to buy them rather than give them for free. Too bad.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum No more pig free roll from video ads?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.