New headgear?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New headgear?

• Hello everyone, today (21/7/14) I saw a new headgear for red bird in chronicle cave. That is mighty eagle’s mercenary and the headgear’s name is ronin. Ronin has same powers as knight headgear but it is more stronger and looks different. I have two screen shorts in my album. Go to https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/ekkamjeet/album/ to see. Is this headgear unlocked after when the knight headgear is master class? If you know please leave a comment.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

As far as I know it is not new headgear but
    japaneese exclusive headgear for Red, meaning it is exclusive for Japan appstore. Some players unlock it as gift from Rovio after they participated in some competition or something like that.

Junkmaniac
    @junkmaniac

Unfortunately it doesn’t do much.

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

Is it actually stronger than Knight? Or is that just because (like all Mighty Eagle’s Mercenaries), it’s a higher level? Seems like it might just be a local difference in naming. The word “Knight” in Japan would have less cultural significance than “Ronin”. Might be that all Knights in the Japanese version are called Ronins instead?

MysticalFire
    @mysticalfire

It’s Just a slightly better knight. Exclusive to Japan.

Wanna Know what a Ronin is? http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rōnin

The reason this is only in Japan is that the bamboo forest the big armoured dragon pig is also called ronin.

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

@mysticalfire – Yeah, I know what a Ronin is. I actually used to work at a company called “Ronin Entertainment”. (They don’t exist anymore, but they made a bunch of games back in the 90’s and 00’s.)

Just wondering if it was really any better in this game or just a cosmetic change and a localized name.

Danke_
    @danke

I’ve stumbled across this too, just it was fairly weak, and a bit expensive, like other mercenaries.

Anonymous

You can also watch the classic X Files episode “Pusher” for details on Ronin. It’s been a decade or so since I watched that, but still remember. One of the really really excellent episodes of that show.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New headgear?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.