Legendary Riot

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Legendary Riot

• Is it really as effective as it is? Because seriously, I used the expensive roll THREE times and I got ONE legendary item.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • Replies
  • Puzzled
    @puzzled

You were lucky! I tried it twice on the regular wheel, once on the arena wheel, and got NO set items.

Duiksmurf
    @duiksmurf

8 spins on the 15 LC got me one set item

i used to get one out of ten rols in the previous version with 3 times enhanced mode after a week of battling the GP.

now i got one on 48 rolls … combine that with the fact that we get a lot less LC per week now …

grmbl!
    D.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

There is information on the old system for the Golden Pig Machine (GPM) in a link located within the “Angry Birds Epic Tips (Master Topic)” thread.

For the old system, you were better off spending your LCs on the cheap roll during the rainbow riot than spending LCs on the expensive roll. The only benefit of the expensive roll was that for any non-set items gained from the GPM, they will have a minimum of 2-stars.

It looks like this old data may now be obsolete, so we will have to start collecting data on the new system.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@kerravon But isn’t that outdated info now when Rovio changed the way rolls in the GP works?
    Expensive rolls now gives the same amount of rolls as the cheaper ones for the same amount of LC but with the benefit that it also gives you 1 free roll as a bonus.

Viking
    @viking

I only received two items during the 5x riot roll after spending about 50 LC and both items were duplicates of what I already owned. Neither of them were ones that I focused on getting which I thought it was the hole idea for choosing the legendary items you want or need.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@angryjohnny You are absolutely correct. I thought we still had an expensive roll option.

I believe we now have a couple of different rainbow riots – one with a 5 x chance and one with a 3 x chance.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

@kerravon, when is the 3x rainbow riot? I haven’t seen anything about it–just the 5x, which I accessed yesterday.

IndySan
    @indyswainosan

This is another change that does not make the game more attractive. It’s just a way to take more coins away from you and ask you to buy more. The old GP was much better. This is not an improvement.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mimi27
    Jorge freeman posted an image of next months calendar. It had a x5 and a x3 rainbow riot. I should have looked closer. These are every two weeks.

angryde
    @angryde

A first for me… I accidentally tapped the 5x/+1 25LC button after claiming a free-roll… damn. So, in 6x rolls with no multipliers… I received 1x set item(s). Lucky, as usual. Prior to this ‘accident,’ I’d have performed perhaps 8x rolls on the GPM and AGPM combined… since the game launched. I’d say that 95% of my set items (+ arena set items) have come from free rolls. I cannot bear to spend LCs. Lol.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I did about 10 expensive rolls during 5x riot and got about 9 set items so that is 9/60 = 15% divide that by 5 again and you get about 3% for an average unmodified spin. Some people are reporting much worse results, but I think people are more likely to post and complain about bad luck than good or average luck. A reasonable expectation would be for a regular spin to give you somewhere between a 2-4% chance at a set item.

One of the items I got was the Primal Axe, but the game crashed immediately after I got it do I lost it. At least I got my 30 LC back from doing 2 expensive spins when it reverted to the last save file. We will get the Primal Axe for free later this month, but the version I will get only does 250 damage instead of the 300 damage you would expect a level 45 set item to do.

@kerravon
    Since your birds are less than level 45 let us know how much damage your free Primal Axe will do.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea There are all sorts of discrepancies between what is displayed when you press the icon on the calendar, what you see when you look at what your birds are equiped with, and what is displayed when you look at stats of equipment from the GPM page (I.e. the new icon on the GPM page). I see the same discrepancies for both of my games.

In fact I looked at stats of banner set items from the new GAPM page, went to the nest and the regular GPM to look at stats for weapons, and the banner set items came up. I had to force close the app to get the regular set items come up from the GPM page.

But sure, I will let you know what happens when I get my free Primal Axes.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

All

@kerravon
    @killerkea @angryjohnny @angryde
    This new GPM and GPAM is so GREAT !!! The 5 plus 1 free spins allows you to get consecutive duplicate items you already had in bulk (before I deleted them for the hundredth time) in less time. Wow. I only tried a few for the heck of it and got 1 set item. My head is still spinning from my stupidity but maybe I will get over it. ????

angryde
    @angryde

I paid 25LCs for 5x/+1 spin on the AGPM during the 3xRR and received 2x diamond level set items (non-duplicates). Then, approx. 1x minute later, I free-spun on a friend’s (A)GPM and landed another diamond level set item (non-duplicate). Feelin’ lucky today! Perhaps I should consider purchasing a lottery ticket!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I did 46 spins (7 x 6 from expensive spin + 4 free) during the 3x riot yesterday and got 3 set items. 3/46 = .0652 divide that by 3 and I got an average of 2.17%.

After I count the 60 spins I did earlier and remove the multipliers my average chance to get a set item after 106 spins is 2.64% per spin. This is a little lower than what we were averaging before because if you triple 2.64% that is approximately 8% and people were averaging much more than that during the previous rainbow riots.

I got the 300 damage version of the Primal Axe so it wasn’t a complete waste of LC for me.

EggStealer
    @eggstealer

In 3x RR it showed for me that it was a 7x RR. So I did 2 rolls and one free and received a non-duplicate set item, a 3-star shield for Red but and a zero star item with the free roll. Seemed lucky!

Golden Piggie
    @goldenpig

i dont understand, i always get lucky, i only did 20lc roll once (before update), and got gold bullet. and i only got 1 duplecates. i probably only rolled 50 times + 1 expensive, and got 10 set items!

Viking
    @viking

I thought the expensive roll only gets you increased movement on the rainbow which leads to the guarantee legendary roll sooner. I don’t waste my coins. I only spend 3 when I roll.

Anonymous

@viking No before the update the 20 coin roll not only gave a 20% boost in the rainbow bar but also a much higher chance for a set.

burbman
    @burbman

Deciding if the new GPM is better, worse, or the same as the old system. Especially when figuring in the new rainbow riots. Will somebody please check my math?

Used to be you spent 20 LC for roughly a 12% chance at a set item plus 20% of a guaranteed set item. Ten spins for 200 LC would yield on average 3.2 set items, approx 62.5 LC per Item received.

Or you spent 3 LC for roughly a 6% chance at a set item plus 2% of a guaranteed set item. 66 spins for 198 LC would yield on average 5.25 set items, approx. 38 LC per item.

Now you spend 15 LC for six separate 6% chances at a set item, plus an estimated 12% (assuming chance oer roll and rainbow bar advancement remained the same) of a guaranteed set item. Thirteen Spins for 195 LC would yield on average 6.25 set items, approx. 31 LC per item.

The 3x riot should just divide the cost per item accordingly across all three scenarios, but now only comes up once per month instead of weekly.

The 5x riot should conceivably reduce the average cost per set item to just under 8 LC? Based on that math you would receive an average of nearly two items per spin? This is inconsistent with my own result last month, as well as results reported by others here in the nest, so I am wondering if I have made an error somewhere, or if Rovio nerfed the likelihood of rolling a set item on any given spin.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’ve only done about 150 spins which is not enough to get an accurate number on your chance to get a set item, but I’m averaging more than 2% and less than 3% so your chances during the 5x rainbow riot would be between 10-15% per spin and for the 3x riot it would be between 6-9% per spin.

Viking
    @viking

@partshade To me the increase in chance to get an epic is equivalent to playing 3 coins 5 times which equals 15 coins. So I have more luck playing 5 times vs 1 times then again that goes against the law of averages but everyone is different.

Thanks for the info Part!

So far, I have received the same crap I always get now. What is the post of the focus screen if you don’t get the item you focus on?

Anonymous

@viking That last paragraph of yours is exactly why I don’t spend a single coin on the GPM. Almost everyone here says they have bad luck on getting what they want so why should I even try? I just let the free video and friends rolls take care of the set items.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

Sorry for being off-topic, but could someone explain the recent changes to the GPM and GAPM to me? I haven’t been playing Epic more than a month, and I haven’t installed the update either (not that I would have a choice, given the update’s grace period expired).

Golden Piggie
    @goldenpig

So, I did a test and I spent 150 rolls, 120 rolls from the 6 rolls, 300 lc’s, plus 30 rolls from the 3 lc rolls, 90 lc’s, totaling 390 lc’s and got 24 set items, many being duplicates, so 12 different set items total. If you do a test on my first number, 24 you would get 16.25 lc’s per set item averaging about 5.41-5.42 spins per set item, much better than what most people reported. If you do a test on my second number, 12, easy to do because 12 is half of 24, you would get 32.5 lc’s per unique set item. Of course, the rate of getting a unique set item decreases, so let’s say about 16.25 lc’s if you have zero set items, to 32.5 lc’s if you have about 7-8 set items to about 55-60 lc’s for the last one. That means about 5.41-5.42, 10.83-10.84, 18.33-20, rolls respectively.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Legendary Riot

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.