Just started playing, not sure I get it…

Home Forums Angry Birds Action Forum (closed) Just started playing, not sure I get it…

• I’m on level 11 waiting for my energy to restore. I have unlocked bouncy ball and Bomb bird. I two-stared on level 8 and the Red bird just shrugged his shoulders like, oh well! I had over 2 mil points before I got Bomb bird. Then the points seemed to start accumulating from zero again? What’s the plane dropping boxes all about? Confused…

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I guess the box dropping plane is supposed to make the game a bit more challenging by blocking your way.
    The rest? I don’t know…

MicroMax
    @micromax

Confused is putting it mildly @pampeans. I recall complaining about the AB2 scoring but this game is raising it to a whole new level… and I really tried to 3* level 8 in vain whereas every other of the first 10 levels 3 starred at first run?!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Weird, I got 3 stars on level 8 on the first try? Used Bomb throughout the entire level, without a certain strategy.

MicroMax
    @micromax

How many points @smwforever45 to 3* lvl 8?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@micromax I got 3 stars with 659,500 points. The 3-star threshold may be a little lower but that’s the score I got.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Well, at least I’m not alone.

@micromax
    the scoring is bizarre. I can see this pin ball style flinging is going to get out of hand as the levels get harder. At least with the Bomb bird you can strategize where to send him, but the Red bird is a crap shoot for me. No idea why I’m getting three stars or how to control where he goes. Seems like it’s going to be frustrating like AB2.

@smwforever45
    the box dropping plane out of nowhere and related to what(?) is also bizarre.

I don’t get the timer either…

MicroMax
    @micromax

Thanks @smwforever45 for an idea of the required 3* score. Actually 523800 was enough and 364k was not. Lvl 8 so far the only one out of 12 that required a kind of plan to reach 3*.

@pampeans
    I have been wishing for a slomo replay button on several AB games for a long time but never as much as now to be able make any kind of sense of what is happening in Action.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Actually, I only have 1 star on Levels 19 and 20. Two Hatchling levels where you’re apparently supposed to blast through with Chuck. Think I need a different bird to destroy some blocks and get a nice combo.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Still on level 11! Have failed it twice…Grrr!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I did have to use every single of my birds for Level 11 but it’s doable.
    Like in every level, make sure you don’t smash your bird into a corner where it won’t destroy any blocks that are in your way.
    Other than that, be aware of the wind and of the jazz birdies. Bomb is a big help in the level. When he hits the first boundary the explosion will deal double damage to all surrounding objects – so both ice and wood will break in one hit, and stone will be severely damaged.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

HELP
    In level 21 for instance with the birds following my bird what in the heck I am suppose to do to rescue them. They have ! Over there heads.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

The hatchling missions?
    Pick them up by “hitting” them with your bird, then while they’re following you, hit the nest to put them in there. (The nest will have a ! over it, too.) You don’t have to do them one by one, you can also pick them all up and deliver them at once.

Wait until you get to later levels. The football levels are real pain.

MicroMax
    @micromax

Football say you @smwforever45, where? I definitely have to get there soon…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@micromax
    I’m currently stuck at 34 because of the stupid football. :P
    The levels start appearing after you unlock Terence. 32 or 33 is the first.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@smwforever45
    Thanks for your help. it is crazy having to break Into the nest. I have not beat level 21 yet but at least I sort of know what I’m doing now.

MicroMax
    @micromax

“Stupid football” @smwforever45, really? Shouldn´t you beware of the ‘fußball polizei’ :^D

Otoh some time next week I may understand…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@micromax
    Not sure if that’s some sort of inside joke :P
    The only times I’m interested in football is when the European Cup or World Cup is on… and my knowledge is only basic :P

MicroMax
    @micromax

@smwforever45
    Well, Germany being the latest World Cup winners I just thought there might very well be such a department in the police force ;-)

Not to speak of what´s been going on in Fifa lately…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@micromax
    If that department existed I would not live here anymore. :P

Yah. Well, they say everything will be alright… We’ll see.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@smwforever45
    FINALLY BEAT LEVEL 21 tonight. Woohoo. I am on 33 now. When y’all mentioned the football levels, l was confused till I got there and found out they were Soccer balls. Translation for USA! I could not figure out if I was going to be kicking footballs through goalposts or what. I got the first 2 in one shot each but they get more difficult don’t they? Thanks again for your help.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@dallasreds
    Indeed they get more difficult! And very soon at that. About 3-4 levels later you’ll be pulling your hair out at the footb… sorry, soccer levels. I still am. :P

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@smwforever45

If you get time go play level 35 again. It’s one of the soccer/FOOTBALL levels. To get the full new humor hope you get a close up of the last ball to be placed so can see their helmets.

In level 43 the guards have turned into pig NFL players holding Amarican footballs.

Home Forums Angry Birds Action Forum (closed) Just started playing, not sure I get it…

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Angry Birds Action Forum (closed)’ is closed to new topics and replies.