How Long Will It Take?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum How Long Will It Take?

• I am currently a Shooter right now with 795 points. How many years will it take to become a Sling God with 20,000 points?? Because I feel that achieving that rank will take a LONG time…

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • Nothing
    @autobird

@jtwade So 3 years went by, and you’re still not there? I’m not sure Angry Birds can survive that much longer after the movie comes out in 2016… :P

Anonymous

@autobird @jtwade pretty much covered it. Yes it’s 10 points daily and 10 points by making posts per day with one exception. The posts can NOT be on the forums. To get the points you must comment on a NEWS POST.

justpast40
    @justpast40

@autobird, you are right, it will take a long time, but why worry?

Just to give you an idea, it’s been almost 4 years since I joined & just yesterday I hit 15,000 points achieving the rank of Avian Overlord & I distinctly remember it was 12/25, Christmas Day, when I hit 12,500 & the rank of Boss Hog. It looks like there are only 5 Sling Gods & 3 are Admins.

As @jtwade said, being active on the site earns you your Rank points; this is under the FAQ, but Forum posts likes this don’t earn any points. Unless there’s been a change, there’s no 2 per day limit on 5 points per comment, but as he said, the comment must be relevant. I’m sure you’re aware we can’t simply post our score on the Walkthrough page Comments as that’s what the Leaderboards are for. Once commenting on a page & earning the 5 points, subsequent comments on the page earn no additional points. I’ve seen Admins admonish members for stray, non-relevant comments, so it is important that they be on point, helpful & always polite.

Keeping an eye out for new releases & developing a new 3* strategy to post for the various levels will get you 5 points per level. It need not be a higher scoring strategy than either the ABN video or other posted strategy. Sometimes those of us who’ve been around for 4-5 yrs will develop tunnel vision & only think about new HighScore strategies forgetting that often new players or members are simply looking for a way to 3* the level or even to just pass the level. I know when I started playing & found this site I was just happy to pass a level, then 3* all levels, then it was for above average score on all levels etc, you get the idea.

When there’s a new Release, helping to narrow down the 3* minimum & posting the highest 2* & lowest 3* is a way to earn more points as it can be your 5 points per level/comment & eventually may earn you the Score Gatherer Badge.

Answering a new question on a page is yet another way & a great way to help newer players/members who are stuck on a level.

I just glanced at some of your activity & for the last 3 weeks, I’m seeing only Forum posts, which don’t earn us any points, so perhaps that’s why it seems like 20,000 will never happen. I’m not sure which games you’re playing but finding a way significantly participate on those particular levels will speed it up.

I don’t want to burst your Sling God as highest rank bubble, but for a long time I’ve been thinking about suggesting newer higher ranks for more than 20,000 points as eventually, we’ll all be Sling Gods if we hang around long enough.

Sorry about the length, but I wanted to hopefully give you some suggestions you may be able to use to boost your rank. GL out there.

Nothing
    @autobird

@jtwade @partshade @justpast40 Thank you all for your time and advice! I appreciate it very much!

@justpast40
    So you can get points by being active in the walkthrough sections?
    Yeah, I only play Friends(new levels every week) and Transformers(just plain awesome ^^) because the other games never really appealed to me(except for of course, the original Angry Birds we all know and love!). Can I also get points for posting strategies on the Friends walkthroughs? Because I am pretty good without power-ups or special slingshots. The reason for my “Helping Hand” badge was probably because I helped on every Transformers forum there was(I am VERY obsessed with AB Transformers, as you can see)! And I want to thank you again, this time for your long reply! I enjoyed reading it, as I can tell you have a lot of experience and put your heart into it.

Nothing
    @autobird

@jtwade Thanks a bunch! Though I doubt I can pass you since you’re a “Golden Flinger” with 8000 points and I only have 800 ^^.

justpast40
    @justpast40

Exactly @autobird, other than 10 points a day for visiting the site while logged in, the other way to earn points is actively participating on the Walkthrough pages. As I mentioned, the FAQ has lots of good info. It should be required reading …. LOL as it answers a lot of questions new members often have. It’s been revised over the years, but in 2011 when I first joined it was very helpful to me, especially as I’m from the BC (before computer) generation & a grandmother.

Here’s the link to the points info: https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/about/faq/#user

I know you’ve been here a few months, but there’s also this Guide:
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/message-to-new-members/

I’ve never competed in AB Friends, but since those levels change weekly developing new & different 3* strategies without PU would be a great way to rack up points.

I’ve never played Transformers, haven’t even downloaded it, but I’m sure you’re right that others took notice of all your help in the Forums & it’s how you earned Helping Hand & nicely I must add as I also see the Pleasant Company Badge. If I ever decide to start to play Transformers, I know whom to turn for help.

Whoops, almost forgot to say you’re welcome autobird

wrw01
    @wrw01

@autobird
    Welcome to the Nest.

If you click on “About” in the yellow bar at the top of the ABN main page then go to “Badges & Rankings” then scroll about half way down page 6 you will see my post of how long it took me to get to the Sling God rank.

It took some time yes, but it was time well spent having a “boat load” of fun along the way. Fun that really did not cost any significant amount of money over the years.

The best part of playing the AB games and posting in ABNest are the folks that you meet along the way from the Nest. The majority have the generosity of heart in that they will post a strategy, techniques and tips when they obtain a good score. There willingness the share so that others can become good flingers is a common theme.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@autobird — I’m also a Sling God. Not sure how long ago, but I don’t have that many more points, so fairly recently (and quite a while after wrw01). Edit: it appears that it was March 2015.
    I started in Nov 2011 (at least with my current account). I’ve gotten a lot of points by posting 2* max and 3* min. It’s not necessary to post both, you just need to narrow down the possible spread. These posts are generally deleted when the 3* min is finalized, so you probably won’t see them on the older levels. I’ve also gotten a couple of gifts of points from the admins for providing extra service to the nest. BTW, when I first started (before 11/11 with a different account), there weren’t any badges. When they created the badges, the highest rank was Master Slinger (a mere 5000 pts.), and that was what we all aspired to. Good Luck on your quest.

Nothing
    @autobird

Some more thanks to the Nesters who took some time out of their hectic lives to leave a word of advice and kindness! Thank you all once again for helping me out @jtwade @partshade @justpast40 @wrw01 and @mvnla2!! And I also wish good luck to everyone here who also wants to become a Sling God! :)

Nothing
    @autobird

I gained 5 points for posting a comment on level 1 of the “Help Nepal” tournament for AB Friends! It really does work!!

Angry Birds Friends 2015 Help Nepal Tournament Level 1 Week 157 Walkthrough

Home Forums General Discussions Forum How Long Will It Take?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.