Feedback from Kids and Their Adults

Home Forums Angry Birds Evolution Forum Feedback from Kids and Their Adults

• @roviohuzz @rocketfury

I wanted to start a thread for those who have been playing the game along with a child, so Rovio can get a sense of the fun factor for kids as well.

PLEASE ADD KID EXPERIENCES HERE ON THIS THREAD.

I have been playing with a 9-year-old boy, and our general feedback is below (we will add more as/if we continue to play). We make it a point to read every direction that pops up, so we believe we understand game play as much as one can at this stage. With that said:

In general the boy’s feedback is that TNT requires strategy but no skill, and he therefore prefers AB2 because it requires both.

1. We’ve experienced at least one “Critical Failure,” while we had a bird scouting, but it said “Critical Failure, please check connection” and had to restart.

2. At one point, two days ago, we were trying to get a chest and it said “watch video to open chest.” The app instead kept crashing, so we’ve never been able to open it.

3. Please remove the word “ass” from the game (as in “Kick ass”) and replace with “hiney” or “birdie booty.”

4. Side-to-side pointing (in TNT) rather than aiming and activating abilities (in AB2) is not as satisfying. We like how in AB2, you measure distance to make sure you hit your target, etc., and can build up your wing-eye coordination.

5. TNT is more like a quest. Child says you can get any bird from the eggs and it’s not very fun because you might get a bird that you don’t want, but it’s hard to figure out how to use the new bird effectively if you don’t already know how.

“Having a lot of birds makes the starter bids kind of pointless.”

6. TNT–The boy says, “You have to earn the abilities of the birds, but they aren’t even that good. In AB2 you can always activate their abilities and level them up to make them more powerful. So you have a reason for playing the game.”

7. Boy says there are “too many birds in TNT because you finally get used to a bird, but then you get a stronger bird and you want to use it but you have no idea what its play style is. And you use birds to level up other birds. In AB TNT you buy the birds, which is not fun and doesn’t require skill. In AB2 you earn and level up birds by skill.”

8. The child says, “TNT tournaments are not fun because if you’re a beginner, you will easily be destroyed because the pigs always attack, so you have no choice but to lose because it’s not possible to win if you don’t have enough health.

“If you’re not a beginner, you’re paired against a team randomly, even if you’re really advanced.” [We’re at level 8.] There are times you can win with one bird. “The tournaments are the only things that require any skill as you have to be able to figure out where to attack. But if the pigs are all on your opponent’s side, they will attack your opponent, so you just sit back and win. That’s because the pigs do the attacking, not you. If the game is set up where you don’t do the attacking, there’s no point to the tournaments.”

9. TNT deletes your levels–once you’re done, you can’t go back to it. AB2, you can play and practice any time you want. The child plays the easiest levels to build up his skill, trying to use the least amount of birds.

TNT is a little like AB Transformers, which he finds more fun than TNT. He says Transformers is better than TNT because they give you harder and harder levels, but sometimes easier levels, but they don’t give you levels you cannot beat. “TNT is simple and not fun.”

10. Overall, he’s not interested in playing more until they improve the skill requirements for the game.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
  • Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

I am a kid, I can’t play TNT because of the glitches!

SweetP
    @sweetp

Very good and informative feedback @shoemacher. Thank you very much, especially to your 9 year-old son!

bahnjee
    @bahnjee

While I recognize that different people like different play styles, and this young child’s opinions are certainly valid, I still want to add my two cents. I’m sorry to say I completely disagree with each and every point. Chalk that up , I suppose, to the difference between a young child and an old man.

Rovio has put out MANY variations on the original AB that use the fling-from-the-side dynamic. This game is different…and different is good.

QueenElsa
    @rocketfury

Thank you for your insights! All of these opinions will go in to shaping this game in the long term :)

itshotinjt
    @itshotinjt

My kids didn’t like that “ass” was in the dialogue! Otherwise we had fun playing together.

Home Forums Angry Birds Evolution Forum Feedback from Kids and Their Adults

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.