Eggbot?

• Eggbot?

Does it occur randomly or is there a way to make the guy come into your level of play?

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
  • loynis
    @loynis

Pay gems to intercept an eggbot while transforms the area and you will find him in this level. The best strategy is to wait until timer comes close to 0, so intercepting will cost you only few gems.

Eggbots can yield huge loads of coins if you intercept them with a proper characters, like heatwave or sentinel prime (those can oneshot eggbots). Galvatrons work fine, too. Just target the eggbot until it runs off.

If you kill an eggbot before completing the level, you sometimes get 1 gem back.

Just beware that you won’t be able to repair you robot if you intercept the level.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@loynis – When you say “huge loads of coins”, what are we talking about, ballpark-wise?

Red7827
    @gulgor0

They are possibly giving more coins than a golden box and even can reward you with one gem if killed.

loynis
    @loynis

One shot from sentinel or heatwave nets around 800 coins. 800×4=3200 coins. Plus you earn coins from the level itself. I typically score 4-6k points from those missions BEFORE any bonuses.

loynis
    @loynis

Btw, my heatwave is lvl 9 and sentinel is lvl 7.

Both galvatrons are 7, they two-shot eggbots, around 300 coins per shot.

Tried other robots, most of them plain sucks at eggbots. My lvl 10 ultimate megatron couldn’t kill it at all, same with optimuses, grimlock. Soundwave (also lvl 10) is super terrible, he does so little damage at the impact point.

I still haven’t tried energon lockdown and energon optimus, but I suspect results to be the same.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@loynis – 4x from SP or HW??

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I just intercepted an area and when I did the run I didn’t see any egg-bot at all.

Should it be obvious? Or are they really small, or hiding?

loynis
    @loynis

Optimus, you can shoot eggbot 4 times. When he receives too much damage he runs away for a couple of seconds and then come back. 4th time he dies. The amount of money I’ve listed is for shooting him till he runs off.

He’s walking in the place of your buddy. This change was made the last android update, so if you’re on ios,you’re out of luck.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

OK, that explains it then. Just another iOS fail. Thanks for clarifying.

Good thing I didn’t waste too many gems (tried it three times, for 5 gems total).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

If you deploy your Buddy, does it make the Eggbot run away?

It seemed like that was what was happening every time I called my Buddy to help out.

Red7827
    @gulgor0

Actually, Galvatrons give you the biggest profit, as mine Galvatrons make Eggbot run away after taking first hit and giving around 300 coins. There’s also one trick that can make you pursue Eggbots for free. Once the timer is about to hit zero, quickly pay to intercept them for 0 gems.

@optimuspig

Yes, calling a buddy makes an Eggbot run away for a short while.

loynis
    @loynis

Actually, heatwave is the best, he also one-shot eggbots but yields twice as much money.

boston_fan
    @bostonma1971

OK so I intercepted the Eggbot a few days ago because I thought it would be some really cool thing but all I did was shoot it in the butt and nothing happened. Now, after reading this, I’m going to try again with a stronger character and shoot until it blows up I guess?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I think you get some coins just for shooting him, but the more damage you do the more coins you get, and if you manage to blow it up, you get even more.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

So far I have only done this when the timer reaches zero (so I don’t know if it would act differently if time was left) but whenever I do this another level opens up immediately with no wait.

Edit: It doesn’t seem to happen every time. I just did it and didn’t get the free level like the other times I did it. I did find out that it refills the characters life. The one I did (Jazz) was near death but when I hit the button to intercept the Eggbot the life filled.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

Just yesterday in intercepted a level with a minute or so to go so it only cost me one gem. I used heatwave and smoked the eggbot in 4 shots. I couldn’t believe i had about 8,000 coins at the end of the run! Then i was confronted by the “You can’t watch another video at this time” bug. See my post here.

Something is going on with Rovio not wanting us to double up large amounts of coins….

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I think it’s less that they don’t “want” us to double up, and more that they just can’t get their act together to fix all the bugs.

Sounds like they have way too many to know how to deal with them all.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@optimuspig Maybe it is a bit cynical for me to think that they don’t “want” us to. I just think it was way too much of a coincidence that it happened on two relatively big $$$ levels. And why bring back the “watch video” option and the “you can watch another video…” message at a time like this. As i said i haven’t seen that since the upgrade. I really like the fact that they just took away the button when you were ineligible. (With the button removed we know when we have one available that way we can save them for when we really want them, it helped with strategy). I wouldn’t be surprised if after the next update they will publish some guide/rules/specs, one of which will be a cap on how much you can double up? Maybe they are testing the code?? (I’m being snarky)

illawarrior
    @illawarrior2

I never heard of eggbots before now. Thanks. I just scored over 6000.
    1) what do you mean you can’t “repair” your robot?
    2) I intercepted at the last minute for 1 gem – is there any reason or advantage in intercepting any earlier.

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

I scored big on an eggbot and didn’t realize what I had done until the end. Love the tips

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@illawarrior2 I think what @loynis means is that it appears you are thrust into the run immediately after accepting the dome level and spending the gems. Right after you select it you are brought to the “select a teammate” screen. I have found that if you exit the teammate screen, you go back to the main menu, where you can repair your bot if needed, and even sit on the run until you are ready to do it. I have done this frequently so i can wait to make sure I have a video available before i do the gold dome run. It just looks like your Character is sitting on a pile of gold bricks while you wait.

illawarrior
    @illawarrior2

I got 10,000 today from an eggbot game, and it was doubled by watching a video

Hex
    @hxadecmel

I managed to kill an egg bot with a level 7 High Octane bumblebee. I was very disappointed though, the total coins at the end of the run was only 888, even after bonuses. I guess it’s only worth killing the egg bots with certain characters.

Catrine
    @catrine

Eggbot vanished

Wasted gems on intercept

Not happy

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.