Destroying missile launchers

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Destroying missile launchers

• Several times, usually on the Pig City levels, I’ve managed to destroy the missile shooting silos – my TFs are all level 11, I’m on IOS. Is this a new ability? It doesn’t seem to work with all characters and its not always easy to lock onto them, especially with Terence.

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Never seen this. I’ll give it a try next time I do some runs.

When you say “usually Pig City”, what other nodes have you been able to do this?

Did you happen to take note of how many coins you’d earn for each missile silo blown up?

Cerpin
    @cerpin

I think I did it on a beach level with Gold Beak Grimlock, no idea how many coins I was awarded.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Just tried with an Energon Grimlock in Pig City and Goldbite Grimlock on a Beach, and neither of them were able to lock on to the missile silo. I figured if anything, one of the Grimlocks would be able to do it given how accurate their targeting is.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

What level are they? It might only be 11 and up that can do it. Have also just blown a few up with Bludgeon.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

My TFs are all L11 or higher.

jman
    @jman

Before the update most, if not all, TFs had that ability, Galvatron and Grimlock where efficient ones at it though. Note that also before update you couldn’t lock on to silo till after it flipped its lid. Post up date I have not been able to lock on to silo to destroy it.

Interesting that you say Pig City nodes with the green missile silo, I don’t think I’ve tried to shoot those particular silos.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

Having played a few more nodes, it looks like the only ones I can destroy are on Pig City, once the lid has opened only.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I had absolutely no idea that you could do this.

I was just going to say that I’m wondering if it’s not the missile silo being destroyed, but you’re actually destroying the missile just as it emerges from the port so it only looks like the silo?

Cerpin
    @cerpin

Definitely the silo, it has a health bar akin to the pigs, there’s quite a big explosion visible and then the silo is scrap. The green missiles don’t really seem to inflict any damage,so it would be much more beneficial to take out the scrambling rocket silos on other levels.

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

I did in Pig City with a level 9 Grimlock last night ;-)

Level 8 Galvatron also (twice today)

mck
    @mckwxp

You can only destroy an open missile launcher in Pig City, but not in any other places.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I finally managed to destroy one today. Pig City, Optimus Prime, and it was an opened silo.

I didn’t see how many coins, if any, that was worth though.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

@mckwxp I think it’s only the missile silos that launch the big, green, nasty missiles that can be blown up. Blowing them up does not appear to earn any coins, but destroying the missiles, either by shooting them down or using a TFs electrical charge ability (sorry, I forget what it’s called) to take it down, earns 100 coins (in iOS version).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I think the Pig City silos only launch one green missile each, and that’s it. So if destroying silos doesn’t earn any coins, then there’s really no point in destroying them after they’ve each launched their one missile.

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

You get 10 coins for destroying the Missile Silo!!

Anonymous

@sumitarora15 I’m not sure if that’s right. From my experience I’ve only gotten 1 coin directly from destroying the launcher. Although it does also make a huge explosion destroying anything in it’s radius so maybe that’s how you got your 10 coins (From destroyed debris).

nikki567
    @nikki567

Finally managed to destroy some silos today in Pig City, both times with Corporal Pigs, both Level 11. The second time, I got three silos in one run. I was so excited that I didn’t pay attention to how many coins it rendered. Now I can cross that off my bucket list :)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Too bad destroying missile silos isn’t an Achievement. Then we’d know for sure if it was worth doing.

Edit: Just did it. One coin, lol. Not worth doing in such a target-rich environment.

88hanman
    @ashank1m

15 to 19 coins…

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Destroying missile launchers

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.