cyclic damage

Home Forums General Discussions Forum cyclic damage

• I’ve suspected for quite a while that damage done varied, in a cyclic pattern, going from greater to lesser damage, then eventually getting back to the peak damage again. Even though it’s a very small data set, i have what could be construed as confirmation. today on friends tournament using the bird quake on level five, the first time I did it I had 75500 in damage. then 74k, 72k, 71k, 70500, and then it jumped to 76120. there is no technique to using BQ, just tap the button and watch; nothing I can do to increase or reduce the damage. This kind of makes the voices in my head seem correct.
    As I said before, if the aim is good during the peak of the damage cycle, I believe the scores will be better than similar impacts later in the damage cycle. Someone else suggested resetting the game, which i guess is faster than playing over and over waiting for the cycle to return to max potential damage. I guess it would also be cheaper to reset if one is using powerups.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jkhab69 — Welcome to the club of insane AB fans who try to figure out things like variations in destruction as a function of restart.
    The variation in results as a function of restart has long been an interest of mine, hence the self-destroying and unstable levels forum. I think there is more than enough evidence about self-destroying levels to convince any reasonable person that most if not all AB levels change from restart to restart.
    However, your hypothesis that the damage is cyclic is a new twist, and very interesting. I would say though that your limited data set is not big enough to draw any firm conclusions. At the very least, you should show some degree of repeatability through several cycles. I don’t use powerups at all, so might have a few birdquakes to spare. Will look into this later.
    BTW, I’m not sure restarting the game will give you the result you are looking for, although it might. Some of the self-destroying levels give exactly the same amount of destruction on restart n after a hard close of the app. This may occur only for the first self-destruction event or for several, or for none.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jkhab69 — Just to prove I’m crazier than you, I collected some data also. The variation in damage does not appear to by cyclical, and it does not repeat the same pattern after a hard close of all apps. This is on iPad running IOS 7.
    I would agree that your score flinging birds is likely to depend on which restart you are on. However, in this case it is not clear how much variations in destruction are due to changes in the level itself or changes in the birdquake effect (location and strength).
    What you really need is for someone who has one of those pixel-perfect automated run programs to test this flinging birds.

Friends 12/9/14 level 5
    Hard close AB Friends
    1 	70400
    2 	76420
    3 	74210
    4	76960
    5	76970
    6	67960
    7	70450
    8	69460
    9	68430
    10	79060
    11	73100
    12	56190
    13	75510
    14	71750
    15	71390

Hard close all apps
    1	75540
    2	76520
    3	73630
    4	67680
    5	66400

Home Forums General Discussions Forum cyclic damage

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.