Changing leaderboards, getting angry

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Changing leaderboards, getting angry

• Last week I was alone on my leaderboards Sunday through Tuesday. I didn’t play all out thinking it was a glitch and I would have an easy week. Wednesday my leaderboard was full and I was in fourth place. I managed to get back up to second but feel it was unfair as I would have tried harder earlier in the week if I’d had competition.

Now, this week I was put on a leaderboard with 15 people. I have worked hard to,stay in first place checking back periodically to see if I need to play more to stay there. Today when I checked I was still in first. Went to the caves and when I came back I was on a completely different leaderboard and in 7th place.

This isn’t fair. I no longer know how many points I need to stay in first since they can apparently just stick me on another leaderboard at any time. Angry enough that despite loving this game for a year I might finally give it up.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

Wait, your leaderboard has actually CHANGED?? Please don’t tell me, @rovionefuah, that this is yet another sudden change in the game! Or even if it’s for eliminating ghosts, I might as well choose ghosts over this…apparently several weeks ago I read a few threads in the Angry Birds Friends section and people that tried hard might be bumped to a different board, which would be harder to become first in.

bombgirl
    @bombgirl

Yes, I was put on a completely different leaderboard. I ended up going from first with a pretty decent margin to seventh and no where close to first. I don’t look at names I look at pictures and unless the second, third, and fourth place people all happened to change their pictures while I was doing a cave, then I was put on a new leaderboard. I’m so mad! To catch up it will cost me gold coins since I already lost 3 times.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Last week when my board got populated I went from 1st to 12th despite completing every objective. I really don’t like how they didn’t let you see other players scores till near the end and that they are doing it again this week. I don’t find the arena very much fun so I might stop playing it if they keep doing things like this.

bombgirl
    @bombgirl

Same. It takes the fun out of it.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@killerkea — I amazed that you find @rovionefuah’s silence OK.

HarleyM
    @harleym

Not certain, but I think number one on my board vanished too.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@harleym — You said yesterday the top four on your board were right around 20K. Why would they take one of those? They can’t honestly feel one of them was too competitive with the scores grouped up as you described.

HarleyM
    @harleym

The board is weak, yes – I’m at the top now with not quite 27k. I’m not certain anyone was removed, but at the bottom is an unnamed player with no level or points listed, and I thought there was someone else at the top that I no longer see. I would assume that anyone removed and swept into a new board would have been removed automatically… whether or not that makes sense. I could be mistaken; I certainly hope I am. All I know for sure is that I’m going to try to stay out of first until the end of the week.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Maybe Rovio have automated a way to move cheaters into their own leagues/boards :-)

Yes I know, wishful thinking.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

They’re probably just moving people at random to see how much flack they catch. Get ready for the PvP feature “Leader Board Blender”.

bombgirl
    @bombgirl

One, I was moved and I am not a cheater. 2, my board was like HarleyM and the top four were pretty evenly matched. I had to work hard to stay at one. My pretty decent margin was by 3,000 points. Now, 2, 3, and 4 are evenly matched, but one has almost double our points.

sjmike
    @sjmike

I had the exact same issue last week. I was the only one on my leader board up until late Thursday. I found it kind of odd that I was the only one and I kept checking it would show other users star ranks, but you had no idea what their score was or their name. Then once it got populated, I got bumped down to 6th and was unable to advance to the next round.

HarleyM
    @harleym

@sjmike That’s a different issue entirely that almost everyone faced. You went from no board to a board. @bombgirl evidently went from one board to a different board.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mvnla2 Personally I don’t think the ghost problem is a big deal. As someone else explained if it is random who they ghost then you are just as likely to be helped by it as you are hurt by it. I’d much rather them work on other issues like no scores showing up on the leaderboard until late in the week or getting rid of cheaters since that affects things a lot more. Rovio’s silence seems to indicate that they aren’t going to get rid of the ghosts so you’ll just have to live with it.

bombgirl
    @bombgirl

Just a thought. Do you think I could have traded places with my ghost player for some reason? Still ticked as I won’t be able to advance this week.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@bombgirl — That is a possibility of sorts. I’m not entirely sure how much control Rovio has over the servers and the boards. Their inability to ban players by their own admission seems stupidly inept as far as code design goes. “We are all waiting for the engineers to come up with a solution”. This includes the poor people in charge of replying to the trouble tickets.

I would not be surprised if they have all kinds of things screwed up as far as a PvP server design goes.

this really sucks, I was in the middle of my leaderboard with some cheaters I think with over 40k points, and today I got moved to last position into a new leaderboard, which is a lot worse than before, thanks Rovio for rewarding the cheaters and pissing people trying to play your game, I give up.

bombgirl
    @bombgirl

That’s where I am., I’m playing this week well enough not to go backwards While I decide if I want to keep going or just quit playing altogether. I got stuck in gold 2 weeks in a row due To Rovio errors. It sucks the fun out.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Changing leaderboards, getting angry

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.