Beat A Friends Score . . .

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Beat A Friends Score . . .

• Hey everyone,

I’m sure you all know how aggrevating the “Beat a friends score” challenges are if you’re spending gems to get beyond them.

I don’t really know to many people who play AB Go in real life, so I’d like to post my game center info here for anyone to add, and would like to invite you all to do the same!

My Game Center handle is Rzn83

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Replies
  • nacho18
    @nacho18

Hi : @rzn83.!!! 2 question!!!

– Are you looking for some one player to help you to pass the mission: Beat a Friend Score!! Or.

– Are you looking for friends to play and drive better score than yours..!! If yes . On this last one question !!! You better wait for Multiplayer update ; when maybe longer. No multiplayer yet to beat friends scores and achievements.!!! So can you be more clear .!!! I’ll help you on Game Center if you just need to pass the mission. Okay.

RzN83
    @rzn83

Actually, I found a forum thread here on Angry Birds Nest which was full of people’s Game Center handles, which has already helped me beat the challenges without using gems.

However, I think my thread here in the Angry Birds Go section is still relevant because I must have put in close to 75 different Game Center handles, and so far only TWO of those 75 have any Go scores.

So… If you play AB Go, and would like to have friends to compete scores with in the game, post your handle here!

Bad piggies
    @bad-piggies-2

Hi! I would like to compete in ABgo

GC: Carrot-master

princessstar5025
    @princess5025

How to do this android phones where there is no game center?

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hello :@princess5025..!!! Yes unfortunately there is not Game Center on Android. !!! Tips…!! Ask ROVIO IF ::they are planing to introduce on the future a Game Center on android..!!

Secondly ::!!! You can get an Apple Device . Then you can play on it that future…!!! If you love .ABGO . It’s a good investment .

RzN83
    @rzn83

Does android ABGo not have the ability to connect with Facebook?

princessstar5025
    @princess5025

Yes it does have connect to facebook and I posted my score for my friend but challenge not completed doing that so not sure how to complete it

ABGoRia
    @abgoria

Hi, you probably have already read on the other topic by @nacho “How far are you” that android and IOS users on facebook are unable to sync. This would mean that android users can only beat each other android users scores on facebook likewise IOS. Pls correct me if my understanding is wrong.

I have a question though on this. How does this work out, presumably you will have to beat a friend who has already done the challenge e.g. Seedway track 1 fruit splat ch.1 or it just doesnt matter who played first so long as your score is higher than your friends? Totally am a newbie on ABGo and FB.

angryde
    @angryde

@abgoria Hi, me again, definitely NOT stalking you on the forums… =P Beating a friend’s score is an extremely literal task!! If you’ve a couple of FB friends linked via ABGo – on the SAME platform such as iOS7 or Android – then each race will manifest a leaderboard indicating who’s where, etcetera. Beating ANY of your friend’s scores will clear the task – regardless of their individual standing on the aforementioned leaderboard. Cool?! You may want to avoid FB friending some of the racing g.o.d.s. on the challenge forum moderated by nacho18 as their scores are… well… appropriately g.o.d.l.i.k.e. Lolz!! FYI another approach – especially if you’re squeamish about FB friending RANDOMS from a gaming forum =P (totes understandable BTW!!) – is to create yourself a dummy/secondary FB account and link up with that… all the dummy account scores will be ZERO and there’s no potential for ongoing creepiness. =P Good luck!!

ABGoRia
    @abgoria

@angryde. LOL no you are not doing that for sure. Many thanks for explaining the mechanism. I wouldn’t even dream of beating any of those mighty racers scores on nacho’s group! Your suggestion of a dummy FB account will help, i’ll keep that in mind. Thanks.

cholewap
    @cholewap

Next you can not perform the task

nacho18
    @nacho18

@abgoria. I just read this . Before I wrote on the main Topic : How Far you are!!! Some tips for you.
    I recommended that you and @cholewap and @cosmo2503 ..!! Can befriend yourself each other as team but if you want to add me !!! On Facebook .!!! You can do that too..! Ask me on my account on this sits by Private message . And I’ll give you my Email . So you can add me on Facebook bias Email.

ABGoRia
    @abgoria

@nacho18. Thanks for the recommendation. Still tinkering mindlessly around. I am slow to grasp new ventures. When i am finally bold enough to step into FB world i will certainly add you as a friend. I mean i did create an FB account but am procrastinating till i feel more comfortable using it.

Chadgetsbored
    @chadgetsbored

Need ABG friends too. iOS chadgetsbored in Game Center

ABGoRia
    @abgoria

@chadgetsbored. Check out @nacho18’s moderated topic “How far are you” , you’ll be able to find Game Centre friends.

princessstar5025
    @princess5025

When will this be fix for android phone? I have some many challenges to beat a friends score that I can’t do.

ABGoRia
    @abgoria

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same problem as me. I discovered on 4 challenges that my scores are slightly higher than one of my FB friends, but I am not allowed to pass these challenges. So I tried to beat the lower scores many times to the point of frustration but the challenges would not budge.

Finally, I emailed rovio and followed with another email when I did not hear from them with some screen shots to prove my complaints are valid. However, the answer that I got was to beat my own score, huh?!!! If beating the other FB’s score is not doing the job why would I want to beat my own score when the whole challenge is about “beat a friend’s score”, right? Why not simply admit they cannot fix these glitches and that I should use gems to pass as it would save us all the trouble?!!!!!! Come on! Rovio!

angryde
    @angryde

@abgoria. I understand your frustration with Rovio’s customer service department. When I submitted my assistance requests to them re: the Facebook bug – complete with a comprehensive list of what NOT to advise me to try precisely BECAUSE I’d already tried it – all I got was the stock-standard cut and paste ‘you’re a moron who knows nothing about technology’ answers.

I ran into the problem you’ve described when I was first attempting to beat a friend’s score on the newly updated Sub Zero levels. It has something to do with how the cleanly the App handles the import of a new Facebook friend. In some instances – and for whatever reason – the import can get a little scrambled data-wise… so the ‘score’ that’s imported doesn’t trigger an achievement cascade in the Apps programming architecture.

In my experience, the best solution is to clear the App of existing ‘shared data’ and attempt a fresh import. This approach gives the App another opportunity to import the data cleanly – especially when you re-add the majority of your Facebook friends in one session. Each time you add a new friend, here and there, one every couple of days, you increase your chance of triggering a data scramble (this is poor software design on Rovio’s part…. yes… but to be fair it’s also an unfortunate byproduct of data sharing between Apps and web-based data retrieval)

I’ve posted a step-by-step guide re: what’s worked for me + some other folks in a couple of other threads here on ABNest… so you may want to give it a try, yeah? I know it seems fiddly and tedious but it’s the only way to really ensure that you’ve performed a complete ‘reset’, as it were. Let me know how you go, as there are still a couple of other things I can suggest if the aforementioned approach doesn’t bring any joy.

ABGoRia
    @abgoria

@angryde. Their support team have been quite nice to me, but it would seem that they either cannot or do not have the know-how to assist or mend the glitches. Seeing that you have also experienced the same problem, so mine is not the only happenstance.

I understand what you said about the interface thing, but they really should look into it and do something.

Your advice and tips are a lot more helpful than their suggestions, but being one who does not know much about this computer stuff, I really don’t know if I can manage.

Wishfully hoping the problems will be gone soon!

angryde
    @angryde

@abgoria. I understand your frustration 100% The problem with the Facebook bug is that fixing it may require Facebook to make some modifications to its programming and/or systems architecture… thus, making it more compatible with Rovio’s. In the end, Facebook won’t act until its very certain that its long-term co-partnership with Rovio will be profitable enough to justify its short-term expenditure on the aforementioned modifications. So, it’s all about revenue streams and potential revenue streams. Uurrgghh. Please, let me know if you need me to email you a simplified set of reset instructions… happy to do it.

ABGoRia
    @abgoria

@angryde. Thanks buddy, you have been very helpful! And, you are absolutely right, no major company would go through such length unless it is profitable. I thought I would try a little bit of your suggestion by disconnecting FB from the game and reconnect again. Did it several times, no luck. I do not want to go through disconnecting everyone even though it is not a long list.

Then, just got a reply from rovio asking me to do what you have suggested. Also, they said they have passed the challenges in question for me. For a while I was elated but only to find I am back to square one. It even crashed out on me while I was doing for the last time (I did several times and checked the status over) the reconnection and I stared at the prompt for an eternity whether to hit cloud or device. I hit cloud thinking it has to be right. After all this exercise my brain is going fuzzy, man! I asked them to please make it work!

Will let you know the outcome.

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hi : @angryde and @abgoria : I still with not connection on my game I do have 15 nesters friends on my dated list : very good friends and lovely nesters . But I can’t connected to Facebook . This situation was after ROVIO recomendations : delete and reinstall again. Did it but after that I lost my connection with friends: I did tried on booths : oficial and. Web Safary : bias also by touching Facebook icon on the game they transfer me to Facebook : I thing Safary : then I see on tap the little circled spiral moving and moving: never stop. Going to the game ; the second Icon Facebook more bigger appears by seconds then disappear : sone times appears longer ; go back to the game ; drive for a while : check again the connection to Facebook big icon : no appears again is gone…!!!

I didn’t tried yet : disconnect Facebook and loaded again: I am afraid to loss or lost my 15 befriends Facebook favorites friends . And restart to befriend them again: no way!!!

I feel really annoying Frustated and angry because this situation . Kills me . No way to Go!

What should I do…!!!

ABGoRia
    @abgoria

@nacho18. Oh No!!!!! that is terrible to say the least. When I was doing the disconnect and reconnect thing over and over again, the images of my FB friends were flashing like a broken movie sect. I felt dizzy watching it and had to stop. Wish rovio can do something about it.

angryde
    @angryde

@nacho18 @abgoria

Disconnecting and reconnecting to Facebook from within the ABGo App won’t work because the mechanisms through which the App ‘finds’ and ‘pulls’ data from other Apps, the Game Centre on iOS7 or from Facebook via the internet are either (1) corrupted or (2) stuck in an infinite loop – i.e. repeating an already stalled retrieval command over and over and over…

The only way of ending this unproductive cycle is to totally break the always-on ‘connection’ between the ABGo App and Facebook (via its App or via an automated web-based retrieval script). Unfortunately, the only way to ensure that you’ve FULLY broken that ‘connection’ is through the method I’ve already described. Deleting and then reinstalling the ABGo App doesn’t always work because that strategy doesn’t ALWAYS reset certain interconnections from the Facebook end. So, in essence, you’re just re-currupting your ‘clean’ App!

So, nacho18, you need to try to think about it this way… it’s your Facebook friends that are responsible for your problems! Lolz. Well, kind of… Lolz. In other words, it’s how the ABGo App originally tried to establish its link to them that’s responsible for your problems! Once they’re gone, which is sad, you can re-add them… cleanly!! This is because Rovio has made some modifications to the scripts that regulate how the ABGo App and Facebook ‘speak to each other’ SINCE you downloaded the update. While your reinstallation of the ABGo App was a good idea… it doesn’t change the fact that Rovio’s original (update) scripting muddled the data from Facebook end.

I know this all sounds very complicated… but, please, if you need any assistance or advice just let me know!

ABGoRia
    @abgoria

@angryde. Thanks for the explanation. I did disconnect completely the ABGo and FB ensuring that I logged out of everything. Turned off the wi-fi. After all these, i waited a few minutes before connecting wi-fi, checked that I no longer see FB friends on ABGo. Then, reconnect FB through ABGo. Each time the FB link asked if I wanted to add ABGo(?) browser and I did. Is this why it won’t work because I reconnect through ABGo?

PS. Just now Rovio sent me a gift of 500 gems to pass the challenges in question. They say they are investigating the problems. So we shall see.

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Beat A Friends Score . . .

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.