Arena – PvP feature or punishment for those that miss some headgear?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena – PvP feature or punishment for those that miss some headgear?

• Having purchased skulkers yesterday I have now 23 bird classes still missing two of them. The birds I use in Arena are almost all 10 of mastery and are all equipped with matching pairs of set items. My banner has 2 set items, too, even if not from the same set. Sunday I started on Silver league.
    I found this league much harder than the stone one because on average opponents are much stronger and well equipped. But the main reason for not doing well there right now (I’m 9th at the moment…) is that on 4 of the 6 sets of daily objectives that were given to me to achieve the 3k one required winning fights with classes of birds I still didn’t have. It happened with Sea Dog 2 times and Skulkers another 2 times. The last one with Skulkers was in a day where I still missed 8 LC to buy it. The following day I won them from the Golden Pig and bought that class. Strange coincidence, isn’t it?
    Not achieving daily objectives because of missing bird classes had happened to me before, but never 4 times in 6 days. What about you? What’s your experience on this matter?

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • Bubbley
    @bubbley

I think you have been extremely unlucky. When the Arena game started I owned all hats except Bard. I was asked to use her on day 3. At the time I was irritated because it was the one missing. I fortunately had enough to purchase her, which I was planning anyway for completeness. I regularly get asked to play premium priced birds as I think everyone does. I have also been asked to play Avenger, which I didn’t buy but was given in the Dragon and Puzzles event. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that part of this event is to encourage players to spend money.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The only bird I don’t have is the Thunderbird and I’ve gotten that objective 4 times. We are in our 4th week of PvP and the first week was a short one. If all birds were given an equal chance to be an objective, this should only happen 4% of the time. Since not all objectives require the use of a specific bird your chance of getting this would be much less if everything was given an equal chance, but they’ve clearly made the third objective select a premium bird much more often than other objectives. I think that would be OK if they didn’t keep assigning objectives for birds you can’t use.

I’ve gotten non premium birds like Captain, Guardian, Spies and probably one or two others as my third objective, but the premium birds show up a lot more often than the other birds for me.

Bossk
    @henjovr

You can build powerful trios with Skulkers and Thunderbird and Sea Dog so buying them isnt zo bad..

But I can imagine it feels like Rovio wants you to buy more LC… Which they do OFC.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

I just got Win with Thunderbird for my 3000 pt objective. I can’t even purchase this class because it’s behind a friendship gate and I don’t use FB for the game. This will knock me back to 7th or 8th place in the Stone league at the very least. I suppose the same thing may be happening to others on my board, but I do wish they’d keep the requirement to a bird, not a helmet.

Anonymous

I have all the classes and I have to say I don’t get objectives with these classes. Why? Probably because the game knows I have them so there no way for them to pull me into spending my Lucky Coins. This might make some people jealous but my most common 3000 point objective is to win 5 battles with Druid. Thinking I use her in every single battle I usually complete it.

Annifrid
    @annifrid

I have none of the LC classes … Of course I’m getting this kind of objectives all the time. Last week FIVE of my 3k objectives were either “win 5 battles with Sea Dog”, “win 5 with Paladin”, or “win 5 with Bard”.
    No wonder I’m still stuck in the wood league.

Bossk
    @henjovr

It’s random. I have all classes and I regularly get a daily for Skulkers, TB, Bard and Sea Dog.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

It really is random, I have all classes too and I get an objective to play with a buyable class at least once a week.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I doubt it is completely random because more than half the time my third objective when a specific bird is required is a bird you have to buy with LC. I think I’ve been required to use the Sea Dog 5-6 times either by himself or with another bird, Thunderbird 4 times, Bard at least 3 times, Skulkers 2-3 times and Paladin once. I’ve never been required to use a premium burn as the first or second objective.

The first objective is usually the easiest with the third being the toughest. Yes there is an element of randomness, but some objectives appear more frequently than others. The third objective definitely has a bias to try and get us to spend LC.

Elemento93
    @elemento93

It happens to me too. I’m in Stone championship and now I’m away from the leader just because 2 days in a row the game asked me to play with the Sea Dog and the Thunderbird.. Both classes require 275 LC each. So a total of 550 LC.
    I’m connected with my FB account so with daily gold pig I get +1 coin ach day of the week. So my total at end of the week is (1+1)+(2+1)+…(7+1) is 35 LC.
    That means that to afford those classes you have to 17 weeks! 4 months! And you buy them at level 1, when you have other classes at level (in my case) mostly at 7.
    God, it’s frustrating! Rovio tries in every way to make you pay for getting LC..

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@elemento93 — I don’t like to spend real $ on LC, but I gave in and bought enough LC for my last 2 birds, Thunderbird and Skulkers. If you think you might, you should do it before the next Event (which I assume will start soon). It isn’t that hard to get new birds up to level 6 or so, but then it becomes the same old slog.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

@mvnla2, I broke down and bought Seadog. I came in 4th in the Stone League and was 2000 pts below 3rd but couldn’t make my 3000 pt objectives two days in a row because I didn’t have Seadog or Thunderbird. Now I just need an event so I can level him up in time to use him if he gets called.

sjmike
    @sjmike

I had to do to the same thing, one of the objectives for me today was to win 5 battles with Sea Dog which I didn’t have. Without those points, no way would I have been able to advance to the next league. Now that I have him, I have to work on getting his mastery up to par with my other birds.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mimi27 @sjmike Look at the mastery thread to find out how to level up your new birds quickly. Good Luck!

Elemento93
    @elemento93

@MVNLA2 I understand man, but I played this game just for fun, so I would never spend money on it.. But I just took in consideration your statement.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@elemento93 — Yeah, I don’t like spending money on games either. It’s been a while, but I think I bought the 450 LC for $18, which means I needed another 100 to get my last 2 birds.

sjmike
    @sjmike

Happened to me again today except this time I needed Thunderbird.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

I have not purchased any LC for this game (and has no plans to do so) and it’s very tempting… twice this week already I was given an achievement with an helmet that I do not have. Looks like I’ll be staying in stone league once again (and I’m a freaking level 41). This is very discouraging and taking away the fun of this PvP event.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena – PvP feature or punishment for those that miss some headgear?

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.