Are the anvil and cauldron upgrades worth it?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Are the anvil and cauldron upgrades worth it?

• Right now, I’m deciding whether I should spend LC on the golden pig, or save up for an upgrade. For now, I’m not really seeing the benefit of an upgraded anvil, and the cauldron upgrade doesn’t seem that useful, since I only use potions in the Chronicle Caves (and even then, not that often). So should I save the LC, or spend it in hopes of some more lv45 set items?

P.S. I already have the golden chili.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • mich
    @m-ich

From my point of view, neither anvil nor cauldron are worth the LCs, at least not if you have enough snoutlings. I find grinding for snoutlings much less of an effort than grinding for ingredients, so I simply buy all my potions. If you’re using very few potions, you may even get by with just buying them when Piggy McCool has them on sale. As for the anvil, as long as Rovio does not fundamentally change anything in a future update, crafted items are inferior to set items of the same level, so if you need better items, you probably want to spend your LCs at the golden pig machine.

The only reason for even considering anvil and cauldron is if you are a completionist and already own everything else you can buy for LC. But even in that case, seeing as Rovio just redesigned the class selection screens to make room for more classes, it might be wise to save a few LCs.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

The anvil was only ever worthwhile in the early parts of the island. However, at that time it was much better to spend LCs on the Golden Chilli, Paladin and Bard. For those with Facebook friends and access to friendship essence (not me), it was always possible to re-roll when making crafted items.

The Golden Cauldron becomes worthwhile in the early parts of the caves, when you start needing potions and veggie cakes to help complete levels. I got the Golden Cauldron probably half way through the caves, when I needed more healing. If you use lots of healing potions, fruit cakes and veggie cakes to complete caves, then I think it is worthwhile. Until you can complete SRC quickly to gain snoutlings, farming for ingredients and crafting potions etc is a good option.

I used a lot more potions in caves 11, 12 and 13. But I was level 41 with mastery in the range 6-8. If you are at a higher level with similar mastery (and good weapons) I don’t know that you would need as many healing potions and veggie cakes. I am working on the last cave (just taking my time since I don’t expect anything new for some time) and only farm for ingredients occasionally. I haven’t actually needed much so far in the 2 new caves, but that will be because I am at a higher level with max ranks.

I could also say that it can get boring just farming snoutlings at SRC. Farming for ingredients is something else you can concentrate on. But at this stage, particularly if you compete in the arena, it is probably more time effective to farm for snoutlings and buy potions.

Baconizer
    @korath88

@m-ich Yeah, I usually end up buying my potions if I ever need them. After all, it’s just worth 3 rounds of SRC.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

I upgraded both once, but have yet to actually use them. I say the cauldron would have more value than the Anvil.

I plan on upgrading again eventually, but 700 LC is steep, especially when my birds are not level 10 yet.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Early in the game I’d sometimes use the cauldron and anvil, but I haven’t used either for a very long time since items from the pig machine are better than anything you can make. Also it is quicker to farm for snoutlings and buy whatever you need than it is to farm for ingredients.

Save your LC and don’t upgrade either since you don’t need them.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

Golden Anvil = NO
    Golden Cauldron: I wouldn’t really recommend this completely, but I recommend it for event battles. Pigs have the same level and you may not know what will come fight you. :) But potions are easy to make, even without an upgrade. In my game, I have a working Golden Cauldron. I’d say upgrades help with x10 brews, because that way, you guarantee getting at least 20 things for the cost of 10.

LottieAbe
    @czcalvert

I did wind up splurging on the Golden Cauldron after the recent addition of crafting 10 potions/ingredients at once, but only at the discounted price of 90 LCs instead of 125. I do like having a lot of potions on hand at all times, but if you don’t care about that, I can easily see this upgrade not being worth it. The Golden Anvil always seemed worthless to me.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Are the anvil and cauldron upgrades worth it?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.