Anvil vs Cauldron vs Chili

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Anvil vs Cauldron vs Chili

• Since they are all 125 lucky coins, which would you say is the best to purchase first. I think this changes depending on where you are in the game. I’m at lvl 17 and in cave 2 of the chronicle caves. I don’t make many pieces of equipment now so the anvil seems less useful and you face so many waves the chili really doesn’t do much. I am leaning towards the anvil but I was wondering other peoples thoughts.

(also, I haven’t seen any of them go on sale since the very first day playing the game. Any idea if they still go on sale?)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
  • TomC
    @tomc

The sale for the Anvil, Cauldron and Chili are predetermined to only occur once (twice for the Chili) so they won’t happen again unless Rovio makes them go on sale in a future update (or if you restart the entire game).

The Chili is by far the most useful in the long run since all equipment from the Anvil have an equivalent or better version via the Golden Pig Machine (which you can roll for free once per day at a friend’s nest). Thus if you’re patient enough, then you’ll never really need the Anvil for anything as all your best weapons will come from the Golden Pig Machine rolls.

I only purchase potions when it goes on sale with the random Special Offer, and 50 coins for 5x of your current level healing potion (Pig Cherry Juice Rank 3 is highest for +400 HP) is a pretty good deal.

The instant Chili can still save you a lot of time by allowing you to set up KO strategies for single opponents or wipe out a bunch with Chuck’s ability.

burbman
    @burbman

Agreed – Chili is the best of the three options, however even better to save your lucky coins for class upgrades later on.

Belto
    @belto

I would not bother buying any 3 of them until you bought the class upgrades. If you have enough friends, getting essences is pretty easy and you can just re-roll everything to get the max stars or get loot from mission rolls.

I recommend paladin and bard first.

TomC
    @tomc

Yeah, the Paladin class is a must get, and Bard preferably too.

Toby
    @tobyv

IMO, of the 3, the chilli is by far the most useful. However, if you’re willing to spend the time farming, you could also make a bunch of veggie cake, so if you are short on coins I agree with buying the classes instead. I prefer Bard over Paladin, but you’ll want them both. Forget the other “premium” (cost coin) classes.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Thanks Tom for the info. I had been waiting many weeks for the cauldron to go back on sale because I didn’t buy the chili until it went on sale a second time, but now that I know those items won’t go on sale again there is no reason to horde ingredients and hold off on making potions. I’m glad I bought the Golden Chili when it went on sale.

One trick to save lots of ingredients is to make low level potions before upgrading to better potions. All potions in your inventory are instantly upgraded when you buy a new recipe. This is a great trick early on, because I upgraded 60+ potions and 60+ veggie cakes this way. The first veggie cake only required 10 tomatoes so it was really easy to make. The second version which gives you +50% Rage Chili costs 10 ice chilies + 4 tomatoes. The third version costs 4 ice chilies + 10 burning pumpkins + 4 tomatoes and these ingredients are much harder to get. Also making the snow apple juice with 4 greater vials + 4 crystal water + 5 snow apples is a lot easier than making pig cherry juice which takes 4 magic water + 4 greater vials + 5 pig cherries.

alucardku
    @alucardku

does anyone know at what point in time does the golden anvil go on sale? I’m at level 12 and have not passed Mountain Pig Castle (the one that holds the 4th egg).
    It seems like a forever wait to get it, however there might be a chance that I missed it (we all only human right?)
    Thanks

KillerKea
    @killerkea

In my case all four sales happened within the first 3-4 days of installing the game. If you installed the game more than 4 days ago, you probably missed your chance.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Anvil vs Cauldron vs Chili

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.