ABE eating up storage space

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum ABE eating up storage space

• I’ve noticed that ever since 2.3.0, the game has been slowly using more and more storage for data as I play the game and I often run out of space forcing me to sign out of my account to purge all of the game data.  Doing this has the added annoyance of going through the game tutorial each time before I can sign back into my account.  I’ve had to do this at least a few times now.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
  • Coach MP
    @coachmp

Epic uses 5.08 GB on my phone.  That does seem to be A LOT of space!!!

Anonymous

@thinkbui @coachmp

Not sure if this is the same issue, but I remember this problem happening to me when Epic was in it’s early days.

The problem was that all of the cache the app created wasn’t completely cleared by certain clean up applications (Assuming one was present), causing a lot to build up. So, what I had to do was go into my phones files, then navigate to Android>data>com.rovio.gold>files>UnityCache>shared (Or for iOS users, where ever the game’s data is stored) and just deleted everything in that subfolder. Usually, there would be about 700mb if I hadn’t cleared it in a while.

Again, this could be a different problem, but it wouldn’t hurt to check.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

Uninstall, reinstall, restore profile.

(if you skip two latter steps, free storage space will increase even further :D )

ThinkBui
    @thinkbui

@werehamsta

Completely reinstalling is a much slower process.  Just purging the game data (at least in Android) clears up the storage just fine.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

True, but for the less Android-savvy players it’s reliable *and* easy enough to grasp.

(besides, I mostly wrote it for the punchline :P )

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum ABE eating up storage space

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.